Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you dumb? For real the most tedious parts of the chain can be skipped.
    Apparently not ... pretty much just the first scenario can be skipped - after that ALL the scenarios, instances, visions, invasions etc ... ALL have to be done on each alt that want the cloak on.

    I'm all for alts having to be played to get their stuff (e.g. essences) - but having to endure several hours of torment before you can even play them ?

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Apparently not ... pretty much just the first scenario can be skipped - after that ALL the scenarios, instances, visions, invasions etc ... ALL have to be done on each alt that want the cloak on.

    I'm all for alts having to be played to get their stuff (e.g. essences) - but having to endure several hours of torment before you can even play them ?
    False. You can skip the scenario given by Ra-Den. And it's more one-two hours tops than "several hours".

  3. #23
    I never even saw the option to skip anything when I was on my Horde, though that didn't matter cause I was curious if anything different happened cuts cene wise..

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I would assume people complaining about having to do a quest on alts wouldn’t be raiders in the first place outside of Mabye lfr. Or it could just be my experience as I know the people I raided with would have loved to just do a quest line to get the legendary cape instead of having to say do lfr on each one hoping for the drops.
    Yeah, no shit people prefer guaranteed progress over praying to RNGesus.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  5. #25
    Oh it is just so so so so boring of a quest chain... where is the fun .. rather disgusting in this so far. :/. But that is bfa.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    - You can skip some parts, like the Mogushan Palace part
    - Every assault completion is quite fast if you don't want to complete every damn daily
    - The first horrific visions to upgrade the cloak (in which you just have to kill the boss) takes 2 minutes

    Getting this legendary is INFINITELY faster than getting the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD. If you can't be arsed to spend less than two hours on an alt for some back and forth running whille watching a stream/Netflix to get an item you'll keep till the end of the expac, you're so fucking lazy it boggles my mind.
    Calm down, Janet. Not everyone has alts for the same reason. Either way, get your blood pressure checked.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Calm down, Janet. Not everyone has alts for the same reason. Either way, get your blood pressure checked.
    I'm deeply sorry I hurt your feelings, darling.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    for real? does it only count same faction? only done it on one of each faction so far and didn't notice it on the second toon. was seriously dreading HOO scenario repeats after the sun prophet killed me on a WW monk which has more 'oh shit!' buttons than most any other classes. and he's pretty decently geared being a boosted toon. slightly better than or near the same as all of my other alts.

    so can anyone point out exactly where to expect the skip option(s) please?
    Unsure of faction. I haven't done my other side yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    - You can skip some parts, like the Mogushan Palace part
    - Every assault completion is quite fast if you don't want to complete every damn daily
    - The first horrific visions to upgrade the cloak (in which you just have to kill the boss) takes 2 minutes

    Getting this legendary is INFINITELY faster than getting the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD. If you can't be arsed to spend less than two hours on an alt for some back and forth running whille watching a stream/Netflix to get an item you'll keep till the end of the expac, you're so fucking lazy it boggles my mind.
    Seriously. These are the same people that apparently do have the time to level 50 alts but then complain about a relatively short quest chain.

    Playerbase doesn't even know what it wants anymore. Most people just shake their fist at the sky and complain about _________.

  10. #30
    Well on the bright side, its the only content for the next 9 months so there plenty of time..

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seriously. These are the same people that apparently do have the time to level 50 alts but then complain about a relatively short quest chain.

    Playerbase doesn't even know what it wants anymore. Most people just shake their fist at the sky and complain about _________.
    I'd be perfectly happy not having to level my alts either fwiw. Leveling also takes less time than getting essences, so there's that.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You can skip the scenario given by Ra-Den.
    So - you can skip two of the several scenarios instead of one ... same deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    And it's more one-two hours tops than "several hours".
    10am -> 4pm with a 1 hour break ... might be quicker later, but the crowds slowed it down dramatically.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  13. #33
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,830
    I swear you people will be bitching about having to go through the login screen to get to your free daily loot at some point.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I swear you people will be bitching about having to go through the login screen
    When it takes hours and hours - everyone already does.

    These are just story quests - not play quests, story is the for the player not the character.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    10am -> 4pm with a 1 hour break ... might be quicker later, but the crowds slowed it down dramatically.
    No idea how you managed that honestly. Took me 2 hours the first time through and that was with me doing all the daily quests because I wanted the rep anyway, and I didn't know the quick ways to finish assaults. Got an alt done in under an hour and a half since you can skip a couple scenarios and I don't care about maxing rep on alts so I can just blow through the assault real quick.

    Really isn't that bad. It's more than the Nazjatar quest, sure, but it goes by pretty quick. Maybe do alts with a friend since it's pretty mindless, or watch a TV show or something, since you won't care about the lore anymore (if you did at all, I've been playing since vanilla and just now realized that one dude can literally turn into a giant dragon, so that was kinda neat).

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,065
    Just playing through it once was soul-crushing, just a bunch of annoying backtracking through uninteresting trash packs in defunct dungeons in order to get to the meat of this patch.

    I mean did they really have to make people head into HoO like 3 times?

    The dailies aren't much better, especially the "Kill 4 rares" one. Took me almost an hour because of the small invasion areas and the long respawn timer on them.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    - It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    It didn't take 2 hours, granted I'm maybe slow but I was hopping back and forth for a good 4 hours
    Are there any portals from the chamber to uldum/vale, because that would help.
    I'm not sure I'll be doing a lot of assault if not.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seriously. These are the same people that apparently do have the time to level 50 alts but then complain about a relatively short quest chain.

    Playerbase doesn't even know what it wants anymore. Most people just shake their fist at the sky and complain about _________.
    It's almost like....

    They're different people....

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Just playing through it once was soul-crushing, just a bunch of annoying backtracking through uninteresting trash packs in defunct dungeons in order to get to the meat of this patch.

    I mean did they really have to make people head into HoO like 3 times?

    The dailies aren't much better, especially the "Kill 4 rares" one. Took me almost an hour because of the small invasion areas and the long respawn timer on them.
    I feel like I am going to upgrade my sanity by not doing any of the dailies.

    Its really not worth it. Barely any rewards, and while sure, you miss out on like 1k rep a week, its just really not worth it. If I have one less Horrific Vision every two weeks because of it, then so be it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No idea how you managed that honestly.
    By doing it as quickly as I could - Ulduum assault was the slow point - around 2 hours hunting for something to kill for the most part.

    Just did it second time - from starting the chain to finishing the Ulduum Assault was around 1.5 hours skipping all cut scenes and the scenario. Again - most of the time was in Ulduum, but fewer people around made it a bit easier to find things to kill.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-01-16 at 08:34 AM.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •