Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    Is it really gone? I mean I got a corrupted ring the other day 20 ilvl lower than what I was using but it gives 12% mastery. So is that better or not?

Some of these corrupted items seem really strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    the power increase of a 455 piece of gear compared to a 445 is very rarely significant, yes.
    I'd rather say that the argument and a part of why Titanforging is so detrimental is the increasingly accelerated ilvl and power gain over the course of an expansion because Johnny Pleb over there needs an upgrade every 3 days.
    When you get a 1% upgrade every 3 days, comparing where you started to where you ended up after a 2 year span is fucking monumental.

ITT: People who play 430 content being pissed that they're not getting 445 gear from 415 content anymore because they totally need that 450 gear for their 420 content.

Like, you already have gear that allows you to onehit 99% of the content, but sure, you should be able to get the gear for that last 1% as well despite you not ever engaging in said 1%. Makes complete fucking sense. It's like you're being handed a free car and being mad that it's not a free car and a bike despite you not even fucking knowing how to ride a fucking bike.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That thing right here is the problem with people mindset.
    No, it isn't.

Why? Because they put gear as a goal, and it is not healthy for the game to compete over the items
    I'm not advocating that. I'm pointing out that artificial techniques to heighten the wait for BiS- while trying to create an environment where you are always expecting an upgrade, because you wouldn't possibly play without that is almost universally panned. And that it's not been copied by other wowlikes, which haven't fucked their gear up like WoW has.

Your goal should not be gear but to have fun with friends.
    I can do that whilst wearing best in slot gear though. In SWTOR, or FFXIV, or almost anything. Unlike WoW, which seems to have confused itself for Diablo III.

A looter game needs a variety of gear, and an extremely long tail for gear. These games feature enemies that scale up endlessly- I just got an upgrade that makes me deal 10x damage, so now I can set the dungeon several notches higher, which increases my chance of getting even better gear. In that dungeon, the mobs have 10x the health, see, so I needed that upgrade. And this can proceed effectively without end, with smaller and smaller increases still being welcomed. Usually these games go in seasons or something. The gear in these game isn't the goal, it's a tool you need to get to the toughest content achievable (which, again, increases without limit).

In WoW, however, you can just let people get BiS. You're going to release new gear later, so it's ok to let people get perfectly geared in every slot if they play. They can then play alts with the rest of the patch, or even other games. There's no need to scrabble desperately after every minute of a player's time, a player who has friends in game, does top content, and enjoys the game. You don't need to desperately shove your way in front of him and tear off your shirt to get his attention. That player will come back. Really, it's ok. It only looks pathetic when WoW is like "but actually please keep replaying so that the gear drops infinityleven times and on one of the times has the best itemization roll".

To make memories.
    Or to clear hardest content.
    Or to push highest keys.
    FFXIV manages all this without WoW's shit festival of a loot system.

You know where FFXIV learned how to do this? Why, from WoW itself, back before it sucked ass.

Getting rid of x-forging is the longest overdue mea culpa from an otherwise insufferably arrogant dev team.

This is a triumph

and no, ain't nobody gonna miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I expected many weird, pointelss and sometimes stupid threads on this forum... but... honestly i did not expect thread about missing titanforging.
    It is probably the most hated thing in this game in last few years.
    Really, hated by who? As you can see, there are many who liked it, many who are indifferent and many who didnt like it.
    When you circle around same people and ignore others, it is easy to fall in trap thinking everybody think same as you do.