Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But the more you have to stoop to mocking and berating it just shows that you're more and more losing the point you're trying to make anyway. The only one here who was misreading is you, as shown by your attempt to talk about artifact knowledge and heart of azeroth levels when I specifically referred to the +45 ilvls you got from the Champions of Azeroth rep.
    When people are trying to be so clever like you tried to and then proceeds to put words in my mouth and accuse me for strawman when that person does it himself three times over I tend to react. Sorry if you feel offended, but there was no better man in our discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    When people are trying to be so clever like you tried to and then proceeds to put words in my mouth and accuse me for strawman when that person does it himself three times over I tend to react. Sorry if you feel offended, but there was no better man in our discussion.
    I thought you said you were done?
    At no point did I try to act clever, this all started because I simply pointed out half of the scenarios aren't skippable, to which it was argued to death was is considered "half".

The scenarios don't let you skip story, as shown.
    You tried to argue that I said I wanted things done "easy" or "instantly", neither of which I said which I called a strawman. Which again, you have still not been able to show that I said I want things "easy" or "instant". You confuse discussions with desire. Discussing something does not mean I want it. Don't mistake the two. And that is why I said it was a strawman, because you started to argue with me about wanting it "easy" or "instant", neither of which I claimed.

And again, I did not put words in your mouth, I quoted you to ensure that you would see where I am coming from. Putting words in your mouth would be more along the lines of making things up, like, for example, saying you want something to be "easy" or "instant". /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought you said you were done?
    With the discussion yes. This was about behavior. But you can't stop it seems.

I have done with my main and two alts. I'm telling you this for ALTS, not def worth it and it's pretty stressful and tedious only if they could gone "I have done this before" Dialogue. That would be great but i'm doubting it will happen.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-01-18 at 07:21 AM.

I'd say 8.2 content is killing alts mroe than 8.3 is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    This won't be as big of a problem, considering they're timegating the max rank of the cloak. That way if you do 2-3 visions every week you'll already catch up next week.
    But in order to do that you have to farm 10.000k of Coalescent Visions (7k from lesser visions + 3k from olther sourcers) for just ONE run. If you fail is gone. Also you need Mementos...

This week we got 3 Items to enter in the Vision quite for free...

The dailys by now are mostly bugged, take long time due to low drop rate and low mobs respwan time. Considering the fact that the zone are not new, like Nazjatar and Meccagon was, this is a very lazy design for the last patch of this expantion.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Why play an alt if you don't want to play the same content on a different character? That's kinda what alts are, a "new game". WoW isn't a game with 36 specs for your character, it's a game where you choose your class.
    Because after 15 years you wanna play different classes... and if you are a collectors, you need at last one char per Factions: mount, pets, achievements, trasmog.

Also WoW is designed having the Alts in mind: Legion, Allied Races, Shadowland and the 4 Covenants...

So, if Blizzard consider the Alts as a part of the game and they wanna you invest your time in them (more you play, more you pay)... they have to think a better game design around them.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I'm sure this has been said already on this thread a bunch of times, but essences not being account wide killed alts. I would gladly do this quest chain if I had all of my essences. But ya know, Blizzard hates common sense and logic when it comes to our sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    I'm sure this has been said already on this thread a bunch of times, but essences not being account wide killed alts. I would gladly do this quest chain if I had all of my essences. But ya know, Blizzard hates common sense and logic when it comes to our sanity.
    I miss the days when gear was the only thing required.

You guys can not care about people who want skips for their alts if you want, but when you think to yourself "why aren't there any tanks or heals" I want you to remember your stance on alt skips. Some people are going to flat out not play their alts because of the length of the quest chain and you can "that's on them" if you want and you'd be right but it will also affect others as well
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    This won't be as big of a problem, considering they're timegating the max rank of the cloak. That way if you do 2-3 visions every week you'll already catch up next week.
    Until you get to the high ranks where you need more than 1 week's worth of keys, and once cloak rank maxes out at 15 there's no catchup at all for the upgrades from N'zoth.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    As you said, it might take an hour. A normally functional adult can not spend 5 hours a day just on alts in wow, for example, and 5 alts in a pretty average now a days I ´d say.
    No it's not average at all. I'd litterly say that spending 45 - 60 minuts on new content a day is pretty god damn good. Any less would be pathetic. U having been able to maintain 5 alts untill now, would not hurt u in 8.3 at all. you'd have the time to maintain them. If not. thank freaking god. If these daillies took about 10 minuts, that would be a big fat flop. You want alts? You work for it. It's realy that simple. If you can't, just don't. A game, should be a game at the end of the day. If you want free stuff with minimal effort. go play candy crush or something. Blizzard is already letting alts skip alot of the legendary quest line. And if you only do the lesser visions and greater assualt on your alt. you'll be able to do 2 visions a week. and that pretty much all your need, you won't even be able to progress your legendary cloak beyond 1 1 rank per week from next week onwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I suppose with the world first race, we will see how people actually do have alts to test mechanics.

Now...sure, those are maniacs...but on the other hand: If every one else has this problem with catching up alts...then certain you can raid with a group of catch up altoholics.

Unless ofc your goal is to bring your alts into the latest content so they can be as geared as your main.

Which opens up the debate of what is a main, what is an alt. Maybe I am more in the "I don't care" camp, because ever since Classic and in TBC I just could never bring an alt (gear / attunements). WotLK actually was the greatest time. my main raided progressively and my alts were in 10 man normal groups or did Naxx. At no point did I expect my alts to ever be able to enter the progression raid.

Sure, there were times when we lost important members and somebody geared an alt to take the role - but then the raid helped (and if sometimes means losing painful weeks of progression)

So...I guess most of all I am curious what exactly y'all are doing on your alts and expecting them to be able to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing that you joined in 2012, you must be aware that the very same thing was regularely said about Ghostcrawler. Seeing I joined here in 2008 (and was a lurker before), I can tell you the same thing was said about the lead devs before Ion and GC.

"Blizzard - killing the game since 2005 thanks to their "lack of vision and horrible game design" - sincerely your forum posters ^^
    It's more true now than it was then to be honest. Ghostcrawler i thought did a good job but it was Activision's interference that screwed it all up. Ion just isn't a game developer. He's a lawyer posing as one.

Well, I spent ages doing the chain on my main, because I did the side quests and dailies as I went. So today I grabbed an alt (ilevel 315) and went through, doing the main questline only. 3-1/2 hours in and I got into the first actual vision. At that point the game dumped me out with a "Your gametime has expired" message (5 minutes earlier it had said "You have 30 minutes of gametime left"), so I called it a day. I'm sure with practice and focus that could come down to 3 hours, but all that travelling takes a lot of time, and the assaults aren't fast either, especially if your ilevel isn't 8.2 high m+ or mythic raid level.

That's a lot of time to spend just to be able to do the new content. Compare with Timeless Isle where you could just turn up and do it, and tokens were so common that you alts could have a full set of armour immediately. Even Tanaan (which I didn't much like) was more alt friendly than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seriously. These are the same people that apparently do have the time to level 50 alts but then complain about a relatively short quest chain.

Playerbase doesn't even know what it wants anymore. Most people just shake their fist at the sky and complain about _________.
    Take your time and realize that different people complain about different things.

A 3 hour quest chain in a patch that will last ~a year, that rewards an orange item you will be using and gradually upgrading throughout the patch, that has the most alt-friendly catchup mechanic we've probably ever seen is alt-unfriendly?

8.3 in itself is incredibly alt-friendly as all the content takes minimal amount of time to complete.

It's really not. Having a great lump of time be spent opening content (and remember a new L120 has to open the 8.2 content first) before you can engage the content is junk, even if the rest is supposedly quick and easy (note - by previous standards it's not especially).

So...spending 2 hours to get BIS item for the slot is what killing alts?
    Half of that time is visions. So doing visions is killing alts? What if they give us that cloak for free so we can upgrade it...by doing visions?
    Interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    It's at the MOP portals in SW/Org for Uldum and for Vale take the Jade Forest portal from SW/Org.
    Yeah, that I knew, takes way too long to get anywhere
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Yeah, that I knew, takes way too long to get anywhere
    30 seconds is too long to fly?
    You want a teleport from mob to mob too, maybe a instakill button well we're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dikka View Post
    So...spending 2 hours to get BIS item for the slot is what killing alts?
    Playing the game is killing alts. Its not fair that we should have to play the game. /s