Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Are there any portals from the chamber to uldum/vale, because that would help.
    I'm not sure I'll be doing a lot of assault if not.
    It's at the MOP portals in SW/Org for Uldum and for Vale take the Jade Forest portal from SW/Org.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

I like that you started complaining without even logging on your alts to look at it first. The longest parts of the questline are skipped for alts.

The alts do only the good things in the questline, where you get rewards, assaults etc.

When I get home, I'll take a timer and do the questline on an alt with the skips. Gonna see if the "several hours" argument holds merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The longest parts of the questline are skipped for alts.
    Incorrect... doing alt now, so far ONE instance skippable... that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Gonna see if the "several hours" argument holds merit.
    Wasn't an argument - was a measurement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - you can skip two of the several scenarios instead of one ... same deal.

10am -> 4pm with a 1 hour break ... might be quicker later, but the crowds slowed it down dramatically.
    Considering the Ra-Den scenario is probably the longest, yeah, that's a solid 10-15 minutes gained.

It took me 1h30 on an alt with an atrociously low laptop (long loading times). It also depends on your ilvl, your class, whether you're able to skip mobs or not (polymorph, cage, stealth...), your speed boosts...Getting the assault done to continue the storyline is fast. Getting all the dailies done increases the amount of time dramatically (especially the "kill 4 rares" in Uldum).

Why is Blizzard making us fly across continents for hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It took me 1h30 on an alt with an atrociously low laptop (long loading times). I
    Wouldn't have been possible - took more than that just to do the Uldum assault...

By far the slowest part was the two assaults ... especially the ulduum one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Why is Blizzard making us fly across continents for hours?
    To paraphrase the response I get when I want shorter queue times..... roll a mage

However - the travel time is a pretty minor part as long as you have a short hearth timer and know your way around. Probably no more than half an hour total for the whole thing is travel time.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Wouldn't have been possible - took more than that just to do the Uldum assault...

By far the slowest part was the two assaults ... especially the ulduum one.
    What? No. You just have to fill a bar by killing mobs and opening chests/killing rares/doing objectives on the map, you don't need to do any daily for the assault completion, and the final boss has a short respawn timer. If you focus on just filling the assault bar, I maintain it's fast. If you want to explore, wander around and do dailies, it slows down dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.
    Back in my day if you wanted Netherwing drakes on more than one character you unlocked them on more than one character... there weren't none of these newfangled 'catch-up' mechanics or rep tokens! You either had drakes, or you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You just have to fill a bar by killing mobs and opening chests/killing rares/doing objectives on the map
    Yeah - that's the problem - when I did it on my main, there was just nothing to kill or open. That's what took so much time.

So yesterday - it was 2 hours on my main, today an hour on my alt ... all down to how many people are around.

Interestingly - I did the dailies today on my main, and had the same issue finding anything to kill - until I turned warmode off.

There is nothing hard about the intro stuff ... at all, just time consuming.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you dumb? For real the most tedious parts of the chain can be skipped.
    Assaults are the most tedious parts though. Literally the worst design ever.

You need to comprehend that some people having an ability to do boring and uninteresting stuff repeadetely and asking for more of this doesnt automatically mean its a good and adequate stuff. Most of 8.3 design is pure trash. People's complains and criticism about them is legit.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-01-16 at 09:49 AM.

8.3 quest line just killed alts
    good.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    mop cloak was do LFR until you collected enough drops
    Well, MoP LFR was about the same difficulty as normal/flex now. And today's LFR is basically tourist mode.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.
    Do you realize the "legendary" cloak is basically a ILVL chunk with orange letters slapped? Blizzard could have name the cloak an Azerite Cloak, color it purple and this would have change nothing.

Dont act like we should be grateful for getting mandatory ILVL chunk that everyone got in a couple hours quickly. At least Legion legendaries were worth of farming all LFRs every week. Doing it paid off. Doing the same shit to get "Legendary" Cloak on five characters isn't.

Honestly if you can't spend an hour and a half getting your BiS cloak for the rest of the expansion it's unlikely you were ever going to gear that alt anyway, so I don't really think this makes any difference at all. Gotten the cloak on 4 characters so far and did the visions on 2, really wasn't bad at all. Have a few more characters to do over the next two days and then my alts are done with grinds for the rest of the expac basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Do you realize the "legendary" cloak is basically a ILVL chunk with orange letters slapped? Blizzard could have name the cloak an Azerite Cloak, color it purple and this would have change nothing.

Dont act like we should be grateful for getting mandatory ILVL chunk that everyone got in a couple hours quickly. At least Legion legendaries were worth of farming all LFRs every week. Doing it paid off. Doing the same shit to get "Legendary" Cloak on five characters isn't.
    The 8.3 legendary is worth less because it's easier to get than previous legendaries?

so you have no problem lvling alt for several hours but don't have 2 more to unlock new features on them?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow..patch is one day out and it already killed alts for the next 250 or so days.
    Well - no, just killed alts for raiding for the rest of the patch.

The issue is that you can't catch up on this one.. there is no AK for cloak level etc etc. So you don't get to bring a new alt into a raid in 2 months time. The cloak's corruption/sanity resist doesn't have an equivalent in pre 8.3 stuff. So what if your neck was a few item levels too low, or you didn't have the right essence or azerite power. That just stunted your dps/healing.

The cloak is going to be the MC fire resist gear for the raid apparently....