Does playing a different class still excite you?

Does it? For me, it use to be fun to actually switch to another class because the playstyle was fun enough to want to try something different, but this changed for me in BFA, I thought the updated systems to Azerite might do it, but i played 8.2 with for mains averaging 445 gear and I must say playing different races and aesthetic changes was for the first time the bigger motivation.

I ususally have many more toons at max level, but this time round, they just weren't as exciting and feeling very samey - shallow classes with lack of individualism in most of the Azerite mechanics is what I reckon.

Anyway, long and short, is that playing a different class does almost noting for me now, and it's a shame, I use to be excited to try something else.

I "forced" myself to learn the basics of every spec in Legion to finish 36/36 Mage tower. I quite enjoyed the challenges, but I did significantly overgear most of them. It did however remind me just how little I enjoy the healing role in general, and how poorly I deal with the responsibility of tanking and properly managing DR cds.

Nowadays I gain more satisfaction from expanding my various collections than I do challenging myself. I still enjoy raiding a lot with the right group of people, but I no longer pug raids and I don't do Mythic raids during the appropriate expansion. I was actually enjoying myself as I leveled one of each class to 120 prior to patch 8.2, but with the introduction of essences that will seemingly never be account wide, I immediately lost any interest in playing alts.

Having one character at max level dedicated to each spec worked well for me in Legion. Now I sit with 39 going on 40 characters at level 120 and I've absolutely no desire to play most of them at max level since I refuse to grind essences again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The only way you could really change class would be to start a new class from scratch then pay for a level 100 boost. That or start a Death Knight who start at level 55 or a Demon hunter who starts at level 100.

Dont be tempted to pay a levelling service as your almost certain to be hacked later or even a levelling not because you’re as good as banned if you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have every class at max level. A couple duplicates. Leveling my second mage (mechagnome) now. I love the preraid gearing portion of a toons life, as well as using them for profession mules. I play everything so i can have at least a working knowledge of any of them, as i am often recruiting new players to the game.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I only play healer and recently tried MW for the first time - it's now my favourite healing playstyle. Offers a completely differet experience to the Rshaman and Hpriest I've been maining on and off in Legion and BFA.

Thinking of trying out a Holy pala, haven't played it since Wrath. Maybe I should level a Zandalari Paladin.

You mean playing another spec, classes don't exist anymore.

They all feel the same. Combat has become mind-numbingly simple and boring.

Depends on the class. Learning them can be interesting, but once (if) you realize the gameplay just isn't your bag, well.

Classes feel not really distinct nowadays. A shadow priest is just a damage dealer, as like a BM hunter. Without anything that makes him special.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I have every class at max level. A couple duplicates. Leveling my second mage (mechagnome) now. I love the preraid gearing portion of a toons life, as well as using them for profession mules. I play everything so i can have at least a working knowledge of any of them, as i am often recruiting new players to the game.
    Profession mule has been another incentive, but as raiding stopped being important, it's less satisfying, when i do go into it, i tend to go all the way, but keep finding reasons why it's not worth the effort, especially if I am not enjoying the changes as I used to.

I wish i could have more toons to master the playstyles and know them all inside out, but when i think of the time consumption, and then my main keeps calling out to do content, ti's hard to then switch to a toon, and reg-rind everything.

- - - Updated - - -

For me the fantasy of the race -class was a serious factor, it really felt like stepping into the lore of the race and owning it, then doing cool things becuase you just liked the vibe and the fantasy of the character, but the gameplay needed to be fun for this to matter.

To this day, I'm still very picky about what race I pick for the class. But becuase of gamepay, it use to be Class first, then race, sometiems choosing only to stick to one race for a spec. But as gameplay dropped, it started becoming race first then class to fit that race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can never play a priest, I got traumatized by them back vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Profession mule has been another incentive, but as raiding stopped being important, it's less satisfying, when i do go into it, i tend to go all the way, but keep finding reasons why it's not worth the effort, especially if I am not enjoying the changes as I used to.

I wish i could have more toons to master the playstyles and know them all inside out, but when i think of the time consumption, and then my main keeps calling out to do content, ti's hard to then switch to a toon, and reg-rind everything.

- - - Updated - - -

For me the fantasy of the race -class was a serious factor, it really felt like stepping into the lore of the race and owning it, then doing cool things becuase you just liked the vibe and the fantasy of the character, but the gameplay needed to be fun for this to matter.

To this day, I'm still very picky about what race I pick for the class. But becuase of gamepay, it use to be Class first, then race, sometiems choosing only to stick to one race for a spec. But as gameplay dropped, it started becoming race first then class to fit that race.
    I have Alch on over half my "fleet" of alts. I just do basic transmutes daily and thats it.

As for the class/race, my alts are all based on favorite per class, and then all the Alliance allied races mixed in. My present main is my 2nd Warrior, my first is an Orc Warrior at 120, and this one is a KT Warrior. I like them but i was really waiting for Robits, and i am leveling a Mage (not my favorite class by far, but did not have an ally one) to get heritage then gonna switch what i feel my main should be to the Robit.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.