Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The High (Blood) Elves were from the best of the Highborne!

Without a doubt, and their journey has proven this too. But let's look at some things observable in the lore about their highborne ancestors.

Their Ancestors
    1. They were palace highborne - this means they were amongst the most elite of the Empire. The highest of the nobility normally surround the Monarch.
    2. They did the right thing and rebelled against the Queen's mad alliance and joined the right side fighting her.
    3. They called Malfurion, Cenarius and the Druids out on their b/s, 3,000 years was enough time to mourn and sulk over the mistakes of the sundering, they were not only right that itw as time to look to building a future, but that ways could be found to use the arcane without summoning the legion - thus rendering the Long Vigil's ban pointless, it would take the rest of that kaldorei group 7,000 years to realise this.

Their History & Achievements

Highborne they may no longer be, but as descendants they have exceeded tehir forbearers. Don't be blinded of this because Quel'thalas wasn't as "great" or "advanced" as the pre-sundering civilization.

1. It was nowhere near as corrupt or addicted.Addiction happened over time, but nothing like the night elf scale that we see with the Nightborne and Shen'dralar. [My personal opinion, if they hadn't lost their kaldorei enhancements, they would not have gotten addicted - I can explain my theory if you want]

2. Despite losing kaldorei enhancements (a devolution of sorts) with reduced capacity, longevity, intelligence, stature - not only did they manage to enhance themselves with the Sunwell, but they built a Utopic civilization, with much better standards. While their counterparts just hid in cities drinking away their problems with mana (Shen'dralar), getting lost in a time bubble (Nightborne), just doing nothing else but their duty when they could do so much more (Darnassians).

3. The high elves also continued to protect their world, but also advancing themselves and their civilization, they gave their race and their people a future, and made choices to protect, safeguard the world even when it was costly. They may not be the best but they had a lot less than their kaldorei ancestors and did much more with it than they did.

The Other Highborne - The Greatest of the Highborne

Face it, they were better than these too.

1. Naga - palace stock like the high elves but became twisted into aberrations, and did not succeed in accomplishing anything. All their attacks are thwarted and failed, and their Queen's best laid plan to survive and rule the world, ruined, as only a minor note in the events of Azeroth
    2. Satyrs - also initially from the palace, even though their increased numbers came from subverting other kaldorei, yet they became little more than cunning beasts, only caring about power and magic - no developments, advancements only spreading misery and corruption, lost their war and all their attempts get beaten.
    3. Shen'dralar - were the Queen's most revered arcanists - so it's hard to place them in relation to the palace highborne, they may have been her secret genius squad she hides from her competitors, which granted, makes them quite capable, but what did they do? They instead of choosing to confront the devastation and at least function as an alternative path for night elves than that on offer in Hyjal, instead hid for 10,000 years, growing a measure of ineptitude such that their city falls into ruin.. all they had to do was maintain a city, not a kingdom, they had no threats like Troll war bands and were absent from the first 3 major wars.. instead they were high on juice just studying.. they may be the most genius and intellectual of the highborne, but they are certainly not the best.
    4. Nightborne - Elisande's group: Now not all nightborne are highborne, if you didn't know that, you now do. The highborne were Elisande's group and ofc the highest of nobility in the city: They were in charge of artifacts, procurement, storage and harnessing. AS important a task as this is, this is hardly the highest pedigree, so no they are not on the same level as the Palace highborne nor the Shen'dralar. what do they achieve? They, cower in fear in a bubble, and even when their city is facing starvation and dwindling resources, they're too chicken to lower the shield to verify wehther their assessment was correct. Instead they further abuse their magic going so much so to start ingesting it to solve the food shortages.. as fancy and advanced the techniques must be, surely even you can see how silly and extreme this is just to avoid facing reality. But then, what did they do in the War of the Ancients, rather than seek to save their kin and the world in a all or nothing strike against Queen Azshara, they instead used their new power to shield up.. then 10k years later, accept an ultimatum from the most evil force in the universe that was responsible for the isolation they've endured. Fortunatley for us, Thalyssra shows us that they at least have some fight and decency. Their progress under the shield was snail paced. Don't wow over Suramar, most of what's in Suramar was around 10k years ago (yes, the Kaldorei were that advanced), but once the empire fell, every single group of them except for Darth'remar's highborne have been disappointing. With fear, regret, shame, complacency dominating them instead of moving forward.
    5. The Farondis Highborne: Well, they're all dead or unliving (still not sure here), we don't know what they would have become. But we know that they were a full highborne community like the Shen'dralar and the High elven ancestors. They were the forefront of magical research through their famous academy (I like to think of the Shen'dralar as the magical development premiers, likely graduates from Nar'thalas now working as the Empire's best developers and private researchers), but the Farondis would have been the world renowned academics. They also were very noble, they rebelled against the QUeen immediately they realised what was happening, were brave enough to stand up against her, and even 10k years on as ghosts showed the same character and brilliance. However they're not alive, and their state has presented them from achieving anything. They may have been imo, the best of the highborne, but they are no more existing as pale shadows of themselves-- literally, or at least severely handicapped from having a genuine future by being unliving. They don't really count.

My Conclusion:
    If you've read all of this, you should probably conclude that not only were they from the best of the highborne, but they are the best of the elves. The night elves have greater capability naturally, this is what the lore shows, but with less, the High/blood elves have done much more. But how can the weaker species be greater? Well it's a trend in wow, just look at the Vrykul and humans. Having the better stats on paper , or the better start doesn't make you the grater or better. It's what you choose to do with what you have. Let that be a lesson to all. Stop looking at what you don't have, or what others have, make better choices with what you have, you will be measured up against what you did with what you have.

Yes, I like the night elves, yes they have other good qualities I like to talk about, no I don't think they are as amazing as you may have thought I did, haven't felt htat way about them for a long time, you were just likely taking my defsne of them and their positive attributes as some sort of proof that I thought they were super amazing. You also likely mistook my admiration for their lore, aesthetics, assets and fantasy to mean that I think they are untouchable and should be the best, you didn't give me the benefit of the doubt to think for a moment my plaudits were based on the description of them I was given and was trying to make a case for how they should have been portrayed in Warcraft and didn't for a moment think that I actually fully took on board their weaknesses and shame. You just wanted an excuse to bash somebody painting a good light on a group you didn't like, rather than accepting the facts about them, but also recognising that the blood elves you liked were better for what the lore shows them as having done.

You don't need to be the most magically enhanced naturally or advanced civilization to be the best. And you could easily have been amazing once before but failure, shame, circumstances have taken a dent out of your initial drive. It doesn't mean others can't celebrate your greatness and hope for a return, nor does it mean that such don't see you aren't actually where you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Thalassians are the best. This is known. Anar'alah belore!

And then a group of them even went as far as being the first mortals to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. You can't go farther than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    But they look like little children
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

you know, i never hated elves in WoW before. i still don't.

but seeing threads like this, with the usual elf-obsessed posters non-stop with stuff like this... it makes me reconsider.

"If you want to play a blue eyed blond elf, the horde is there waiting for you." - Ion fuzzykoalas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post

but seeing threads like this, with the usual elf-obsessed posters non-stop with stuff like this... it makes me reconsider.
    "This has been another headcanon circle-jerk brought to you by Ravenmoon."

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post

Why should another fantacism, obsession or fetish determine what you like or do not like.. surely the merits are in the object of your desire and aren't based on others' opinions or fascinations.

But then this might not be the forum category for you if such topics disgust you. I have tried making similar topics on othe rraces, believe me, only the elf ones get interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    "This has been another headcanon circle-jerk brought to you by Ravenmoon."
    THe entire project is someone's headcanon that you are circle-jerking too.. and? Lighten up, it's just warcraft enjoy talking about the things you like.

We don't need to also get ostracised on here for liking video games like wow, do we?

10+ Year Old Account
    People wouldn’t react to your threads so strongly, Ravenmoon, if you weren’t consistently posting elf threads multiple times a week, some of which could be merged into similar threads instead of creating new topics.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    And then a group of them even went as far as being the first mortals to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. You can't go farther than that.
    Laughs in Forsaken.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    People wouldn’t react to your threads so strongly, Ravenmoon, if you weren’t consistently posting elf threads multiple times a week, some of which could be merged into similar threads instead of creating new topics.
    Oh, someone would over something regardless of what I post, i'm just controversial, either that or some individuals or overly critical. It would appear my posting gives them something else to criticise. But all you need to do is search my recent posts and find out how many are actually about elves or if this post can be merged with a similar thread that's not a necro?

Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    The problem is....?

If he's passioate about a certain topic, let him talk about what he loves. That's what forums are for.

But they also almost lose against troll magic.., had to teach humans their magic to survive who later created a kingdom that was not hiding their magic use from the burning legion at all.
    And finally, they only helped in the second war after they were directly affected by the horde and when the undead plague started they did not care about their human allies at all.... and in the end wrecked themselves with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    But they also almost lose against troll magic.., had to teach humans their magic to survive who later created a kingdom that was not hiding their magic use from the burning legion at all.
    And finally, they only helped in the second war after they were directly affected by the horde and when the undead plague started they did not care about their human allies at all.... and in the end wrecked themselves with that.
    Still it was better than doing nothing to advance themselves or make a future for their kind. Immortality is no excuse, because the pre-sundering kaldorei were immortal and still made great advancements. And their highborne ancestors planned to start rebuilding when they were immortals.

What the Darnassians did was hard enough as it is, but the Thalassians simply did better, and did so with less available to use... but the metric here is not the kaldorei lowborne, but the other highborne also members of the same caste this race descends from. You see the Thalassians do much better than the Shen'dralar and the Nightborne elites. Doesn't matter how incredibly clever or inventive you are (shen'dralar) or how amazing your city is and the level of advancement you are at (nightborne), if you sit, hide and cower - that's terrible. If you think about it, the shen'dralar made no known progress, and the level of arcane advancements the nightborne have to be proud of were made as kaldorei. Their time as nightborne has just been stagnating under the shield with very minor arcane advancements although they made a lot of chronomancy advancements. Gul'dan is the first time they've ever been tested and they needed everybodies help, with a lot of them siding with the demons - and this is with a font as powerful as the nightwell. Just used for shielding and sucking mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The problem is....?

If he's passioate about a certain topic, let him talk about what he loves. That's what forums are for.
    Yea atleast he doesnt take it to 11 like you do with asspullelves
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yea atleast he doesnt take it to 11 like you do with asspullelves
    Just a little correction, they weren't an asspull. I know it's popular to use that term nowadays, but context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "If you want to play a blue eyed blond elf, the horde is there waiting for you." - Ion fuzzykoalas.
    But if you want to play a night elf with a more normal musculature and cool facial runes, the Horde is also waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    But if you want to play a night elf with a more normal musculature and cool facial runes, the Horde is also waiting for you.
    But if you want to play a degenerate tentacle elf race with no lore besides the ham fisted questline that introduced them/created them then the alliance is there waiting for you.

Edit: forgot to say "lead by the auspicious leader Alleria and the *insert big word here* Master Umbric.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-15 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Still it was better than doing nothing to advance themselves or make a future for their kind. Immortality is no excuse, because the pre-sundering kaldorei were immortal and still made great advancements. And their highborne ancestors planned to start rebuilding when they were immortals.

What the Darnassians did was hard enough as it is, but the Thalassians simply did better, and did so with less available to use... but the metric here is not the kaldorei lowborne, but the other highborne also members of the same caste this race descends from. You see the Thalassians do much better than the Shen'dralar and the Nightborne elites. Doesn't matter how incredibly clever or inventive you are (shen'dralar) or how amazing your city is and the level of advancement you are at (nightborne), if you sit, hide and cower - that's terrible. If you think about it, the shen'dralar made no known progress, and the level of arcane advancements the nightborne have to be proud of were made as kaldorei. Their time as nightborne has just been stagnating under the shield with very minor arcane advancements although they made a lot of chronomancy advancements. Gul'dan is the first time they've ever been tested and they needed everybodies help, with a lot of them siding with the demons - and this is with a font as powerful as the nightwell. Just used for shielding and sucking mana.
    But Highelf did the same thing, when they had no shield, humans had to help them (external help). When they had the shield they sat behind it while they were attack, both when the orcs where there and later again when the scourge arrived they tried that too but failed because they were betrayed from one of their own kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    who cares? who is best is completely subjective, another pointless elf thread, can you at least chose a day, like every friday to post those things instead of one every single day ?