Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    ~1200 over 14 years. Seems fine.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

my wow account is just under 1800 bucks since the beginning of the game started. all im getting out of it is entertainment..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, you can add on the amount I have spent on eBay to purchase rare pets (mostly murloc's from previous Blizzcons), the CE of TBC and some mounts/pets I couldn't be bothered to farm or buy in-game!

I hate to think how much I have spent overall, but at least 3 gaming PC's have been bought to play it (though obviously not just WoW). At a guess, £10k? I could be way out either way though, up or down! Scary though tho...

If we're talking just subscription + expansions for the 2 accounts I've paid for for 15 years, about $6,720 (after tax). That's not including my yearly BlizzCon Ticket/Virtual Ticket purchases or mounts/pets or TCG packs from back in the day. I've also bought a few character boosts since they launched (like 3-4) and bought a few server/faction transfers over the years.

I checked 5 months ago. It was around 1.3k on Blizzard games over a period of 9 years, approximately $1100 on WoW.

It turns out WoW is a really cheap hobby compared to ESO which came at 3.4k in just 20 months. It also proved that i have no self control whatsoever when shinies are constantly being shoved down my throat. Needless to say, i stopped playing ESO immediately after i checked.

Pretty expensive since electricity is not free and neither is buying a computer every few years.

Just electricity alone is higher than the cost of sub + expansions

It has probably saved me thousands upon thousands not buying any other games. And that's exactly why I think this thread is stupid since I bet it's the same for almost everyone else.

At least $5.

Everything sad_thanos.jpg

It's like a comment like this was just...inevitable

on topic: probably less than a smoker pays for burning money during the same period
    Last edited by Enter Name Here; 2020-01-16 at 08:09 AM.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming one has play for 10 years. Averagely 2 hours a day - very casual.

Excluding public holidays and weekends, that is roughly 10 (years) x 250 (working days days) x 2 (hours / day) = 5000 hours.

I don't know how much min wage is in your country, but If you had worked at McDonald, with only $10 / hour , that would be $50,000.

Now, that estimation was very very generous. Many people have played way more. Imagine if you had actually worked for a good career, or learnt a skill, how much have you lost?

This kind of topics is way more fun at gear-forums for DSLR.

Spending 15.000 EUR+ for gear and using it for a few hours per year, would blow up some of the gamer/smartphone minds of this forum.
    Spending money on cars, motorbikes or just road bikes per year/timeframe dwars anything you could ever spend even over 15 years for this MMO.

You basicly need to mutibox for years and years with exotic hardware/internet requirements to even get a cost that would be even significant for any kind of hobby comparison to the usual top 10.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Since vanilla hmm i was counting this once a time and it was around 500$ but it was few years ago. Now its probably twice of it so around 1000$ i think. I used character transfer 2 or 3 times as i remember the rest is just sub and expansions. And tbh its not huge amount of money for fun i got along these years.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-01-16 at 09:46 AM.

something about 3000 euros. (14 years) gametime, expansions, shop, virtual tickets
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-01-16 at 09:57 AM.

Around 1700 euros - includes expansions, collectibles and whatnot. Would have been around double if not for token and a little gold trading before that.

Considering that's for around 12 years, it's around 12 euros per month. That's equal to going to 1 movie so it's basically nothing. Especially considering that when going out for a drink I usually spend around anywhere from 30 to 50.

Now outside of money. Some social life in high school and a bit in the first years of college (eventually dropped hardcore raiding), but even then, when I was a hardcore raider I was playing on the US servers from EU, so raiding from 2-3 AM to 6-7AM.

Approx 2600 GBP, 13 something years playing. Don't consider it wasted bar £120 ish for a year I stayed sub and never logged on
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Several years of my life op

15 years of nonstop subscription. 15x12x13 = 2340
    8 expansions at like 50 bucks each. 8x50 = 400
    I've sold my account a bunch of times and had several accounts going at some times, so it's honestly probably another 400.
    No idea on the exact number, but probably about 20 Realm/Faction transfers. Let's say 10x50 = 500

2340+400+400+500 = 3640€

Back when I was a kid and when the game used to be actually good I'd probably spent like an average 12h per day on the game for like 5 years straight. After WotLk this went down super hard super quickly to the point where I was barely playing at all for like 2 expansions despite still being perma subbed. Playtime went up to like 8ish hours with WoD and Legion again and, for the first time ever, down to fucking 0 with a cancelled subscription in BFA.

Somewhere around 2-3k € I guess. I wasn't subbed all the time as shit like WoD had me quit in a heartbeat.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.