Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW is copying the worst part of FF14

With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.

Quest chain consists of a few "fly there and talk to that guy" quests.

OP:
    "countless hours of linear fetch quests"

No they are copying FF14, this type have been in Wow before FF14 even was created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.
    So unsub and find something else to play. Problem solved.

It ain't a copy but even if it was, let me correct you by saying it's the best part of FF14. You may carry on crying over nothing now.

come on, be fair, q lines like that were in wow since vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Quest chain consists of a few "fly there and talk to that guy" quests.

OP:
    "countless hours of linear fetch quests"
    Wouldn't be MMO-Champion without the hyperbole, now would it?

Another person who hasnt played xiv past 50. Its not countless hours of fetch quests - its finally decent story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    come on, be fair, q lines like that were in wow since vanilla
    Remember Linken? Back and forth from Un'goro to Winterspring and back 15 times? Or the quests in the salt flats in Thousand Needles that took you to the Barrens, Stranglethorn, Orgrimmar, the Badlands, and probably more places I've forgotten?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Remember Linken? Back and forth from Un'goro to Winterspring and back 15 times? Or the quests in the salt flats in Thousand Needles that took you to the Barrens, Stranglethorn, Orgrimmar, the Badlands, and probably more places I've forgotten?
    Those quest lines were mandatory? Strange, I didn't realize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illuriax View Post
    Another person who hasnt played xiv past 50. Its not countless hours of fetch quests - its finally decent story telling.
    The only people who care about the "story" in bad asian MMOs are weeaboos. Most people play games for gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chain questes were always like that now you realize it ? XD

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Chain questes were always like that now you realize it ? XD
    False. What made WoW different is that it was open-ended with multiple paths of progression. Now they're introducing this jap crap inherent to FF14 of endless linear messenger boy fetch quests that are mandatory to progress your character. They've also gone with the "chosen one" paradigm, instead of just being an insignificant adventurer in a bigger world.
    Last edited by Vinzora; 2020-01-16 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    #nochanges

Oh wait, this isnt about Classic? What?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuriax View Post
    Who would want to play garbage during 50 levels to finnaly have some supposed decent content?
    I tried the game 3 times. And nope. Garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It ain't a copy but even if it was, let me correct you by saying it's the best part of FF14. You may carry on crying over nothing now.
    You forgot "imo". The story line in Ff14 is hot garbage.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    You got it...right!

False. What made WoW different is that it was open-ended with multiple paths of progression. Now they're introducing this jap crap inherent to FF14 of endless linear messenger boy fetch quests that are mandatory to progress your character. They've also gone with the "chosen one" paradigm, instead of just being an insignificant adventurer in a bigger world.
    Some people really hate the idea of travel.
    In your ideal world, dungeons would be in one room with no trash, no travel time and some bosses. Well, we had that, it was called "Trial of the Crusader". It was bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Some people really hate the idea of travel.
    In your ideal world, dungeons would be in one room with no trash, no travel time and some bosses. Well, we had that, it was called "Trial of the Crusader". It was bullshit.
    Actually I think we can blame the pro-flyers for this. They wanted flying to skip boring world content fast and they expected Blizzard to just comply? This is how Blizzard punishes us, by making us fly back and forth across entire CONTINENTS repeatedly. Mount, hold space bar, auto-run in one direction, tab out. Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wouldn't be MMO-Champion without the hyperbole, now would it?
    I mean in FF14's case its quite literally true lol the questing is 10x worse than WoW if you can believe it. You spend more time teleporting back and forth to retarded NPCs for a few lines of boring text while your dumbass character endlessly nods than doing anything else.

WoW has always had tedious quests that required you to go to the other side of the world, talk to one guy, then go back. Did you not play Vanilla?

The amount of runs you do from Gadgetzan to Shimmering Flats Raceway just to get the next part of some quest that you complete on another continent is seared into my brain. And there were loads of these.