Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I miss titanfoging,i guess there's nothing to do once you hit your baseline item level.No more happiness and joy when you see that titanforged bracers on your char thats 20ilvls above your other items.Elitists always ruin the game with bitchin and complaining.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well good for you sticking around with all the other people left playing that game.

My experience of it when it was relevant and not just an honor farming abuse game was that if you werent a warrior then GL getting a group. Even being perfectly viable options like feral or prot pally. But sure you clear dungeons with ease as shaman, im sure its not impossible. I just dont find spamming copy and paste "Looking for" in LFR channels all that fun. All you get is "Need mages/spell cleave NO MELEE" or tanks thinking they have all the power because their tanks so res half the dungeon.
    On my server Mankirk that is not as much of an issue, most of the elitism is gone. I now have a human Paladin at 60 and tank as Ret and everyone has no idea and I hold aggro better than Prot.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    I miss titanfoging,i guess there's nothing to do once you hit your baseline item level.No more happiness and joy when you see that titanforged bracers on your char thats 20ilvls above your other items.Elitists always ruin the game with bitchin and complaining.
    Higher level gear is still there. It's just going to be corrupted. Or more likely in Shadowlands, simply in higher level content that has challenge in line with the reward.

I liked it, but I also don’t raid.

I could see it being annoying if you really care about min/maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos;52022494
    Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. [B
    Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others[/B] which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.
    I understand not wanting to stay up all night...but I've found that the older I get (31) the more I appreciate scheduled playtime. It's called time management.

My problem is that I used to be allowed to be a "raid and log" player. Now there are so many gearing systems outside of raids, I have no way of keeping up...so I just don't play anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved titanforging. It was so fun to sometimes get an item I could never obtain otherwise.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard has gone on record numerous times claiming they have many more metrics than just the forums. That's why I couched my point in language saying what they should do, not what we think the forums represent.

Yes, I personally use the forums as one point of reference. I also follow what's said in streams, on youtube vids, and dev interviews. My opinion isn't going to be as accurate as Blizzard's, obviously. But in this case I believe they saw how poorly TF was being received IN GENERAL, and took a step away from it. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a whole host of silent majority players who like TF. But in my opinion I haven't seen sny evidence of it.

Now....having said that, as Kamanaris pointed out, Corruption has its own problems. That's a separate issue we can discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

For someone railing against what you claim is wild assumption, you seem to be doing a lot of the same, and with antagonistic language.

Whatever. I don't know why I expected anything different from you. Back to ignore.
    Dude, you are literally using wrong words, there is no "IN GENERAL", and they DID NOT take a step away from it. It's like completely opposite, they went pants on head retarded with RNG:

Now here is the part when MATH kicks in:

3 pieces of titanforged gear from 430 -> 450 could not even begin to hope to get close to how big difference would make 3 corrupted pieces.

Assuming you do 40k while having 430+ ilvl. each 450 titanforge (+20ilvl) gives you a WHOPPING 0.9% upgrade.
    So instead of doing 40.00k dps you will be doing 40.36k.

Now a single stack of Infinite stars gives you 3.8k dps which equals ~8.5% dps. Of course, layered after a RNG wall.
    Weakest corruptions are comparable to +20 ilvl titanforge.

If you multiply your luck to maximum,
    3x +20 ilvl titanforge gave you ~2.7% dps increase
    3x Infinite stars gives you ~26% dps increase

Man, the hindsight lovin' starts earlier than usual these days...

Titanforging being dead is a thing of beauty and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Man, the hindsight lovin' starts earlier than usual these days...

Titanforging being dead is a thing of beauty and joy.
    Yeah right, maybe time to learn some math?

Literally 200 ilvl item with infinite stars will be better than 485 in that slot.

Nah dude, titanforging legit fucked up this game alone coupled with "The Pruning"
    c

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought thunderforging in MoP was great. It was only a max of 6 item levels and it didnt go above the next tier. It gave you little upgrades to keep aiming for during progression/farm, but it wasnt over the top. Then there was als0 valor point upgrades at the end of the expansion I thought was a good idea (assuming you can still farm all the points you missed if you join late). They dont have to make this convoluted system like corruption. MoP already had a good system.
    Glad someone knows MoP had a good system regarding the whole thunderforging system. If Blizzard just stuck to that type of system pretty sure we would not have needed a stat squish at all.

Nope. Fuck that system all the way into the trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanforging was awesome. Loved to get that kind of surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    They weren't smart with titanforging. It should've been a buff that pops up in a raid for that specific difficulty after you full clear final boss and that would've been the only way to get titanforges.

Having it come out of all content was basically just begging the player to forfeit their life to WoW and it backfired, surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Glad someone knows MoP had a good system regarding the whole thunderforging system. If Blizzard just stuck to that type of system pretty sure we would not have needed a stat squish at all.
    MoP. Best Class Design. Best gearing systems.

Things could only titanforge 10 iLevels. If they did - they couldn't be upgraded further.

We also had reforging back then. RIP.

Why can't we go back.....

Every item that didn't warforge(+5) or titanforge(+10) instead had two upgrade levels(0/2) that you could spend points on to upgrade so you could get the same iLevel as the guy that won the lotto.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yeah right, maybe time to learn some math?

Literally 200 ilvl item with infinite stars will be better than 485 in that slot.
    Imagine actually thinking Infinite Stars won't be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    MoP. Best Class Design. Best gearing systems.

Things could only titanforge 10 iLevels. If they did - they couldn't be upgraded further.

We also had reforging back then. RIP.

Why can't we go back.....

Every item that didn't warforge(+5) or titanforge(+10) instead had two upgrade levels(0/2) that you could spend points on to upgrade so you could get the same iLevel as the guy that won the lotto.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine actually thinking Infinite Stars won't be nerfed.
    Weren't we able to use valor to upgrade are gear at the end of expansion gear drops as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with TF, except the whiners (who mostly are gear whores).
    BTW corruption is much worse than TF and it's just as rng. But hey, apparently TF whiners are mostly too stupid to realize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.
    Just 2 things. First is since when did M+ stop dropping weapons? Second is why would this removal of titanforging prevent you from running said M+ for weapons? Also last time I checked, PvP still gave weapons too....

Never really cared about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Because it shouldn't feel bad to get a baseline mythic item.

Titanforging was one of the worst things Blizzard ever did to this game.
    Ya it wasn't xrealm crap that made the game such pain to play, it was titan forging. /s