Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Some people really hate the idea of travel.
    In your ideal world, dungeons would be in one room with no trash, no travel time and some bosses. Well, we had that, it was called "Trial of the Crusader". It was bullshit.
    Actually I think we can blame the pro-flyers for this. They wanted flying to skip boring world content fast and they expected Blizzard to just comply? This is how Blizzard punishes us, by making us fly back and forth across entire CONTINENTS repeatedly. Mount, hold space bar, auto-run in one direction, tab out. Fun.

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wouldn't be MMO-Champion without the hyperbole, now would it?
    I mean in FF14's case its quite literally true lol the questing is 10x worse than WoW if you can believe it. You spend more time teleporting back and forth to retarded NPCs for a few lines of boring text while your dumbass character endlessly nods than doing anything else.
    LOL

    ♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

    I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.

  3. #23
    WoW has always had tedious quests that required you to go to the other side of the world, talk to one guy, then go back. Did you not play Vanilla?

    The amount of runs you do from Gadgetzan to Shimmering Flats Raceway just to get the next part of some quest that you complete on another continent is seared into my brain. And there were loads of these.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    WoW has always had tedious quests that required you to go to the other side of the world, talk to one guy, then go back. Did you not play Vanilla?

    The amount of runs you do from Gadgetzan to Shimmering Flats Raceway just to get the next part of some quest that you complete on another continent is seared into my brain. And there were loads of these.
    The point is none of that was mandatory, it was just one of multiple paths of progression with more things you could do inbetween. This long linear messenger boy quest line as a pre-requisite to play a patch is something new.

  5. #25
    The Patient Texan Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The freezer.
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The main story is one of the best things about FF14 I WISH blizz would actually try to copy their success in that department, cuz the storytelling we be getting in WoW.....yikes!
    Agreed.

    I always say that if they were to nuke WoW and rebuild it from the ground up, they should use FFXIV as a storytelling model. One continuous story to follow from Vanilla to Shadowlands and beyond.

    With FFXIV I felt like every quest was meaningful. I understood why I was out killing things. I felt like I was a character living in this world and not just a battle droid with skin and a sapient brain.
    Now Playing: Pokemon White, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Super Mario Odyssey, Mass Effect, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda: OoT

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Those quest lines were mandatory? Strange, I didn't realize.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The only people who care about the "story" in bad asian MMOs are weeaboos. Most people play games for gameplay.
    It's a video game, nothing in it is mandatory. Nice goalpost moving attempt, though.
    -- Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No they are copying FF14, this type have been in Wow before FF14 even was created.
    Very much this.

    People seem to forget how utterly DISGUSTING WoW's questing could be in the past.

    Want to torture yourself for a bit? Go quest in Hellfire Peninsula.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Who would want to play garbage during 50 levels to finnaly have some supposed decent content?
    You mean like how WoW has 120 levels of boring tedious gameplay before you finally get to something fun? Good question, who would play that?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It's a video game, nothing in it is mandatory. Nice goalpost moving attempt, though.
    The point is that single-player world content has always been boring besides world pvp. That should be a side activity, not the main feature. The bread and butter of WoW and reason people play is mythic+, raids, and BGs/arenas. Locking these parts of the game behind boring-as-hell unengaging single player quests is bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You mean like how WoW has 120 levels of boring tedious gameplay before you finally get to something fun? Good question, who would play that?
    In WoW you can level in so many different ways. You can even PVP your way to 120. In FF14 you're forced to play messenger boy for 300 hours before you get to the good part supposedly.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    by making us fly back and forth across entire CONTINENTS repeatedly. Mount, hold space bar, auto-run in one direction, tab out. Fun.
    You can literally use portals to get to the neighbouring zone. Hell, you even have a flight path in Pandaria to get to the Vale. If you are flying across entire continents, you are doing it wrong.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    The point is none of that was mandatory, it was just one of multiple paths of progression with more things you could do inbetween. This long linear messenger boy quest line as a pre-requisite to play a patch is something new.
    you didnt do vanilla class quests did you?
    definitely not the shaman totem ones, where it WAS MANDATORY and it took you on the trip around world that took far longer than this patch story, and not once but more times... same for demon q for warlocks, and im sure those werent the only classes (i wouldnt know as i get only those to max lvl back then) soo... you are 15 years later with this complain

  12. #32
    Outside of the fact that this complaint makes zero sense since this is something that has been a part of WoW since the dawn of time, I can't help but feel like the real purpose of this thread was for the OP to share his mildly racist, xenophobic hatred of Japanese culture.

  13. #33
    fetch quests were a shit ton worse in vanilla and even TBC imo... sure it was "optional" if you wanted to grind levels, but vanilla also less story centric. At least, for the most part, they ported you around the world. It also fits the story for traveling so much. Player power status/power creep has been a thing since forever now as well, esp in WoD -> current.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    With patch 8.3 it seems Blizzard has taken inspiration from the worst aspect of FF14; the linear Main Story Quest system which consists of countless hours of linear fetch quests that require you to travel halfway across the world to talk to someone and back like a glorified messenger boy. That crap made me instantly uninstall FF14 with disgust. It's sad that WoW is now copying crappy asian MMOs, when WoW used to be the paragon that all other games in the industry tried to copy.
    Um, this was basically Classic questing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Outside of the fact that this complaint makes zero sense since this is something that has been a part of WoW since the dawn of time, I can't help but feel like the real purpose of this thread was for the OP to share his mildly racist, xenophobic hatred of Japanese culture.
    This honestly.

  15. #35
    These quest you have described were a staple in vanilla

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So unsub and find something else to play. Problem solved.
    This could be said every single day on this forum. Imagine playing and paying for a game you don't enjoy just to moan about it. Strange.

  17. #37
    I would recommend you to go play classic and do the tier 0.5 quest chains. you will learn what travel around the world and back really means

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    False. What made WoW different is that it was open-ended with multiple paths of progression. Now they're introducing this jap crap inherent to FF14 of endless linear messenger boy fetch quests that are mandatory to progress your character. They've also gone with the "chosen one" paradigm, instead of just being an insignificant adventurer in a bigger world.
    It has taken you... 10 years to realise they took this path?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    These quest you have described were a staple in vanilla
    Y'all still don't get it. Single-player questing is the WORST part of WoW and most just see it as a chore or side-activity. The fact that Blizzard is choosing to emphasize the worst part of the game instead of the best (M+, raids, pvp) is very worrying and shows they have some low IQ people in charge. And now they're aiming to put more focus on single player stuff in the next expansion? They must be smoking some heavy stuff.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    And now they're aiming to put more focus on single player stuff in the next expansion?
    Where are you getting that from?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •