In these dark times the free world needs a Sheridan!

With the fall of Russia, the rise of China, and growing authoritarianism in the Western world we need a person preferably of a military and diplomatic background who is willing to band together freedom loving people worldwide to fight this darkness!

Or would viewing things as an epic battle of good vs evil make things even more problematic?

Do we need freedom loving people everywhere to work together?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you're right, but good luck getting numbskulls to realize that and actually work together.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who or what Sheridan is?

Is it perhaps too much to ask that we not get our guidance on politics from say, Sci-Fi novels or TV shows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Dark Times, parents show really consider stronger passwords for Parental Controls on the household internet.

Lest their children wander onto MMOC unsupervised.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Well, considering the sad fact that the GOP's dumbing down of America has been fully realized with our current idot-in-chief...fantasy and sci-fi examples does come across as "reasonable" options these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that while well-intentioned, many of these sorts of people function under an explicitly authoritarian system. "Do what I say because if you don't then the bad guys win and things will be worse." The military-command structure that Americans enjoy jacking off to as "freedom saving" is not a system of freedom preservation. The trick is always getting the military leaders who enjoy a position of power and prestige to give up that power to people who may not understand or even be capable of wielding it, but trusting that they will eventually get the hang of making decisions for themselves.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'd argue that a Lelouche would be more useful than a Sheridan.

Its more helpful to society to have a singular person to hate, than it is to have someone to obey.

Without the Shadows, there would be no Sheridan.

Sinclair was better.

I really can't figure OP out. He writes like an autistic teenager, seems mostly obsessed with Scifi, seems to have generally good intentions, but sometimes references media that nobody under the age of 30 would realistically know.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I mean in the real world, the sort of people who acquire absolute power are neither idealists nor nice people. It would be great if they were, but struggles for power are not a "Nice guy wins" scenario. Typically the person who is willing to kill, cheat, steal, and lie his way to the top has a massive advantage over people that play nice.

Same reason why drone striking a corrupt head of state isn't going to lead to some enlightened leader rising up from the masses to lead the nation into a golden age. It is going to be another vicious petty tyrant, who happens to be the most ruthless of the contenders.

More like a God Emperor to guide and spread mankind across the stars.

Xenos beware
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    More like a God Emperor to guide and spread mankind across the stars.

Xenos beware
    Then you should know, that your words are heresy, written by the traitor Lorgar Aurelian.
    Last edited by josykay; 2020-01-17 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Then you should know, that your words are heresy, written by the trairor Lorgar Aurelian.
    Thought it would be Erebus there for a second phew hehe

Are you Word Bearers not busy hiding from Corvus Corax btw : )
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-01-17 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Thought it would be Erebus there for a second phew hehe

Are you Word Bearers not busy hiding from Corvus Corax btw : )
    Just because Lorgar was an idiot, and got, despite immense numerical advantage, by his own legion and by his allies, and backstabbing the Ravenguard, himself almost killed by Corax and Curze had to save his sorry ass. He is such a failure of a primarch.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Just because Lorgar was an idiot, and got, despite immense numerical advantage, by his own legion and by his allies, and backstabbing the Ravenguard, himself almost killed by Corax and Curze had to save his sorry ass. He is such a failure of a primarch.
    Hehe yeah last I heard he was still running/hiding from Corax inside the warp, apparently Corax is op as fuck now some kind of daemon shadow/raven thing and he's having fun hunting traitors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't know who or what Sheridan is?

Is it perhaps too much to ask that we not get our guidance on politics from say, Sci-Fi novels or TV shows?
    What, you mean I shouldn't watch some anime, find it extremely profound and deep, and then make connections between the bad guys and liberals?

This is actually some pretty profound advice for a large number of people on this forum!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"