Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're literally being rewarded a Legendary cloak. The BiS for the remainder of the expansion.

I know Legion made Legendaries feel less Legendary, but may I remind you of the last time Wrathion gave us a legendary cloak, and the questline ('s length) involved for THAT one? Or WoD's rings? Shadowmourne and Val'anyr?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You're literally being rewarded a Legendary cloak. The BiS for the remainder of the expansion.

I know Legion made Legendaries feel less Legendary, but may I remind you of the last time Wrathion gave us a legendary cloak, and the questline ('s length) involved for THAT one? Or WoD's rings? Shadowmourne and Val'anyr?
    And remember how only one of those upgraded weekly by finishing the raid, that one being the ring?

The legendary tag means nothing in this case. You get it in its weakest form and it's not anything special until you upgrade it by putting in effort.

I think people would prefer that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't long and I didn't mind it. Mind you I'm their ideal playerbase anyway, ya know the whole reason you play an MMO-RPG.The story.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I think people would prefer that.
    "I would prefer a quest that is not only extremely time gated in that it takes at least a month and a half to complete, but also requires me to do obsolete raids. This is much more fun than a two-hour quest chain."

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "I would prefer a quest that is not only extremely time gated, but also requires me to do obsolete raids. This is much preferred to a two-hour quest chain."
    It was still better than this spunk that resulted from co-masturbation season of these "writers".

Also, you were working on it for the entire expansion with intermediary rewards, it was not an asspull to promote their new bullshit rng mechanic.

3+ Year Old Account
    You can be in a group for ALL of the scenarios.

If you stagger your entries (wait a few seconds between) you will end up with your own magni each rather then 1.

We had 2 Magni and they pretty much just did everything for us

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the Ra-Den and MOTHER ship is now my OTP. I'm off to fanfiction.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Easy? Yes. Short? Hell no. Took me around 2 hours to complete it on my main. Now if you got like + 10 alts you gonna need around +15 to complete it on everything
    Oh shit, when I first read this thread and people said it was long, I was like "nice, didn't know they still had long cool quest chains". But.... 2 hours? That's nothing. Like dude, really nothing. That's short.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I do have to say it really didn’t feel that long to do - I think people are doing the dailies with the intro quest and adding that time into it lol
    The first time the quest doesnt feel that long, because you are engaged in it, and its not a really bad quest. Every further time, its just a long as chore. Because you dont even do much on the Quests, you can count the mobs/encounters in the Scenarios on one hand, and you are basically just walking a thousand miles.

I´m fine with having to do a short intro quest to unlock stuff like Mechagon/Nazjatar.
    But having to spend around 3 Hours to unlock the mandatory content, feels like punishment for enjoying to play two or more characters.

Honestly, the Ra-Den and MOTHER ship is now my OTP. I'm off to fanfiction.net.
    Except you know what happens to Ra-den, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you know what happens to Ra-den, right?
    Hope they don't look in the dungeon journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucetia View Post
    except you know what happens to ra-den, right?
    Why, thAT JUST MAK̫̥̳̞E̗̞͔̝Ș̮ ̨̯̪̞̘͈I̟̗͙̟͘ͅT̥͙̳̻ ̙H̶͕̥͕̟O̮͇TT҉̹͖E̶̞R͉͎̦̼̺̭͡

I'm talkin' tentacles on robotwaifu action baby yeah.
    *mad scribbling*

I've gotten the cloak on 4 characters so far, really doesn't feel bad at all.

You're gonna do the assaults on your alts anyway, so doing them for the quest is fine, you can skip the two pointless scenario things, so all that you really have to do is fly around and talk to people. Then of course the BWD scenario, but considering that literally gives you the cloak that was never going to be skippable anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Oh shit, when I first read this thread and people said it was long, I was like "nice, didn't know they still had long cool quest chains". But.... 2 hours? That's nothing. Like dude, really nothing. That's short.
    Welcome to WoW's playerbase where 2 hours is the end of the world for them. Alts can even skip the longest parts of it but I guess it ain't enough and everything needs to be given for no effort

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You'd already have completed the questline if you didn't waste time here making pointless QQ threads about the most insignificant things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I've gotten the cloak on 4 characters so far, really doesn't feel bad at all.

You're gonna do the assaults on your alts anyway, so doing them for the quest is fine, you can skip the two pointless scenario things, so all that you really have to do is fly around and talk to people. Then of course the BWD scenario, but considering that literally gives you the cloak that was never going to be skippable anyway.
    I dunno why people are turning up their noses at free gear.
    The assaults take 15 mins tops if you do puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Easy? Yes. Short? Hell no. Took me around 2 hours to complete it on my main. Now if you got like + 10 alts you gonna need around +15 to complete it on everything
    Having 10 alts is a choice you make though, it's not a requirement or a right to have every character up to scratch with little to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Since you're doing the assaults and other activities, the mindset to have would be "okay, I'm going to do assaults and visions on this character today." But whatever works for people.
    I'm only doing "assaults and other activities" on 2 characters, at least right now, the rest are mostly for bonus gold/mount attempts, and since mounts (at least right now, on EU) require only Uldum, doing the entire thing in parts, only unlocking Uldum for now, works quite well Not just time-wise, but also sanity-wise,
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's completely awful how messy it feels.
    Just look at Vale alone even.

"Go to Mogushen vaults!"
    *flies over vale along the way*
    "Oh man, go to the Vale for Cho!"
    Cho - "Go fly to the other side of the vale to get the plans"
    *fly to other side of vale and back*
    Cho - "Oh, okay, go back to the other side of the vale, the mogu were there"
    *flies back to the Mogu*
    Mogu - "Hey can do you some stuff for us...on the other side of the vale"

Granted, that's only one isolated situation but it's still so much back and forth between places that it's terrible overall. I never want to see Halls of Origination again, alas, I have at least 3 more toons to do it on.
    Definitely, I didn't even mention how disjointed it was once you reached a zone. I don't usually peddle in the "conspiracy side", but it's possible this was done purposely to extend the time it takes to complete the 8.3 intro.