Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

8.3 quest line just killed alts

Its tedious, its long, its awfully buggy currently.
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.
    8.3. quest line is like a final shot in the head.

Its an essential fix to make it skippable on alts for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Essences alone along with Nazjatar and Mechagon farm and rep farm were enough obstacles to face while gearing alts.

Are you dumb? For real the most tedious parts of the chain can be skipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you dumb? For real the most tedious parts of the chain can be skipped.
    Which parts would those be? I just started on my alt and after doing the uldum assault I'm not sure if I should continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Which parts would those be? I just started on my alt and after doing the uldum assault I'm not sure if I should continue.
    Every scenario can be skipped until you obtain your Legendary cloak. If you don't want to invest a little bit of time into the toon then maybe you shouldn't play it alt or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every scenario can be skipped until you obtain your Legendary cloak. If you don't want to invest a little bit of time into the toon then maybe you shouldn't play it alt or not.
    Thx for the info didn't realize that. I was just blasting through quest accepts to speed things up I must have missed the option

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    for real? does it only count same faction? only done it on one of each faction so far and didn't notice it on the second toon. was seriously dreading HOO scenario repeats after the sun prophet killed me on a WW monk which has more 'oh shit!' buttons than most any other classes. and he's pretty decently geared being a boosted toon. slightly better than or near the same as all of my other alts.

so can anyone point out exactly where to expect the skip option(s) please?
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2020-01-16 at 05:38 AM.

Why play an alt if you don't want to play the same content on a different character? That's kinda what alts are, a "new game". WoW isn't a game with 36 specs for your character, it's a game where you choose your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Some times I feel like I should be an old man shaking my fist at the youngins and going

“in my day you had to clear old raids every week to get your legendary cape on alts not so some Mansy pansy quest, and you couldn’t skip any of it!”

Either way this will likely be the easier legendary to get (not counting legion) so I don’t see the point in complaining about a few quest.
    You still do, there's nothing special about the 470 legendary, if you go from a 435 azerite piece to a 450 thats a bigger upgrade than a 430->470 lego cloak. the grind comes in where you need to get that lego cloak to 498, then do another 25 upgrades ontop of that!

And i only intend to have 1-3 lego cloaks from BfA i made 5 in MoP so i understand the grind well! Also MoP came with a sexy ass lego meta gem!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    You still do, there's nothing special about the 470 legendary, if you go from a 435 azerite piece to a 450 thats a bigger upgrade than a 430->470 lego cloak. the grind comes in where you need to get that lego cloak to 498, then do another 25 upgrades ontop of that!

And i only intend to have 1-3 lego cloaks from BfA i made 5 in MoP so i understand the grind well! Also MoP came with a sexy ass lego meta gem!
    I would assume people complaining about having to do a quest on alts wouldn’t be raiders in the first place outside of Mabye lfr. Or it could just be my experience as I know the people I raided with would have loved to just do a quest line to get the legendary cape instead of having to say do lfr on each one hoping for the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

mop cloak was do LFR until you collected enough drops

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

- It takes 2 hours on your first char to get a cloak you'll keep for several months
    - You can skip some parts, like the Mogushan Palace part
    - Every assault completion is quite fast if you don't want to complete every damn daily
    - The first horrific visions to upgrade the cloak (in which you just have to kill the boss) takes 2 minutes

Getting this legendary is INFINITELY faster than getting the cloak in MoP or the ring in WoD. If you can't be arsed to spend less than two hours on an alt for some back and forth running whille watching a stream/Netflix to get an item you'll keep till the end of the expac, you're so fucking lazy it boggles my mind.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-01-16 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    mop cloak was do LFR until you collected enough drops
    MoP cloak was do heroic/normal clears for me, which i was doing anyway, so thats zero time required meaning it took less effort ^^.

But overall the MoP legendary questline going all x-pac was much better told than this 2 hour garbage that i hated and most people on my friends list hated as well.

I'd take another MoP questline over this 2 hour crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't rush through it all in one day? I mean this is exactly why people bitch that there is no content...because they rush through it and complain when it's done.

Do you gear up and raid with every character? If not then there is no reason to get it all done on all characters in one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the whole package making playing alts tedious? Grind neck level + grind essences + grind corruption resistance?
    Starting a fresh character right now and bringing it up to speed with the above on a somewhat equal level as your main will take quite some time, even if you decide just to get the 3 or 4 essences you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Isn't the whole package making playing alts tedious? Grind neck level + grind essences + grind corruption resistance?
    Starting a fresh character right now and bringing it up to speed with the above on a somewhat equal level as your main will take quite some time, even if you decide just to get the 3 or 4 essences you really need.
    The AP requirements have been considerably lowered. Before the patch it took around 62k to go from 70 to 71, now it takes 17k.

Yes, it's the questline that killed alts. Not the artifact neck grind or the essence grind or the legendary cloak grind or the corrupted bonus grind. No, it's the 1 time quest that killed alts, truly.

"Dull quests" is a core ability of the WoW developers. I really wished they would start to learn how to design fun world content.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game won't be good again until they get rid of Ion. His lack of vision and horrible game design are killing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Why play an alt if you don't want to play the same content on a different character? That's kinda what alts are, a "new game". WoW isn't a game with 36 specs for your character, it's a game where you choose your class.
    I want to play the same fun content on alts, like raids and M+. I don't particularly want to repeat the boring content, and luckily in the case of the 8.3 questline I can skip some of that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU