Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    No wrathion -> no warlords -> no gul'dan -> no legion (at least not as soon) -> Varian would still be alive.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    It’s not OOC for Anduin to be angry, even enraged. It IS OOC for him to actually lead with slugging someone.
    War can change people.

It's like you all forgot to read The "War crimes" novel.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    War can change people.
    Be that as it may, they were clearly using that to illustrate N’zoth’s influence.

Anduin is such a spineless wimp. Should've killed that bastard right there. But fuck no, Alliance characters are only allowed to be suckers!

I had no idea Wrathion freed Garrosh. It's fine to put lore in books outside the game, but then to hinge a major in-game moment on something ONLY someone who read the books would know is pretty crappy.

My reaction to the cutscene setting up the end of the entire expansion was confusion, and everybody who didn't read the books felt the same way.

And wait, even then, Varian was killed by demons in the Legion intro. So how does Wrathion freeing Garrosh get Varian killed? By starting the entire crappy WoD expansion which ultimately led to alternate Gul'dan coming to current-day Azeroth and starting the burning legion invasion? And Anduin chose to blame him for his father's death after that incredibly long series of events? Even if you know the lore from the book it just doesn't make any sense.

Poor form, Blizzard. Do better.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-01-15 at 08:57 PM.

Wrathion's ingenious plan to help Kairoz create the Time Stone thingamajig to defeat the Burning Legion invasion backfired so fantastically that it CAUSED THE INVASION OF THE BURNING LEGION.

I'd punch him too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I had no idea Wrathion freed Garrosh. It's fine to put lore in books outside the game, but then to hinge a major in-game moment on something ONLY someone who read the books would know is pretty crappy.
    Pretty sure Kairoz the bronze dragon freed Garrosh, Wrathion was there on the Timeless Isle with him helping build the time macguffin.

edit: Nope, it was both.

"Eventually, Wrathion revealed himself to be working with Kairozdormu and the Infinite dragonflight to free Garrosh and send him back in time to the Draenor of thirty-five years ago. After incapacitating the Chu brothers so he could lock up Chromie for investigating Kairoz, Wrathion was confronted by Anduin, who attempted to deter his friend from freeing the captured warchief. Proclaiming that as the last of the Black Dragonflight, the protection of Azeroth now falls to him, Wrathion knocked Anduin out and took his leave. Despite his actions, Wrathion believed this would be best for Azeroth in the coming conflict with the Legion, and maintained hope that Anduin would eventually understand his motives and even stand with him as a brother when the time comes."

-Wowpedia, summarizing War Crimes. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wrathion
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-01-16 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

While Wraithon was important to setting up the chain of events he was quite far removed. If you trace it back again Thrall is arguably to blame since he placed Garrosh in charge.

Also i really hope we weren't literally meant to take it that Nzoth made Andiun punch Warthion, as opposed to a symbol about acting out of character, because otherwise Nzoth has a few low bar for mind games.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-01-16 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Wrathion was responsible for WoD.

........ we should all be punching him
    We're going to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Sending Garrosh to AU Draenor kind of lead to the Legion's invasion.

It's a shaky connection at best, since it wasn't his intention and his actions did not directly lead there.
    Khadgar did that though. We could have just killed him in Draenor when he was captured by the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Khadgar did that though. We could have just killed him in Draenor when he was captured by the Iron Horde.
    Khadgar wasnt there when you released him. Its all on you.

Quote Originally Posted by pharma View Post
    Wrathion is to blame for the sequence of events since Warlords of Draenor till Varian dying on the Broken Shore. (releasing Garrosh at end of MoP and triggering WoD and consequentially Legion)
    What a load of bullshit, that's really stretching things.

Let's go even further back and blame Varian for his own death because he started the faction war in Wrath that lead to Garrosh becoming Warchief and which lead to all the rest.

Varian was a moron. Wrathion is not to blame for this. Hell, Garrosh should've won in Siege of Orgrimmar and none of Legion and Old God bullshit would've happened either. Blame Vol'jin and Varian.

This sort of logic is retarded and Anduin punching Wrathion seems out of character for a pacifist. This is the character that can forgive anyone, it's shown time and again, but now suddenly he is stretching things in order to punch someone. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    Been wondering this myself. Linking Wrathion to Varian's death would be like blaming the residents of Goldshire for the Burning Legion.
    Trust me, from what little i know about that kind of writing - It's sadly shipping drama 101. The Punch 'wasn't really' about his dad... it's going to turnout to be somesuch nonsense about Anduin projecting his frustrated feelings of being betrayed because they were besties back in Pandaria. >_<

While I don't think Blizz is going to ever go full-bore with it, but I am betting they're going to tease that shipping nonsense between them, with this being the start of it - and by 1 year into the next expansion, Andy/Wrathy will be really quesitoningly close to each. >_<

Don't believe me? Ask yourself why captain peacemaker, whom is 250% about peace between the horde/alliance, and has done everything about "high roads" - chooses to punch Wrathion out of the blue in a clearly diplomatic situation and setting? ;P

You could answer that as "It could just be Bad Writing", and my response would be "exactly! Shipping! ;P"
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-16 at 08:22 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    This sort of logic is retarded and Anduin punching Wrathion seems out of character for a pacifist. This is the character that can forgive anyone, it's shown time and again, but now suddenly he is stretching things in order to punch someone. It makes no sense.
    It's out of character because N'zoth is exerting his influence on Anduin. Which is the point the cinematic is making.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post

Remind me why Anduin punched Wrathian. Okey, Varian died, but how is this linked to Wrathian?

okey guys, thanks for the answers, no need for more replies!
    Wrathion helped Garrosh escape who caused the events of WoD which enabled AU Gul'dan to come to our world to let the Legion in. Though it's also hinted that N'zoth was already there heightening emotions and causing people to act out. Like when Rommath and Aethas get into a screaming punching fit after being exposed to sha.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Because none of the characters in this game are written with believable personnalities. Punching someone like that is not something people do, real life or video game it doesn't matter, it's not believable, it's taken from bad TV, we've all seen this before.

Wanting to punch someone just once is just not something that exists. You either want to fight for real and someone breaks it off (which is what should have happened there) or you talk it out. The half measure is not a real thing. Punching someone once and then being chill? Come on, it's ridiculous.
    I can name a dozen people I'd love to clock with all my strength just once. It is very much a real thing.

Only reason I don't is because assault charges are a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What a load of bullshit, that's really stretching things.

Let's go even further back and blame Varian for his own death because he started the faction war in Wrath that lead to Garrosh becoming Warchief and which lead to all the rest.

Varian was a moron. Wrathion is not to blame for this. Hell, Garrosh should've won in Siege of Orgrimmar and none of Legion and Old God bullshit would've happened either. Blame Vol'jin and Varian.

I can't help but wonder if you even watched it. Everything about Anduin in the entire cinematic from the punch, to the whining about Magni and Shaw, to the flare of his temper was to show that N'Zoth is already infecting everyone, Anduin included. Expect to see many characters making questionable choices in the near future.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2020-01-16 at 11:03 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    That stretching is still so far-fetched. Wrathion is as responsible for Varian's death as Terenas is responsible for the Burning of Teldrassil.
    Doesn't seem far-fetched to me. Wrathions plan was to fuck with the timeline and bring an army of pissed off orcs into Azeroth, so they could conquer it and provide a powerful army against the impending Legion attack. That alone should give everyone a free "punch this guy in the face" ticket. He was directly plotting against Horde and Alliance (by trying to get an AU army to conquer both of those factions), his original plan involved having the guy who he wants to advice (Anduin) most likely killed during a siege or something.

But let's not forget that guy specifically chose the one point in Orcish history when they were being targeted by the BURNING LEGION. You know, the force he was trying to stop? It doesn't seem to be a stretch to think that he did stirr the hornets nest and pretty much caused the Legion to redirect its efforts back towards Azeroth.

This fucking guy, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Doesn't seem far-fetched to me. Wrathions plan was to fuck with the timeline and bring an army of pissed off orcs into Azeroth, so they could conquer it and provide a powerful army against the impending Legion attack. That alone should give everyone a free "punch this guy in the face" ticket. He was directly plotting against Horde and Alliance (by trying to get an AU army to conquer both of those factions), his original plan involved having the guy who he wants to advice (Anduin) most likely killed during a siege or something.

But let's not forget that guy specifically chose the one point in Orcish history when they were being targeted by the BURNING LEGION. You know, the force he was trying to stop? It doesn't seem to be a stretch to think that he did stirr the hornets nest and pretty much caused the Legion to redirect its efforts back towards Azeroth.

This fucking guy, seriously.
    Then it's the Titans' fault. If the Titans never gave a shit about Deathwing, he would have never created Wrathion, and Wrathion would have never pulled that BS.

See the problem with this logic? At what point do we stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    At what point do we stop?
    Preferably before Void Elves became a thing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I can name a dozen people I'd love to clock with all my strength just once. It is very much a real thing.

Only reason I don't is because assault charges are a thing.
    There's many reasons why we don't, and this is what makes our judgment not do it. The reason why we never see people getting punched just once is because the amount of hatred necessary to make us not give a shit about all the consequences is also more than enough to make us not stop at one punch. It's just an extremely unrealistic action that makes this scene lose credibility (among with many other scenes that have characters do very caricaturesque behaviour).