Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Today in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms - January 15

Today in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms - January 15
    Patch 8.3 adds N'Zoth assaults to Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. These new assaults work a little differently than what you would expect and are a very important part of keeping up with patch content. Click the banner below for an in depth guide.

Today in Uldum
    There are several activities taking place in Uldum.

Assault: Amathet

Daily Quests

Pet Battle World Quest
    • Dune Buggy - Defeat Aqir Sandcrawler in a pet battle.
    • Strategy: Unborn Val'kyr [2 2 1] and Ikky [1 1 1]
      • Turn 1: Curse of Doom
      • Turn 2: Haunt
      • Bring in Ikky
      • Turn 3: Black Claw
      • Turn 4: Flock

Bonus Events
    /way 64 30 Ritual of Ascension
    /way 70 60 The Unsealed Tomb
    /way 84 55 Amathet Raiding Fleet
    /way 80 66 Solar Collector
    /way 71 68 Unearthed Keeper
    /way 78 57 Unearthed Keeper

Today in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    There are several events taking place in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Assault: The Black Empire

Vision of N'Zoth Daily Quest (Vision of Darkness)

Daily Quests

Pet Battle World Quest
    • Brain Tickling - Defeat Tormentius in a pet battle.
    • Strategy: Ikky [1 1 1] and Fel Flame [2 2 1]
      • Turn 1: Black Claw
      • Turn 2: Flock
      • Fel Flame is forced into battle
      • Turn 3: Scorched Earth
      • Turn 4: Flame Breath

Bonus Events
    /way 74 40 Abyssal Ritual
    /way 76 51 Infested Jade Statue
    /way 49 67 Void Conduit
    /way 79 33 Void Conduit
    /way 41 45 Consuming Maw
    /way 81 49 Consuming Maw
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-01-16 at 10:10 AM.

Is this a reset from yesterday? or the same?
    I thought assaults were weekly resets?

Are the Assaults up all day, or is it timed assaults for 6 hours like Legion Invasions and Faction Assaults?

If you did the assault yesterday, there is no assault today. And I believe the other assault occurs a couple of days after the first. So Uldum popped yesterday and now Vale will be later this week, currently it's not up.

i was about there are no assaults up today as i'm online now......

Vale is the N'Zoth assault, which is once per week.

Uldum is the minor assault, which will reset at 10 PM EST on Friday for US realms.

If you've done the assaults, there's nothing to do but daily quests, rarespawns, events, and the lesser horrific vision. The only one you should really bother to go out of your way to do is the lesser vision (in Vale this week, as it always is in the zone being assaulted by the Black Empire), as that will give 1000 coalescing visions every day you do it beyond the first.

Unless they've changed something, the gear I got from the Vale assault yesterday was only 425.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Are the Assaults up all day, or is it timed assaults for 6 hours like Legion Invasions and Faction Assaults?
    They are up 24/7 over several days. Minor invasions (currently in Uldum) are 3.5 days while major invasions (Currently in Vale) are the full week (reset to reset).

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    They are up 24/7 over several days. Minor invasions (currently in Uldum) are 3.5 days while major invasions (Currently in Vale) are the full week (reset to reset).
    Ah that's grand -- absolutely hated the 6 hour ones that come at different times, often miss out because of sleep or work. Was an absolutely STUPID system.

This article is almost entirely incorrect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    This. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenzza View Post
    Vale is the N'Zoth assault, which is once per week.

Uldum is the minor assault, which will reset at 10 PM EST on Friday for US realms.

If you've done the assaults, there's nothing to do but daily quests, rarespawns, events, and the lesser horrific vision. The only one you should really bother to go out of your way to do is the lesser vision (in Vale this week, as it always is in the zone being assaulted by the Black Empire), as that will give 1000 coalescing visions every day you do it beyond the first.
    thank you for this! very informative!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are assaults reset daily or weekly? If I completed both assaults yesterday, will there be new ones today or am I done for the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    And yet it seems to match pretty closely what I did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Are assaults reset daily or weekly? If I completed both assaults yesterday, will there be new ones today or am I done for the week?
    I'm wondering this too. Is there a reason to go there outside dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm wondering this too. Is there a reason to go there outside dailies?
    Someone explained this pretty well above, but I will try and help.

- Major Assaults are reset weekly and there is only one per week (in the vale this week). Completing the assault grants 10k coalescing visions. Complete once.

- Minor Assaults are reset TWICE per week (in Uldum currently). Completing the assault grants 5.5k coalescing visions. Complete twice per week (resets Friday night).

- Lesser visions occur in the same area as the major assault (vale this week) and there is a DAILY quest for this vision scenario. The first time you complete the daily per week will grant 2k coalescing visions. After that the daily reward is 1k coalescing visions.

If you are only doing this content to farm Coalescing Visions, which you use for Horrific Vision (Legendary cloak upgrades) then there this there is little reward for doing any additional dailies, rares or treasures. There are however reputation rewards, mounts, etc. which are tied to dailies, rares, etc.
    Last edited by Inrehab; 2020-01-15 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. where are those world bosses? I can't find shit on that..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    So.. where are those world bosses? I can't find shit on that..
    They probably won't start spawning until Ny'alotha opens up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    They probably won't start spawning until Ny'alotha opens up
    Hmkay, spose that makes sense.

Though the Nazjatar ones just spawned the first week iirc but maybe they changed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inrehab View Post
    Someone explained this pretty well above, but I will try and help.

- Major Assaults are reset weekly and there is only one per week (in the vale this week). Completing the assault grants 10k coalescing visions. Complete once.

- Minor Assaults are reset TWICE per week (in Uldum currently). Completing the assault grants 5.5k coalescing visions. Complete twice per week (resets Friday night).

- Lesser visions occur in the same area as the major assault (vale this week) and there is a DAILY quest for this vision scenario. The first time you complete the daily per week will grant 2k coalescing visions. After that the daily reward is 1k coalescing visions.

If you are only doing this content to farm Coalescing Visions, which you use for Horrific Vision (Legendary cloak upgrades) then there this there is little reward for doing any additional dailies, rares or treasures. There are however reputation rewards, mounts, etc. which are tied to dailies, rares, etc.
    Thank you for this. Very helpful!