Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I'm so confused by this post.

    You say you only want to raid to clear the bosses, so LFR or even normal with 15 people is perfect for you. In fact it was basically designed for you. If someone wants a bit of a challenge they can do heroic, and if they really want to push themselves and their guild they get to do mythic. But if you're only in it to kill a boss then I haven't the slightest idea what you're complaining about.

    Scaling raids are literally the best thing Blizzard has released. It gives everyone an option to experience the content however they want. Casual that plays 3 hours a week? LFR is fine. Have a guild of casuals that play less than 10 hours a week? Do normal, if you guys get good at it you can even jump into heroic if you want. Enjoy difficult content and want to get the best loot? Hop into mythic raids and experience the full boss fights.

    Nobody loses with the system they have in place now, except apparently people who don't understand it.

  2. #22
    ITT: Shitty WoW player is crying because he can't see all the content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm so confused by this post.

    You say you only want to raid to clear the bosses, so LFR or even normal with 15 people is perfect for you. In fact it was basically designed for you. If someone wants a bit of a challenge they can do heroic, and if they really want to push themselves and their guild they get to do mythic. But if you're only in it to kill a boss then I haven't the slightest idea what you're complaining about.

    Scaling raids are literally the best thing Blizzard has released. It gives everyone an option to experience the content however they want. Casual that plays 3 hours a week? LFR is fine. Have a guild of casuals that play less than 10 hours a week? Do normal, if you guys get good at it you can even jump into heroic if you want. Enjoy difficult content and want to get the best loot? Hop into mythic raids and experience the full boss fights.

    Nobody loses with the system they have in place now, except apparently people who don't understand it.
    He's crying because he wants to also see all the mechanics and special things that come with high difficulties without having the skill or putting the effort into it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm so confused by this post.

    You say you only want to raid to clear the bosses, so LFR or even normal with 15 people is perfect for you. In fact it was basically designed for you.
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

    I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.

    And Blizzard seem to think just because LFR is "popular" it's fun? It's not. It's just not hard at all and when you finally beat LFR it just feels like "finally". No excitement what so ever.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

    I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.

    And Blizzard seem to think just because LFR is "popular" it's fun? It's not. It's just not hard at all and when you finally beat LFR it just feels like "finally". No excitement what so ever.
    So... you just want WoW to be a single player game?

  5. #25
    High Overlord Temna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    158
    So...dont do lfr and join a guild for normal or heroic fun times?

  6. #26
    Then do them once on whatever difficulty you can and wait for the next content release. Problem solved

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

    My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

    Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

    This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

    People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

    Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

    Shadowlands, same stupid scaling systems.

    How exactly is it fun to do the same boss fight again with higher HP/DPS?

    EDIT:
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.

    What we need is some raids being easy (early ones) and some being hard (last raid of the expansion). Then guilds can get stuck at whatever skill level they are at. It's completely OK that Method beats the early raids in a week.
    So lesser skilled guilds are supposed to do the same starting raid, over and over again, for 2 years, without ever progressing anywhere, and no new content should be designed for them?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Most people don't care if there is multiple or 1 difficulty. They don't think further than "Am I having fun?". That's the extent of their logic. They don't say "I only have fun if we have 4 difficulties and unlimited dungeon scaling", do they?

    And I think more people would say they are having fun if the dungeon and raid system was "I do this so I can beat this next boss".
    That's your opinion. Blizz obviously believe otherwise.

  9. #29
    Oooh oooh the Im only an anti social dickwad in wow because Blizzard doesnt force people to not be an anti social dickwad posters....oh these are my favorite!

  10. #30
    The only thing I enjoy in endgame of WOW is M+ because of the challange without having to sacrifice hours in raiding.

    What I'm not happy with is that I'm chasing the exact same items that I had in the first season, just with increased ilvl. I personally wish to see something changed in that regard to dungeon loot tables, but I don't know if it's worth it since I believe I might be part of a minority.

  11. #31
    Brewmaster CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

    My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

    Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

    This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

    People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

    Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

    Shadowlands, same stupid scaling systems.

    How exactly is it fun to do the same boss fight again with higher HP/DPS?

    EDIT:
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.

    What we need is some raids being easy (early ones) and some being hard (last raid of the expansion). Then guilds can get stuck at whatever skill level they are at. It's completely OK that Method beats the early raids in a week.
    You're not forced to do it multiple times. You can do like you did before: do it on normal once and then quit the game.

    Also your entire post being nothing more than a very individual opinion and phrasing everything as if you had the universal truth about fun... please, take a fucking walk, son.
    Cure cancer, delete factions.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

    I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.
    Please increase the taxes!~ I could have been a CEO, but I'm just an unemployed dude eating grass outside my parent's house... Because my government did not force me to work. ;[

    P.S. Ooppss, taxes do not even make any sense when you earn 0.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-01-15 at 06:49 PM.

  13. #33
    Noone at blizzard cares what we do or not do. As long Ion Hazzikostas has his mythic dungeons and raids.

  14. #34
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

    My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

    Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

    This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

    People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

    Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

    Shadowlands, same stupid scaling systems.

    How exactly is it fun to do the same boss fight again with higher HP/DPS?

    EDIT:
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.

    What we need is some raids being easy (early ones) and some being hard (last raid of the expansion). Then guilds can get stuck at whatever skill level they are at. It's completely OK that Method beats the early raids in a week.
    You got outvoted. You know why Vanilla and BC had no scaling and then for the decade+ after that there has been scaling? Because that's what the playerbase wanted. You can be disillusioned all you want, but it rubbed a lot of players and Blizzard the RIGHT way. They spent all of Vanilla and all of BC trying to get people into raiding and the only thing that ever worked was 10-man easy mode versions of raids in Wrath. They played with it a bit for Wrath/Cata but by late MoP they found what worked best for the playerbase: LFR for the casuals that keep this game running, Normal for people that like to PUG, Heroic for the more dedicated pugger / casual guild, and Mythic for the 5% of us that want to actually run it.

    I can honestly tell you that players having an easier difficulty setting with inferior loot has never taken anything away from raiding for me. Just having hard raids would be fine with me, but like I said I'm 5% of the playerbase tops, maybe as high as 7% on completely undertuned tiers. If you don't cater to the casuals the game will die quite frankly. Look at Classic, we're like 6 months into it and the population has plummeted into the ground like a fucking lawn dart and I say that as someone who plays and enjoys Classic. Obviously not enough people feel like you do to keep that game going strong @MiiiMiii

    Dark Souls is a poor example, for one each entry in the series has sold less copies total than WoW has gained or lost in single quarters, but also because even with it's difficulty it's not really comparable to the time investment required in an MMO.

    They tried the whole early raids = easy, later raids = hard thing, and the only thing that it accomplished was that it was wasted dev time because the amount of people that ever saw a raid after the first tier was in the single digit percentages, and the percentage of people that ever saw the last raid was even smaller. Horrible business decision, horrible waste of dev time to develop entire raids that almost nobody will ever see, and I say that as someone who would see them.

    So to sum that up: Catering to you or me is quite simply a bad business decision and a horrible waste of dev time.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun.
    M+ is the most funny thing I have seen since Legion started.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

    I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.
    You want Blizz to force you to play at a harder difficulty because you are unwilling to do so when choices for easy play exist? Is that seriously what you are trying to say there? That's not a game design problem, that's a personal willpower problem.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.
    And scaling affects you how? The normal/easy modes are still there. If you just want to beat them once, that option never went away. Without scaling, people will beat it and quit. What exactly is wrong with a difficulty slider for those who want to push themselves?

    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

    I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.

    And Blizzard seem to think just because LFR is "popular" it's fun? It's not. It's just not hard at all and when you finally beat LFR it just feels like "finally". No excitement what so ever.
    Oddly enough, LFR is there for people like you. See the content once and bounce. There is no wrong way to play the game but most people do the raids repeatedly so the difficulty levels offer a higher ceiling.
    Last edited by kail; 2020-01-15 at 07:06 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,789
    If you want to do mythic then do it. Stop doing LFR and do the harder stuff. Stop being a baby.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    That's not what he's saying. Read again.
    You obviously dont understand what you're replying to either.

    And that is actually what he is saying. He said there is no point is a harder difficulty.

    @ the OP: LOL @ LFR and done

    Many people enjoy the challenge. Each difficulty adds something more and new, so each raid tier is different.

    Beating the easiest content and feeling like its good enough, is like waking up in the morning and expecting a reward.

    But whatever floats your boat. you do you.

  20. #40
    I don't get what you're complaining about. Are you complaining about the game structure - that you have to do something over and over (even without scaling)? Or are you complaining that you have to do something over and over but it's increasingly harder?
    Cause you can still do stuff ONCE and stop.
    Look, maybe you're looking for a single player game, not an MMO with repeating content. In a single player RPG you usually get a great one time story. In this type of MMO the fun comes from playing with other people (or against other people) - and for that overcoming harder challenges with them is what makes it fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •