Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The cloak is going to be the MC fire resist gear for the raid apparently....
    You mean, not required at all to raid then? Because the 2019 raiders definitely didn't need fire resist gear to clean MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You mean, not required at all to raid then?
    No - I mean like MC and Onyxia etc in Vanilla, not Classic.

Status update : 3 hour mark, skipped all cinematic and instances that I could - I'm just about to do the Blackwing part to get the cloak.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Blizzard is committed to tedium for whatever reason. The questline is interesting the first time, but alts make it hell. Blizz really don't want you playing alts, or maybe they think grinding is something people like. Based on MMO Champ replies, seems like people really do like doing the same story line over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its tedious, its long, its awfully buggy currently.
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.
    8.3. quest line is like a final shot in the head.

Its an essential fix to make it skippable on alts for the most part.
    Good, keep your shitty alts that you don't want to put any effort in to away from the game so that the rest of us can play it with people who actually devote some time to their characters instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am quite sure Essences were far more effective at killing alts than this quest line.
    Nah ... the intro quests for 8.2 were around 30 minutes long.

The intro quests for 8.3 - 4+ hours long.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Well - no, just killed alts for raiding for the rest of the patch.

The issue is that you can't catch up on this one.. there is no AK for cloak level etc etc. So you don't get to bring a new alt into a raid in 2 months time. The cloak's corruption/sanity resist doesn't have an equivalent in pre 8.3 stuff. So what if your neck was a few item levels too low, or you didn't have the right essence or azerite power. That just stunted your dps/healing.

The cloak is going to be the MC fire resist gear for the raid apparently....
    Is it only negative that people who have spent more time (and over a longer period) have a significant advantage over those just stepping in?
    I realize people feel differently about this, but personally I think that time is a very valuable currency in an MMO if it's done right, and WoW appears to have lost its way in this regard. I firmly believe that those who started earlier and put in more time (a combination of both) should have an advantage, and that you should only be able to catch up to some extent with alts. Do you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Is it only negative that people who have spent more time (and over a longer period) have a significant advantage over those just stepping in?
    This is different to the mechanics pre 8.3 mechanics had way shorter intro quests, with long play quests to improve the character.

Your cloak is the 'neck' piece of 8.3 ... you don't get it until you've done a VERY long intro quest line.

This isn't about being optimal quickly, it is about being able to participate quickly.

In 8.2, you got two level 1 essences and unlocked the essence system in under 30 minutes. From that point on your game play loop was unlocked and ready for participation.

Speaking of, where in the whole expansion questline do I need to be on my Alts before I can access any of this patches content?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed this questline is not really alt friendly... And, if I have not missed anything, we can only skip 2 quests... (first HoO scenario and the Nalaksha one)

Getting the "Legendary" cloak (using "s because theres nothing legendary about it lol) is not the issue AT ALL.

GETTING THE DAMN ESSENCES, then grinding all the reps, obtaining all required currencies, farming M+, farming PVP... and all that for MULTIPLE weeks in order to get rank 3 essence JUST SO YOU COULD COMPETE WITH OTHER CHARACTERS is WRONG!

And it killed ANY desire for me to play any alt for sure.

Like, I want to casually play arena @ 2-2.2k cr/mmr on my alts? Nope. Getting lucky with gear is just the beginning. You have to grind EVERYTHING all over again just so you could use ABILITIES (and not to have powerful stats).

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Indeed this questline is not really alt friendly... And, if I have not missed anything, we can only skip 2 quests... (first HoO scenario and the Nalaksha one)
    Just finished on my alt:

Start : 5pm-7pm local time (2hrs)
    Dinner : 7pm-7:45pm
    Finish : 7:45pm - 9:30pm (1hr45min)

Total : 3 hours 45 minutes That's skipping both skippable instances, skipping cinematics, skipping WQs and side quests, just doing the one horrific and normal vision required for the quest line. iLvl 440 Balance Druid alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Getting the "Legendary" cloak (using "s because theres nothing legendary about it lol) is not the issue AT ALL.

GETTING THE DAMN ESSENCES,
    You have it the wrong way around - the essences system is unlocked within no time, the cloak system takes almost 4 hours per alt.

After that - both systems required game play to unlock/improve/advance.

This is different to the mechanics pre 8.3 mechanics had way shorter intro quests, with long play quests to improve the character.

Your cloak is the 'neck' piece of 8.3 ... you don't get it until you've done a VERY long intro quest line.

This isn't about being optimal quickly, it is about being able to participate quickly.

In 8.2, you got two level 1 essences and unlocked the essence system in under 30 minutes. From that point on your game play loop was unlocked and ready for participation.
    I literally just quoted you on the "catch up" part, that has nothing to do with the intro quest. A one time quest that takes a few hours is not something that hinders alt participation what so ever. Genuinely, if you can't spend 2-4 hours on an alt before you step in to raids that alt doesn't belong in a raid in the first place. Not even in a Mythic dungeon to be honest.

Damn, you actually have to play alts?

Why did i make them in the first place????? I don't want to have to play my alts!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    This game won't be good again until they get rid of Ion. His lack of vision and horrible game design are killing WoW.
    Well he is doing well creating the whole game by himself, creating all the art and making all the music, doing all the dungeon and raid encounters.. Who knew the whole game was created by one person, I am surprised he has any time for anything else.. /sarc

Status update : 3 hour mark, skipped all cinematic and instances that I could - I'm just about to do the Blackwing part to get the cloak.
    I'm not sure what you are doing but I did it on my main in just over 2 hours last night (got home from work at 9pm and was in bed for 1115) I got upto the first mini vision that you had to close four portals.

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeDemonHunters View Post
    I'm not sure what you are doing
    The cloak quest line - timing from quest line start to questline end, nothing else in between, skipped both instances I could and all cinematics - (apart from dinner break as designated).... as fast as possible.

As before - the Uldum assault is the breaker - everything else is 10-15 minutes a pop, but that assault takes ages looking for stuff to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do you skip just curious ?

The cloak quest line - timing from quest line start to questline end, nothing else in between, skipped both instances I could and all cinematics - (apart from dinner break as designated).... as fast as possible.

As before - the Uldum assault is the breaker - everything else is 10-15 minutes a pop, but that assault takes ages looking for stuff to kill.
    You do the assault in 10-15.
    The side quest takes time, assault is extremely quick. 1% per non elite and like 10% for elites 15%+ per puzzle.

I just did it in 2 hours. Are you just waiting around near the Obelisk of the Stars in Uldum? There are lots of mobs, chests and event things south and east of the Halls of Origination that most people seem to be ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    You do the assault in 10-15.
    Nope .... not a chance... just the flying around the zone looking for stuff takes way longer than that.