Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You got anything to back it up though? Not saying they don't but please don't come here and just say "wrong" without providing the receipt for why it's wrong.
    Personal experience with those rewards. I recieved ONE 425, ONE 430, ONE 435 and ONE 440. Rest have been same or lesser itemlevel than what I am currently wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Gear comes from almost anything you do in game. Unless you're only playing 5% of what this game has to offer, you would be 420 without even trying. My boosted rogue hit 416 in like two weeks before I abandon it because combat is a shit spec..
    Combat is a shit spec? :O My alt rogue (my main rogue is playing assa) is somewhat undergeared, and did two side areas with cloak level ONE. Granted, it was very close, and required insane luck with RtB, but he did it, while my assa rogue almost 20ilvls higher struggled with it

Though funnily enough next run on outlaw, despite having 10% higher dmg from research, I couldn't make it Well, I always call outlaw lotto spec, with good RtB rolls some insane things are possible, with bad rolls...I guess your "shit spec" is accurate then :P
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Combat is a shit spec? :O My alt rogue (my main rogue is playing assa) is somewhat undergeared, and did two side areas with cloak level ONE. Granted, it was very close, and required insane luck with RtB, but he did it, while my assa rogue almost 20ilvls higher struggled with it

Though funnily enough next run on outlaw, despite having 10% higher dmg from research, I couldn't make it Well, I always call outlaw lotto spec, with good RtB rolls some insane things are possible, with bad rolls...I guess your "shit spec" is accurate then :P
    It's a shit spec because it isn't fun, numbers and utility wise it's great, and the problem mostly lies in RtB, if you get lucky it's great and getting a full roll feels fun when it rarely happens, but then you go an entire world rare just rerolling and never getting good buffs and it just sucks. The amount of RNG makes it shit.

I've been considering farming dagger to go assassin, but I started playing a monk so I kind of dropped that rogue outside of mog farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Personal experience with those rewards. I recieved ONE 425, ONE 430, ONE 435 and ONE 440. Rest have been same or lesser itemlevel than what I am currently wearing.
    Not seeing any evidence mate, so you have yet to prove it wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't DPS ... it is health. Now I have way more sanity protection - I will have time to sit and eat a few times which will help.
    get a group, 4dps and a tank make it ez pz.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

From my armory. That's all you need to know. Things do drop at lower levels than you claim, proving your statement wrong. You are not guaranteed a 445 from the cache.

Edit:
    Also did the new cache. No gear at all, not guaranteed 445.
    Last edited by Throwme; 2020-01-19 at 05:29 AM.

If you really care just go do it on an alt that's not already geared and you'll see. At least some of the rewards you're talking about scale to 440, they're not guaranteed 440.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all we got in this patch is some daily quest and a raid. Took some old zone added a few eyeballs and some tentacles make the sky dark and purple then 2 rep grinds on a cape grind and 1 raid and call it content LOL. this patch is not fun im not having fun grinding visions and daily's i sure hope the raid is fun because so far none of this has not been fun to me.
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2020-01-19 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, that's really cool until you realize that you need keys to do visions. And the higher ranks require more than 1 week's worth of keys.
    My point was that you can't fall behind by taking risks and failing to complete a vision.
    Last edited by Twdft; 2020-01-19 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    My point was that you can't fall behind by taking risks and failing to complete a vision.
    And you're wrong, because if you're not stockpiling excess keys from the beginning, you're behind because later weeks will take you longer.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And you're wrong, because if you're not stockpiling excess keys from the beginning, you're behind because later weeks will take you longer.
    The cape max level is raised by one per week.
    We can at most stockpile 5 in bags plus 2 in currency not spent.

Why do we NEEEEEEED to stockpile from the beginning, if we are capable of farming enough when we get closer to the final cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The cape max level is raised by one per week.
    We can at most stockpile 5 in bags plus 2 in currency not spent.

Why do we NEEEEEEED to stockpile from the beginning, if we are capable of farming enough when we get closer to the final cap?
    Because some weeks take more runs than you can farm normally in said week. If you start every week at 0 Visions, you will eventually hit a level that takes you two weeks to complete instead of one. By stockpiling from weeks that only require one run, you bypass the extra weeks because you have extra.

You can always farm Visions for hours and hours and hours from mobs/chests if you really want but that sounds like a terribly boring waste of time.

People should care about other people. Mythic guilds already reach unhealthy levels of farming, adding cloak on top of that would be insane.

For instance, a friend of mine was watching Method (If I remember correctly) farm island expeditions for azerite, they were well over 150 runs for that session alone. That's just for neck level, there's still m+ farming in the new season before raiding like 18 hours a day for a week+.
    And why is that a problem for you? Why can you not let other people have fun the way they chose to?
    Saying "its unhealthy" is their problem, not yours and not Blizzards.

You can always farm Visions for hours and hours and hours from mobs/chests if you really want but that sounds like a terribly boring waste of time.
    which.... kinda weird but hey to each their own.

Thank you for understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And why is that a problem for you? Why can you not let other people have fun the way they chose to?
    Saying "its unhealthy" is their problem, not yours and not Blizzards.
    Things called compassion and empathy. Sadly a thing a lot of people lack these days.

People are welcome to have fun however they want, but that doesn't mean people should enable or encourage dangerous ways to have fun, Blizzard knows how hard their hardcore raiders go, and basically saved them from themselves. It was the right move.

Idiotic kids had "fun" doing the tide pod challenge. Should I not speak out about how unhealthy it was because "let them have fun however they want"?

I already know your answer, I just wanted to apply your logic to a different, also terribly unhealthy way that people have fun to make a point.

Things called compassion and empathy. Sadly a thing a lot of people lack these days.

People are welcome to have fun however they want, but that doesn't mean people should enable or encourage dangerous ways to have fun, Blizzard knows how hard their hardcore raiders go, and basically saved them from themselves. It was the right move.

Idiotic kids had "fun" doing the tide pod challenge. Should I not speak out about how unhealthy it was because "let them have fun however they want"?

I already know your answer, I just wanted to apply your logic to a different, also terribly unhealthy way that people have fun to make a point.
    1. Pushing the cloak to level 6 (or even 10) is really not what I would consider a "hardcore raider"

2. Its still not of your business, even if people chose to eat tidepots. If thats what they chose to do - let them be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    1. Pushing the cloak to level 6 (or even 10) is really not what I would consider a "hardcore raider"

2. Its still not of your business, even if people chose to eat tidepots. If thats what they chose to do - let them be.
    1. How is this relevant to anything I said. Do you even understand how much time it would take to push past rank 6 this week?

2. Your complete disregard for the health of other is pretty sad. I get the whole people should do what they want thing, I'm not saying I'd stop a kid from eating a tide pod, I'm basically just saying we shouldn't encourage/enable it. Very different. People are free to be as stupid and unhealthy as they want, but people shouldn't encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    How is everybody getting the 60k tokens to go in already? I got stuck after 30k plus the 1 free entrance from the reward, and I've done everything both days. Are you really farming the chests that much or am I missing something?
    If you've done everything available you should have a vessel from:

• Vale of Eternal Blossom Assault (This week is a guaranteed Vessel, next week should be Uldum as it is wherever the major assault is)
    • Wrathion gives you 10k to purchase a vessel before continuing on (Make sure you are below 15k or you'll lose the excess)
      • Quest: Opening the Gateway
      • Also sidenote: Doing the initial vision you can not receive a cloak upgrade because you are at rank 1 already. On your second vision and beyond can you upgrade.
    • After the vision is done and you save the chamber Magni gives you a quest to ask mother to locate Ra-den. This gives a vessel.
      • Quest: Into Dreams
    • You get another 10k essences after opening up the archives for Visions
      • Quest: Accessing teh Archives

Then you get a good chunk of Essences from these:

• 5500 from each minor assault (11,000 total)
    • 2000 essences from your first minor vision (Vale)
    • 6000 essences total for doing each vision after your first (1000 per daily)

There's 13,500 enough for a 5th vessel. There's enough to get another 6,500 essences but I don't remember off the top of my head. I know I just got my 6th and Rank 6 of the cloak on my main and I've only done the dailies, campaign and assaults. I haven't grinded rares or chests.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-01-19 at 09:58 PM.

And now I'm 2 upgrades behind cause of server mass DC... my frustration is reaching maximum levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you've done everything available you should have a vessel from:

• Vale of Eternal Blossom Assault (This week is a guaranteed Vessel, next week should be Uldum as it is wherever the major assault is)
    • Wrathion gives you 10k to purchase a vessel before continuing on (Make sure you are below 15k or you'll lose the excess)
      • Quest: Opening the Gateway
    • After the vision is done and you save the chamber Magni gives you a quest to ask mother to locate Ra-den. This gives a vessel.
      • Quest: Into Dreams
    • You get another 10k essences after opening up the archives for Visions
      • Quest: Accessing teh Archives

Then you get a good chunk of Essences from these:

• 5500 from each minor assault (11,000 total)
    • 2000 essences from your first minor vision (Vale)
    • 6000 essences for each vision after your first (daily)

There's 13,500 enough for a 5th vessel. There's enough to get another 6,500 essences but I don't remember off the top of my head. I know I just got my 6th and Rank 6 of the cloak on my main and I've only done the dailies, campaign and assaults. I haven't grinded rares or chests.
    1k for each, 6k total.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU