Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Might I invite you too look at the DPS impact rank 3 Infinite Stars has. Rank 3 of that Corruption alone is worth probably half of your gear for many specs (ATM, rank 3 is worth 20k DPS for Ele shaman for example). You talk about how not having titanforging makes you lose the option to chase something, but that alone is more valuable than any amount of titanforging ever could.
    And then I get that, and then it's over and then I've got nothing else to chase. Where with Titanforging the options were pretty much endless. Nah, miss me with catering to the whiners, see you when they realize taking even more away from the gear treadmill is a horrible idea.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I miss it if only because the corruption mechanic is somehow even worse. It's like taking the absolute worst parts of Titanforging, Artifacts, and Legion Legendaries and smashing them all together in an unholy amalgamation of torture.

Whoever thought this was good game design should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    Can't you get mythic level loot for the chest? The chest can drop well still right?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Thats not how the community works.

you need a bloated ilvl as a dps to even be considered getting invited to relevant content.
    Tell me what difference 10 ilvls on a single slot will do? Tell me what 2 will do? It will do nothing. You are just being dishonest about what a small upgrade will do. Try again mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    I'll try to make it really easy for you to understand. Titanforging is a system from Diablo 3. One of many cancerous systems ported over to WoW.

The reasons Titanforging don't work in a game like WoW, an MMORPG are as follows:

• WoW is an MMO with WEEKLY lockouts. Diablo 3 has no such lockouts. You can keep running the content over and over and keep pulling the slot machine.
    • Insanely heavy RNG just devalues gear overall. There is no excitement anymore.
    • Over-abundance of loot devalues gear. Way too much gear is handed out. We have vendored thousands of epics per character since Legion started handing out gear.

These are the main things I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I'll try to make it really easy for you to understand. Titanforging is a system from Diablo 3. One of many cancerous systems ported over to WoW.

The reasons Titanforging don't work in a game like WoW, an MMORPG are as follows:

• WoW is an MMO with WEEKLY lockouts. Diablo 3 has no such lockouts. You can keep running the content over and over and keep pulling the slot machine.
    • Insanely heavy RNG just devalues gear overall. There is no excitement anymore.
    • Over-abundance of loot devalues gear. Way too much gear is handed out. We have vendored thousands of epics per character since Legion started handing out gear.

These are the main things I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more.
    To your point #1. That is why M+ exists.

But I agree, D3 is a game I played until I had a legendary/set gear for what I wanted to do and then I quit cause fuck grinding for Ancient (and whatever else they added later?) stuff hoping for the rng lottery.
    PoE also suffer from this but there atleast you have interesting leagues to change things up so I keep coming back, only to stop when the grind wall becomes to big.

You know what those games allow you to do tho? Drop out and come back later with minimal investment to start anew. Which is where WoW failed with this. I briefly considered coming back to the game after Shadowlands was revealed (quit after Uldir) but seeing the amount of neck/essence grind needed, and the desire to play a different class to what I already had from Uldir and I just walked away. The run to catch up prohibits the 'drop in' playstyle that D3 and PoE allow.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Thank God they didn’t listen to you then.

I'm not. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    To your point #1. That is why M+ exists.

But I agree, D3 is a game I played until I had a legendary/set gear for what I wanted to do and then I quit cause fuck grinding for Ancient (and whatever else they added later?) stuff hoping for the rng lottery.
    PoE also suffer from this but there atleast you have interesting leagues to change things up so I keep coming back, only to stop when the grind wall becomes to big.

You know what those games allow you to do tho? Drop out and come back later with minimal investment to start anew. Which is where WoW failed with this. I briefly considered coming back to the game after Shadowlands was revealed (quit after Uldir) but seeing the amount of neck/essence grind needed, and the desire to play a different class to what I already had from Uldir and I just walked away. The run to catch up prohibits the 'drop in' playstyle that D3 and PoE allow.
    Exactly. There are a metric shit tonne of reasons why D3 systems don't work in WoW but I think the endless running reason is a major one. This is an MMO and you need long term progression. You also need a clear progression path.

There is no clear progression path when you're running around with a Mythic Raid quality item that you got from spending 3 minutes collecting apples in a World Quest. People can claim this rarely happens but the fact of the matter is - it does.

Sure you can say we have Mythic+ but many of the best items are behind a 1 week lockout.

There is just asinine levels of RNG in WoW now. Hopefully Shadowlands removes some of it.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Thank God they didn’t listen to you then.
    Thank you for such a meaningful contribution to the thread
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I knew this was coming.

WoW community: OMG <name of thing> sucks get rid of it

Blizz: okay we hear u, its gone in <insert patch>

WoW community: man I miss <name of thing Blizz just removed> so much

I got a 355 font of power the other day from Heroic, considering the difficulty curve between heroic and mythic, there's no way it should have the same Ilvl as a mythic quality trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Maybe, just maybe the people that were complaining about it, aren't the people now complaining that it has been removed?

You knew that the community isn't one big hivemind?

It should never feel unrewarding to get a mythic raid item, and that's exactly what Titanforging did to the game.

You could be literally one of the best players in the game, and Joe Schmoe Nobody on easy mode gets a piece of gear that is at or beyond your level of gear just because of a crap system.

Frankly, they need some fresh blood in charge at Blizzard that's going to be the hardliner needed to make the changes that the game needs for its long term health and enjoyment, not someone like Ion who tries to cater to everyone in every aspect.

You want the best? Show us you are the best.
    You want high end gear? Well get into some really high keys or Mythic raiding.
    You fell behind? Well buy or craft some gear to boost your ilvl, we're not handing it out like candy anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Because it shouldn't feel bad to get a baseline mythic item.

Titanforging was one of the worst things Blizzard ever did to this game.
    agree
    Titanforging is one of WORST things ever
    tbh this maybe first time ever i see someone defending titanforging, truly this is a crazy world
    now next return token vendors
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    you still have your pretty titles you can show off to the scrubs
    with how much titles in game now, most ppl don't even know them or care to change them
    like mounts, there are so much mounts in game now that if u use a single mount daily, u'll need years to just rotate them
    at least mini pets some new ones actually useful in combat, but if u just collect for look, i bet u have way too many to even care

tbh this is getting way out of hand, u have too much mounts to even care, too much mini pets to even try, even gear there are way too many sets to try to collect (also tbh, half of gear look sh8t, specially latest modern ones)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    It should never feel unrewarding to get a mythic raid item, and that's exactly what Titanforging did to the game.

You could be literally one of the best players in the game, and Joe Schmoe Nobody on easy mode gets a piece of gear that is at or beyond your level of gear just because of a crap system.

Frankly, they need some fresh blood in charge at Blizzard that's going to be the hardliner needed to make the changes that the game needs for its long term health and enjoyment, not someone like Ion who tries to cater to everyone in every aspect.

You want the best? Show us you are the best.
    You want high end gear? Well get into some really high keys or Mythic raiding.
    You fell behind? Well buy or craft some gear to boost your ilvl, we're not handing it out like candy anymore.
    This post is like when rich old people think people on the benefit are living on lobster. Titanforge barely even happens and it's not like it turns a world quest item into mythic level loot get real. And you say m+ is high end but you still need last two bosses in mythic raid for weapons so you can't call m+ high end when it doesn't offer high end gear anymore

Even baseline mythic raid trinkets for example blow out highly titanforged m+ trinkets. And the baseline is so high that's being greedy if you get dissapointed.

Ashvane and dribbling ink etc. Way more op even without tf
    And in return,thanks to titanforging,you can get better items for almost every slot from m+,and there is no limit to how many m+ you can do in a week (also,you get up to 3 items/5 players in a m+,while raids give you on average 1 item/5 players (20% drop chance).
    With tier being gone,trinkets are the only items that can be truly valuable in raids,and even then,it's not always the case

One person doesn't equal the general consensus of the rest of the community.

Titanforging is largely hated by many people. Titanforging might be liked by a very small portion of players. I say "might", because I can't tell if the OP is being serious or not, or just trying to stir up things for attention.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    One person doesn't equal the general consensus of the rest of the community.

Titanforging is largely hated by many people. Titanforging might be liked by a very small portion of players. I say "might", because I can't tell if the OP is being serious or not, or just trying to stir up things for attention.
    Yes I'm trolling because it's annoying I have to do last two mythic bosses for weapons so I can do the content I actually want to do which is m± and as a melee dps weapon is quite important and I'll be lucky to get one last boss mythic kill let alone enough to farm it. And I bet 99% of players will be in the same boat. Ffs man don't be so lame. They could at least make mythic bosses loot the same ilvl so I can do first 3 bosses that are under tuned. Get my weapon and not have to go back like most "mythic" raiders/guilds do and then claim thier a mythic guild

Don't really miss it, I Loathe it. Shouldn't appear in first place, it was a mistake.