View Poll Results: While playing BfA, did it feel like an Old God themed expansion to you?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes duh

88 73.33%
  • Oh my god I had no idea

32 26.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I still kinda expect one after Shadowlands tbh. We’re all chilling in another plane of existence, leaving Azeroth undefended and the all of the Old Gods rise up in our absence and take over the planet. I can see that happening and I would love it. I don’t buy for a second that we can actually kill and destroy them and we know that they have plans within plans of plans and plans on the side with plans for dessert.
    Can’t say I truly believe it... it this is what I am hoping as I, too, was seeing BfA as an intro, just like Draenor had been to Legion.

The latest patch content has pretty visuals but is pretty underwhelming imo. So much wasted potential.

Literally nobody is blindsided by the fact that BfA is the old god expansion.

We all knew this. It was foreshadowed since the Blizzcon it was announced. It only got more obvious as Old God shit is all we've dealt with aside from the war, which we knew was going nowhere since the war can never end.

We'll see the Void Lords expansion later, which will have Old God themed areas since the two are related. THAT will be the Return of the Old Gods expansion.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-01-22 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Then Blizzard lied that this was supposed to be a faction war expansion.

What faction war exactly? The only real war was in the pre expansion questline and those were two skirmishes at best (that did have dire consequences though).

When will Blizzard truly dedicate themselves to a faction war that actually feels like a war and plays out until the end without getting overshadowed by something else? It's getting tiresome.

Seems it's only possible in an RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Then Blizzard lied that this was supposed to be a faction war expansion.

What faction war exactly? The only real war was in the pre expansion questline and those were two skirmishes at best (that did have dire consequences though).

When will Blizzard truly dedicate themselves to a faction war that actually feels like a war and plays out until the end without getting overshadowed by something else? It's getting tiresome.

Seems it's only possible in an RTS.
    They literally cannot.

Both sides need a story, which makes sense and feels good to play through. This is because both sides have players on them - Since the players pay the bills, they need to be willing to play. This is why the two faction system is holding the game back moreso than pushing it forward.

If the Alliance gains ground, it doesn't feel good for Horde. But if the Horde gains ground, it doesn't feel good for the Alliance. So the two can only gain/lose in equals, which feels good for nobody.

There is no war story where they have it feel like a war, feel good for both sides, AND both sides lose and gain equally. Because gaining/losing equally isn't how war works. Hell, a realistic war story most certainly wouldn't feel good for either side, either.

But Blizzard isn't, and has never been, writing a realistic war story. They're writing a fantasy story. It's meant to be cheerful. War isn't.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-01-22 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.