Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm....the other alied races skip 19 levels,the dk zone as annoying as it is,isnt very long
    It doesn't make a lick of sense for a vulpera to magically pop up under the Lich King (Arthas) pre-demise at the citadel, like wot. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Feels very holdover. Wonder if it might change with 9.0 when DKs revert to starting at 1.
    I feel this is highly likely. Honestly, it depends on what level new Allied Race characters start in 9.0 and I can see having all DKs start at the same level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whoha...so about 36 hrs played. Not looking forward to being lv 50 and 60 again, but that is nice.
    I'm currently leveling a couple of mechagnomes and have a few 'old school' toons to get to 120 as well - in all its going to take about 260-ish levels between the characters to get them all to cap. (unless I boost which I'd rather not do)

When I think about that, I welcome Shadowlands' level 50/60 with open arms. lol

On topic, despite the phoned-in starting experience for allied race DKs, the bright side is shaving 38 more levels off the grind to get heritage gear. It is quite nice, let me tell you.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-16 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    And we're just gonna stroll in, knowing nothing about it, right?
    ..That's how we usually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    They made a new intro SPECIFCALLY because it needed to be done in the same way the ARs are done - instantly. During WotLK there were multiple complaints about the DK starting experience. Specifically about having to re-do it every time you roll a new DK. And with the changes coming in Shadowlands, which are supposed to let you jump into new content immediately, it only makes sense. You can dislike their decision, but a joke or a low-effort-job is not what it is. I also wanted them to revamp the entire old world but hey, I am not bitching about it. It's their game. And it's my choice whether to play it or not (and I choose to).
    "Multiple" .. lol.. those are the people blizzard should ignore. You dont just not put a questing experience because of idiots that want to just jump straight to end game. It should be a choice like demon hunters. "Thanks but I already did this". Itd a shitty excuse.

they needed to rush it out because of it being a pre-order bonus. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Multiple" .. lol.. those are the people blizzard should ignore. You dont just not put a questing experience because of idiots that want to just jump straight to end game. It should be a choice like demon hunters. "Thanks but I already did this". Itd a shitty excuse.
    Ignoring my example with the ARs doesn't make your post sound any brighter. I too want more zones in general - I love exploring them. But if we get 6 zones per expansion launch, then I'd rather all 6 zones be free to explore and not limited to any race or class. Both the DK and DH starting zones were cool but also had their drawbacks (as I already said, it gets repetitive quickly).

I remember making two DKs back when WotLK was released, because I liked the starting zones and the way the script was written.

*le sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    ..That's how we usually do it.
    When exactly did we do it like that?
    Didn't every expansion starter-zone start with us being requested by a well known NPC who told us to head there?
    Especially the latest ones; where you literally get a call from one of the leaders (via auto-accepted quest + talking head).

Besides; the hole in the sky is not visible from where most living beings reside. After WotLK everybody left icecrown glacier, with Dalaran porting out of dodge not that much later... We will need somebody to tell us. :P

It will probably be the faction leader calling upon us by telling us: "Bolvar called, we need to check it out."

Basically it brings the DK in line with the other classes. Monk has no special starting experience either (unless you are a Panda), so it is only DH now.

Otherwise, I really don't see what the fuss is about. We get a cool scene some dialogue from the big boss and a set of friggin cool swords, that is already more then most other classes get.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Basically it brings the DK in line with the other classes. Monk has no special starting experience either (unless you are a Panda), so it is only DH now.

Otherwise, I really don't see what the fuss is about. We get a cool scene some dialogue from the big boss and a set of friggin cool swords, that is already more then most other classes get.
    The Hero Classes, Death Knight and Demon Hunter, got the special starting experience as a way to explain/ justify why they started at a much higher level than a normal character...because they're already "heroes." Death Knights still do, unless you're an Allied Race.

Allied Races start at level 20 because...honestly not sure, but I guess it's because everyone from these allied races is presumably already somewhat experienced rather than a noob like other level 1 characters.