Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The problem with your logic is that there is no consensus on how 'most' players agree on. Okay so lets be generous and say that 600 unique people bitch relentlessly about TFing on the forums, and you're like 'man, most people hate TFing!' Sure seems like a lot until you think about the other 5-10 million people routinely playing this game and then you realize that what you think is 'most' is actually a drop of water from a really big bucket.

    Even Blizz themselves have pointed this out, that 'most players' arguments are some of the first they tune out because nobody has that data, least of all some angry random guy on a forum.
    Blizzard has gone on record numerous times claiming they have many more metrics than just the forums. That's why I couched my point in language saying what they should do, not what we think the forums represent.

    Yes, I personally use the forums as one point of reference. I also follow what's said in streams, on youtube vids, and dev interviews. My opinion isn't going to be as accurate as Blizzard's, obviously. But in this case I believe they saw how poorly TF was being received IN GENERAL, and took a step away from it. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a whole host of silent majority players who like TF. But in my opinion I haven't seen sny evidence of it.

    Now....having said that, as Kamanaris pointed out, Corruption has its own problems. That's a separate issue we can discuss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Obvious? Lol no, there is nothing obvious here. Just some small vocal minority forum screechers and thats all.

    Like supposedly removing master looter was universally hated change and when someone did the larger scale survey, turned out to be completely opposite.
    It's pretty similar with titanforging. Inability to understand basic math and a combination of jealousy/gatekeeping brings hate.

    Mommy, mommy that guy got 0.2% more icecream than me, WAAAH, WAAAH, he doesn't deserve it!

    Was TF perfect? Hell no, but it was definitely better than not having any system that gives non-zero replayability value to raids and dungeons.
    For someone railing against what you claim is wild assumption, you seem to be doing a lot of the same, and with antagonistic language.


    Whatever. I don't know why I expected anything different from you. Back to ignore.

  2. #142
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    -snip-.
    Do you have ANY proof to the claim that TF killed hundreds of guilds or caused some kind of mass exodus? No? Of course you don't, because it didn't happen.

    As far as people who still play are here because they like the game, what's your point? Every expansion has it's spikes and it's drops and what remains is a pretty stable playerbase, it's been like this for a decade now. There hasn't been any evidence that there's been a larger than normal drop off in Legion and BFA. (Incoming link to the debunked shit that WeakAuras retweeted over a year ago.)

    WoD was shit because the ONLY good thing about WoD was the raiding for people doing Heroic +. If you were doing LFR your endgame was completely invalidated before it was even released, and normal wasn't far behind. No interesting trinkets and no tier in LFR plus the high ilevel of crafted gear and things you could get from rep/garrisons made LFR players, so the majority of PvErs, have nothing to do before the first tier was even released. Fucking over the casuals is what cost them HALF of their subs in a single quarter. They don't have to worry about us Mythic players, they can tell us to eat shit and die and we'll still play their game because there is nothing that offers anything even remotely close to WoW's highend PvE.

    What's this Mythic weapon week one bullshit now? You know that weapons haven't been able to do that all of BFA right? And you know that at the end of Legion in one of the Q&As they stated that ON AVERAGE players raiding NORMAL could expect one (1) piece of gear to titanforge to Mythic base in an entire tier. Nobody was running around with full sets of Mythic gear or really any more than a piece of Mythic gear aside from Mythic raiders. That's a myth based on pure ignorance. I've seen, personally two screenshots EVER of an LFR piece of gear hitting the cap, and one of those was back in Nighthold.

    Plebs having a fun gear lottery didn't ruin anything for me and players like me, plebs weren't running around in full sets of current tier Mythic ilevel gear from lower content, and people didn't quit because of Titanforging. Corruption ticks all the same irritating boxes as Titanforging except it's decidedly unfun for the casuals.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

  3. #143
    i won't say you are wrong for missing titanforging, it's your feelings. but please know titanforging ruined the pacing of the game and the end game has had to be balanced around people randomly getting huge power spikes. horror forging still has the balance issue but at least ilvl means something.

    hopefully tf goes away. i don't mind warforging since it would be 5 or 10 ilvl but no item should upgrade 20+ ilvl.

  4. #144
    The main issue with titanforging has always and will always be the fact you didn't had any control on it. Things that are 100% RNG are shitty. The fact you could keep doing dungeon for upgrade was a good idea, but how it was made wasn't.

  5. #145
    I miss titanfoging,i guess there's nothing to do once you hit your baseline item level.No more happiness and joy when you see that titanforged bracers on your char thats 20ilvls above your other items.Elitists always ruin the game with bitchin and complaining.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well good for you sticking around with all the other people left playing that game.

    My experience of it when it was relevant and not just an honor farming abuse game was that if you werent a warrior then GL getting a group. Even being perfectly viable options like feral or prot pally. But sure you clear dungeons with ease as shaman, im sure its not impossible. I just dont find spamming copy and paste "Looking for" in LFR channels all that fun. All you get is "Need mages/spell cleave NO MELEE" or tanks thinking they have all the power because their tanks so res half the dungeon.
    On my server Mankirk that is not as much of an issue, most of the elitism is gone. I now have a human Paladin at 60 and tank as Ret and everyone has no idea and I hold aggro better than Prot.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    I miss titanfoging,i guess there's nothing to do once you hit your baseline item level.No more happiness and joy when you see that titanforged bracers on your char thats 20ilvls above your other items.Elitists always ruin the game with bitchin and complaining.
    Higher level gear is still there. It's just going to be corrupted. Or more likely in Shadowlands, simply in higher level content that has challenge in line with the reward.

  8. #148
    I liked it, but I also don’t raid.

    I could see it being annoying if you really care about min/maxing.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos;52022494
    Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. [B
    Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others[/B] which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.
    I understand not wanting to stay up all night...but I've found that the older I get (31) the more I appreciate scheduled playtime. It's called time management.

    My problem is that I used to be allowed to be a "raid and log" player. Now there are so many gearing systems outside of raids, I have no way of keeping up...so I just don't play anymore.

  10. #150
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,042
    I loved titanforging. It was so fun to sometimes get an item I could never obtain otherwise.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard has gone on record numerous times claiming they have many more metrics than just the forums. That's why I couched my point in language saying what they should do, not what we think the forums represent.

    Yes, I personally use the forums as one point of reference. I also follow what's said in streams, on youtube vids, and dev interviews. My opinion isn't going to be as accurate as Blizzard's, obviously. But in this case I believe they saw how poorly TF was being received IN GENERAL, and took a step away from it. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a whole host of silent majority players who like TF. But in my opinion I haven't seen sny evidence of it.

    Now....having said that, as Kamanaris pointed out, Corruption has its own problems. That's a separate issue we can discuss.

    - - - Updated - - -



    For someone railing against what you claim is wild assumption, you seem to be doing a lot of the same, and with antagonistic language.


    Whatever. I don't know why I expected anything different from you. Back to ignore.
    Dude, you are literally using wrong words, there is no "IN GENERAL", and they DID NOT take a step away from it. It's like completely opposite, they went pants on head retarded with RNG:



    Now here is the part when MATH kicks in:

    3 pieces of titanforged gear from 430 -> 450 could not even begin to hope to get close to how big difference would make 3 corrupted pieces.

    Assuming you do 40k while having 430+ ilvl. each 450 titanforge (+20ilvl) gives you a WHOPPING 0.9% upgrade.
    So instead of doing 40.00k dps you will be doing 40.36k.

    Now a single stack of Infinite stars gives you 3.8k dps which equals ~8.5% dps. Of course, layered after a RNG wall.
    Weakest corruptions are comparable to +20 ilvl titanforge.

    If you multiply your luck to maximum,
    3x +20 ilvl titanforge gave you ~2.7% dps increase
    3x Infinite stars gives you ~26% dps increase

  12. #152
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth!
    Posts
    25,258
    Man, the hindsight lovin' starts earlier than usual these days...

    Titanforging being dead is a thing of beauty and joy.
    Hamsters are illegal in Hawaii!
    "TeH SjW AgEnDa, dAmN WoMyN/GaYS/MiNOrItIeS DaRiNG tO HaVe A PrEsEnCE iN soCiEtY!!!1"

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Man, the hindsight lovin' starts earlier than usual these days...

    Titanforging being dead is a thing of beauty and joy.
    Yeah right, maybe time to learn some math?





    Literally 200 ilvl item with infinite stars will be better than 485 in that slot.

  14. #154
    Nah dude, titanforging legit fucked up this game alone coupled with "The Pruning"
    c

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought thunderforging in MoP was great. It was only a max of 6 item levels and it didnt go above the next tier. It gave you little upgrades to keep aiming for during progression/farm, but it wasnt over the top. Then there was als0 valor point upgrades at the end of the expansion I thought was a good idea (assuming you can still farm all the points you missed if you join late). They dont have to make this convoluted system like corruption. MoP already had a good system.
    Glad someone knows MoP had a good system regarding the whole thunderforging system. If Blizzard just stuck to that type of system pretty sure we would not have needed a stat squish at all.

  16. #156
    Nope. Fuck that system all the way into the trash.

  17. #157
    Herald of the Titans Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff, Québec
    Posts
    2,511
    Titanforging was awesome. Loved to get that kind of surprise.

  18. #158
    Pit Lord msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,316
    They weren't smart with titanforging. It should've been a buff that pops up in a raid for that specific difficulty after you full clear final boss and that would've been the only way to get titanforges.

    Having it come out of all content was basically just begging the player to forfeit their life to WoW and it backfired, surprise surprise.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Glad someone knows MoP had a good system regarding the whole thunderforging system. If Blizzard just stuck to that type of system pretty sure we would not have needed a stat squish at all.
    MoP. Best Class Design. Best gearing systems.

    Things could only titanforge 10 iLevels. If they did - they couldn't be upgraded further.

    We also had reforging back then. RIP.



    Why can't we go back.....

    Every item that didn't warforge(+5) or titanforge(+10) instead had two upgrade levels(0/2) that you could spend points on to upgrade so you could get the same iLevel as the guy that won the lotto.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah right, maybe time to learn some math?


    Literally 200 ilvl item with infinite stars will be better than 485 in that slot.
    Imagine actually thinking Infinite Stars won't be nerfed.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    MoP. Best Class Design. Best gearing systems.

    Things could only titanforge 10 iLevels. If they did - they couldn't be upgraded further.

    We also had reforging back then. RIP.



    Why can't we go back.....

    Every item that didn't warforge(+5) or titanforge(+10) instead had two upgrade levels(0/2) that you could spend points on to upgrade so you could get the same iLevel as the guy that won the lotto.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Imagine actually thinking Infinite Stars won't be nerfed.
    Weren't we able to use valor to upgrade are gear at the end of expansion gear drops as well?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •