Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    WoW is copying the worst part of FF14

    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.

  2. #2
    Quest chain consists of a few "fly there and talk to that guy" quests.

    OP:
    "countless hours of linear fetch quests"

  3. #3
    No they are copying FF14, this type have been in Wow before FF14 even was created.

  4. #4
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.
    So unsub and find something else to play. Problem solved.

  5. #5
    It ain't a copy but even if it was, let me correct you by saying it's the best part of FF14. You may carry on crying over nothing now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.
    come on, be fair, q lines like that were in wow since vanilla

  7. #7
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Quest chain consists of a few "fly there and talk to that guy" quests.

    OP:
    "countless hours of linear fetch quests"
    Wouldn't be MMO-Champion without the hyperbole, now would it?

  8. #8
    Another person who hasnt played xiv past 50. Its not countless hours of fetch quests - its finally decent story telling.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    come on, be fair, q lines like that were in wow since vanilla
    Remember Linken? Back and forth from Un'goro to Winterspring and back 15 times? Or the quests in the salt flats in Thousand Needles that took you to the Barrens, Stranglethorn, Orgrimmar, the Badlands, and probably more places I've forgotten?
    One of the most difficult things for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Remember Linken? Back and forth from Un'goro to Winterspring and back 15 times? Or the quests in the salt flats in Thousand Needles that took you to the Barrens, Stranglethorn, Orgrimmar, the Badlands, and probably more places I've forgotten?
    Those quest lines were mandatory? Strange, I didn't realize.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Illuriax View Post
    Another person who hasnt played xiv past 50. Its not countless hours of fetch quests - its finally decent story telling.
    The only people who care about the "story" in bad asian MMOs are weeaboos. Most people play games for gameplay.

  11. #11
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Quest chain consists of a few "fly there and talk to that guy" quests.

    OP:
    "countless hours of linear fetch quests"
    Also I interpret OP as: This is now the only thing and everything in WoW ^^ I learned this new word a few years back and I am glad I can use it almost every day on this forum with gusto "Hyperbole"

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,009
    Chain questes were always like that now you realize it ? XD

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Chain questes were always like that now you realize it ? XD
    False. What made WoW different is that it was open-ended with multiple paths of progression. Now they're introducing this jap crap inherent to FF14 of endless linear messenger boy fetch quests that are mandatory to progress your character. They've also gone with the "chosen one" paradigm, instead of just being an insignificant adventurer in a bigger world.
    Last edited by Vinzora; 2020-01-16 at 10:24 AM.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,555
    #nochanges

    Oh wait, this isnt about Classic? What?
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    8,891
    The main story is one of the best things about FF14 I WISH blizz would actually try to copy their success in that department, cuz the storytelling we be getting in WoW.....yikes!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuriax View Post
    Another person who hasnt played xiv past 50. Its not countless hours of fetch quests - its finally decent story telling.
    Who would want to play garbage during 50 levels to finnaly have some supposed decent content?
    I tried the game 3 times. And nope. Garbage.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Phurox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Garrison, Frostfire Ridge
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It ain't a copy but even if it was, let me correct you by saying it's the best part of FF14. You may carry on crying over nothing now.
    You forgot "imo". The story line in Ff14 is hot garbage.

  18. #18
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5
    You got it...right!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.
    Calm down with the drama there Karen

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    False. What made WoW different is that it was open-ended with multiple paths of progression. Now they're introducing this jap crap inherent to FF14 of endless linear messenger boy fetch quests that are mandatory to progress your character. They've also gone with the "chosen one" paradigm, instead of just being an insignificant adventurer in a bigger world.
    Some people really hate the idea of travel.
    In your ideal world, dungeons would be in one room with no trash, no travel time and some bosses. Well, we had that, it was called "Trial of the Crusader". It was bullshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •