Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    It's come to be targeted at people who can afford it, playing totally for free now is not fun at all in any way shape or form.
    I'm playing it totally free and have for years. I can afford any deck and card I want and always have the key legendaries every season as well as buy every adventure with gold. I feel it's more fun like this as I've actually earned everything instead of just using a shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I'm playing it totally free and have for years. I can afford any deck and card I want and always have the key legendaries every season as well as buy every adventure with gold. I feel it's more fun like this as I've actually earned everything instead of just using a shortcut.
    I'm in the same boat but been playing since beta. However, as a long time MtG player, I find making my own decks fun. I don't go to site to find the FotM decks then whine that it costs to much. I also excitement with no legendary decks all the time and do fairly well. Obviously those cards are powerful and give advantages over not using them. But if everyone's goal it to reach legendary rank, or whatever the top is now, then one has to either spend money, or time to get gold to buy packs for cards to use or DE.

This is no different than any CCG. If you come to the table late or a new set is released, you need money, or in HS case, time.

Lmao people saying it doesent matter

An expensive deck will destroy cheap/gimmicky decks. Priest has some absolutely insane cards that are expensive. Good luck finding a replacement for any incarnation of alextrasza

«But people reach legend with cheap decks», yes pros and extremely skilled players. But you can also out dps your entire team as a mercy in overwatch if you’re good enough. This is afterall a fairly casual game and I think it should reflect that.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Lmao people saying it doesent matter

An expensive deck will destroy cheap/gimmicky decks. Priest has some absolutely insane cards that are expensive. Good luck finding a replacement for any incarnation of alextrasza

«But people reach legend with cheap decks», yes pros and extremely skilled players. But you can also out dps your entire team as a mercy in overwatch if you’re good enough. This is afterall a fairly casual game and I think it should reflect that.
    You can easily discover Alex though with so many "discover a dragon" cards. This season has too much RNG.

That being said though, what makes you think playing for free means you have to settle for cheap cards? I play only 1-10 games every day, usually while eating lunch and before sleep in bed and get maybe 30-60 packs per month. That's on average at least 160 packs every expansion. More than enough to get everything except for meme legendaries and I keep all the golden cards I get and never disenchant stuff unless I have more than 2.

Blizzard has secretly nerfed the quest.

If you reroll 60g, you get 50 gold.
    The 80 gold quest is gone.

just a l2p issue i climbed with a 4k dust deck to 700~ legend on a fresh asia smurf last month by dissenchantig the free cards you get, you get 80% of the strongest deck in game DH for free and buy the rest for 4k dust
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-05-22 at 03:28 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I was forced to stop playing back in 2016, I missed two expansions and I realised that it would cost me near a fortune to catch up. So I just stopped altogether.

Also the way I feel about virtual card games today compared to back in 2013 - 2016 is entirely different. I am very against virtual card games. And I openly regret spending so much on Hearthstone back then.

I would probably play again if Blizzard just gave you all the cards each expansion. But we know why they do not do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I was forced to stop playing back in 2016, I missed two expansions and I realised that it would cost me near a fortune to catch up. So I just stopped altogether.

Also the way I feel about virtual card games today compared to back in 2013 - 2016 is entirely different. I am very against virtual card games. And I openly regret spending so much on Hearthstone back then.

I would probably play again if Blizzard just gave you all the cards each expansion. But we know why they do not do that
    i stopped playing after they went the way of the $$$ and started retiring card sets. also i came back once and found a good number of legendaries (around a dozen) had been "accidently" deleted. as in cards i know for certain i had crafted prior were just straight up gone. i uninstalled and NEVER returned.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i stopped playing after they went the way of the $$$ and started retiring card sets. also i came back once and found a good number of legendaries (around a dozen) had been "accidently" deleted. as in cards i know for certain i had crafted prior were just straight up gone. i uninstalled and NEVER returned.
    I wasnt aware they even did that? That's slimy :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I wasnt aware they even did that? That's slimy :O
    i looked it up afterwards and apparently it's an error that can occur on the user's end. and blizzard won't refund any cards that get lost.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

For a new player, most certainly. The monthly upkeep is something a lot of players are willing to put up with, since the game is still pretty great. But, to catch up is almost impossible. How could you justify paying $300+ to catch up in a game you might not enjoy long term. That's why my advice would be to play the Wild format instead, if you are new to the game, and build it up slowly from there on a budget. It's far more fun, and the expansion cost is far, far lower.

Quote Originally Posted by AceGameGuides View Post
    For a new player, most certainly. The monthly upkeep is something a lot of players are willing to put up with, since the game is still pretty great. But, to catch up is almost impossible. How could you justify paying $300+ to catch up in a game you might not enjoy long term. That's why my advice would be to play the Wild format instead, if you are new to the game, and build it up slowly from there on a budget. It's far more fun, and the expansion cost is far, far lower.
    I started maybe 2 years ago and haven't spend any money at all on it. I can afford to craft any deck I want now, especially considering I never dust golden cards and keep them even if they're useless. If you play a lot and are decent at arenas, you can easily get tons of free gold and cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    redpill me on the new progression system. is it BETTER or WORSE than the previous simple quest=gold rewards

does a casual playing 3 games a day benefit from it or the opposite???
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Not for me. I am 100% f2p player.

I am aware I will not be able to craft all/best decks but usually I can craft 1 deck each expansion. Not for climbing ladder but more for having fun. I can get to Diamond and maybe if I was really consistent I could get to legend. It would be nice but it's nothing I can't live without.

5+ Year Old Account
    No it’s not. You can also pretty much roll on free mode. They just don’t have the cards I would like. Maybe next expansion. It doesn’t matter I only play occasionally to have good laugh. I just bought Medivh and he is fun as hell.

I don't know if this is still viable but when I first started playing HS I concentrated on getting good at arena and earned my collection through that. Obviously it has its random element to it but if you study guides, know which are the best picks and play to your advantages you can really do well out of it. Now I'm at the point where I have loads of dust and gold so I don't really bother with it.

So I reinstalled it (haven't played for two years+) and was surprised af:

Game is dead, very little amount of people (compared to it's heyday) play it, of that tiny amount - even less people play constructed - on twitch it's battlegrounds only. Yet pack price is still bonkers, one pack still gives 40 dust, MONTHLY rewards give one... one epic card, when you need 16 epic cards to craft a legendary. There's 60%+ win rate deck (and as I understand paladin was nerfed lol... but yea, they basically reduced hp to 22, what the fuck were they thinking when people always have complained about aggro - and they make aggro more powerful with making 22hp the default). A fucking dumbster fire lol.

Damn blizzard. Blizzard is dead like Hearthstone. The only reason Diablo 2 Remastered is good, it's because it's not Blizzard that is remaking it lol.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

Game is dead, very little amount of people (compared to it's heyday) play it, of that tiny amount - even less people play constructed - on twitch it's battlegrounds only. Yet pack price is still bonkers, one pack still gives 40 dust, MONTHLY rewards give one... one epic card, when you need 16 epic cards to craft a legendary. There's 60%+ win rate deck (and as I understand paladin was nerfed lol... but yea, they basically reduced hp to 22, what the fuck were they thinking when people always have complained about aggro - and they make aggro more powerful with making 22hp the default). A fucking dumbster fire lol.

Damn blizzard. Blizzard is dead like Hearthstone. The only reason Diablo 2 Remastered is good, it's because it's not Blizzard that is remaking it lol.
    There's a difference between being critical, and flat out misinforming to try to bash on a game.

The game is still really popular, source, grew from last expansion even.

Monthly rewards scale on how high of a rank you get, which wasn't even a thing to begin with. It added an extra source of cards overall to earn.

If you think decks with 60% win rate are abnormal in card games, I don't know what to tell you though.

I don't think you even played if you think the HP is 22 by default...or you played one of the sidemodes.

The game is more accessible than ever. They even flat out sell you meta decks now, which aren't that far off from most constructed deck prices when it comes to card games in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a difference between being critical, and flat out misinforming to try to bash on a game.

The game is still really popular, source, grew from last expansion even.

Monthly rewards scale on how high of a rank you get, which wasn't even a thing to begin with. It added an extra source of cards overall to earn.

If you think decks with 60% win rate are abnormal in card games, I don't know what to tell you though.

I don't think you even played if you think the HP is 22 by default...or you played one of the sidemodes.

The game is more accessible than ever. They even flat out sell you meta decks now, which aren't that far off from most constructed deck prices when it comes to card games in general.
    https://hsreplay.net/meta/ you think every expansion since launch there were 62% win decks for this long???? I'm done.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

i hope its dead. its not the company we knew. also fc diablo 2