Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I am indeed playing something else just like most people that quit Bfa in so significant numbers that Blizzard is forced to push cash mounts every month to sustain itself.
    Well my raiding guild has actually returned in bfa recently again, so thats not true for everyone. But the decline within this xpac has been significant indd. But thats not realy the games fault.
    Its the community. People are just fed up with wow for playing it for over 15 years. People also expect that the game gets better each year. Which it wont cause the wide span of acitivties blizzard has to implement these days are realy enormous. Its hard to please people that consume more then their given. People crave for more more and more. Theirs no company in the world that can make this happen im afraid. Its the era we live in

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why? What is wrong with offering incentives to subscribe or stay subscribed?
    It is very wrong ! Because i wanted to take a break from wow and now i am thinking or resubbing for 6 months.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2020-01-17 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They could make a system where you get a token every 6 months of sub time and you can hit up a vendor to buy something you want
    I like this idea! I think one of the reasons (apart that this 6month sub helps drought) is the backlash it would have from the community, putting a store to shange tokens that you get for every month you are subbed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Have you seen General Discussion here or on Reddit? There are already people praising this patch as being amazing and it's been out for 24 hours.

Let's see how they feel when they realize there's nothing else to do after doing an Invasion, three 10 minute visions a week and the raid. A week.

Don't underestimate how stupid people are. There would be people buying this up because they experienced 3 hours of the content without realizing they've experienced it all.
    Whats the problem with steady not long content for every day/ every two days? I think it's perfect I don't have that much time and I actually want to play other games and I like my social life, seems like some people want to live for this game christ

Then we add the 12 boss raid and It's perfect in time for stuff, you don't need 4 hours every day to be up to date and you also have the raid, and your week M+ and well if you have friends and a guild, doing something for fun
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2020-01-17 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This is actually a gift, they are giving it away for free.. stop complaining and hating people. What are you even doing following WoW news if you hate it so much? get a life or something, no?

I mean, really, it is becoming so silly but seems apparent that there is a group of haters, they will even hate when Blizzard gives you something for FREE, because you would otherwise pay the same or even more for regular subs...
    How is it free? How is it a gift? It is "free" for ones that already have 6m subs. The rest has to buy it, so nothing is free here.

If Blizzard was so generous, why didn't it give out mount to all subs, regardless the duration? Have existing sub - here's your rat? Have token time running - here's yours. Why only specifically 6m subs, and only purchased via credit card?

And calling people haters when blindly defending an obvious cash grab does not make you any more righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i know what you did there but it pisses me off from purely economic point of view

no you didnt get it for free you got it for 60 euro.

the fact that you would spend that 60 euro regardless doesnt make it free.

and yes im equally pissed when idiots say how they got "something " free or cheaper in shops when they overbought product X just to get 1 thing "free"

no you didnt get anything free you spend X amount of money on Y amount of product which of you needed really Y - Z amount and still given retailer profits due to how high margins on those products are.

and yes i know that thats exackly how world works - because this stupid human behaviour gives me nice juicy quaterly/yearly bonuses. but it doesnt change that it preys on people's stupidity and naivety coming from lack of understanding of business practices.
    If you were going to play 6 month anyway and you pay 6month subs because it's cheaper, then the mount is free, because... you were going to pay for those 6 moths anyway, see why some people say it's free?

You don't need to buy 6month sub right now to get the rat, just have one active, I paid mine 5 months ago and I got the rat, I can cancel my sub and I still will have the rat, so, it was really free for me. But because I'll be playing at least 4-5 more months, raiding with my guild I'll pay another 6month ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Well my raiding guild has actually returned in bfa recently again, so thats not true for everyone. But the decline within this xpac has been significant indd. But thats not realy the games fault.
    Its the community. People are just fed up with wow for playing it for over 15 years. People also expect that the game gets better each year. Which it wont cause the wide span of acitivties blizzard has to implement these days are realy enormous. Its hard to please people that consume more then their given. People crave for more more and more. Theirs no company in the world that can make this happen im afraid. Its the era we live in
    Its the community.
    The community, while toxic at times, directly reflects the quality of the product. If product is disappointing, the client is not happy and will complain. Sure, there will always be people who complain no matter what, but looking at BFA reception universally (not only mmo-champ, but other places as well) it is not well received. And rightfully so.

People are just fed up with wow for playing it for over 15 years.
    Fed up people leave (again, with exceptions). Blind sheep people stay no matter what. Passionate fans stay because they still believe game can be good. Passionate fans express what they like and what they don't - this is what a feedback is. Negative feedback does not equal to hate

People also expect that the game gets better each year.
    And that is reasonable from a paid customer point. Paying same amount of money for less of content makes a lot of people unhappy. And then, on top of that, they throw a cash grab...

Which it wont cause the wide span of acitivties blizzard has to implement these days are realy enormous. Its hard to please people that consume more then their given.
    They used to be able to do that, and i believe they still could, but there are obviously certain things that prevent them from achieving that.

People crave for more more and more.
    That is not true. People want meaningful content, meaningful progress and meaningful rewards. Having a ton of systems which feel boring, forced and uninteresting will not make anyone happy. Simple example: Mage tower in legion, universally accepted as one of if not the best features of the expansion - it was fun, challenging, different for each class and rewarding. And it was not something that requires a ton of development time. This is what people like, and not some islands ap grind..

So your write-off that everything is the fault of community and age of the game and times we live in are just cheap excuses, which look naive to me, if not borderline shilling...

guess the deathknights weren't enough to keep people subscribed until the next expansion, like the patch this reeks of desperation

a rat. blizz, come on.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    The community, while toxic at times, directly reflects the quality of the product. If product is disappointing, the client is not happy and will complain. Sure, there will always be people who complain no matter what, but looking at BFA reception universally (not only mmo-champ, but other places as well) it is not well received. And rightfully so.

Fed up people leave (again, with exceptions). Blind sheep people stay no matter what. Passionate fans stay because they still believe game can be good. Passionate fans express what they like and what they don't - this is what a feedback is. Negative feedback does not equal to hate

And that is reasonable from a paid customer point. Paying same amount of money for less of content makes a lot of people unhappy. And then, on top of that, they throw a cash grab...

They used to be able to do that, and i believe they still could, but there are obviously certain things that prevent them from achieving that.

That is not true. People want meaningful content, meaningful progress and meaningful rewards. Having a ton of systems which feel boring, forced and uninteresting will not make anyone happy. Simple example: Mage tower in legion, universally accepted as one of if not the best features of the expansion - it was fun, challenging, different for each class and rewarding. And it was not something that requires a ton of development time. This is what people like, and not some islands ap grind..

So your write-off that everything is the fault of community and age of the game and times we live in are just cheap excuses, which look naive to me, if not borderline shilling...

1) it doesnt reflect the products quality at all, if id say i hate raiding does the entire product sucks? Most people on the forums are pretty bitter, your the first that actually seems to be giving alittle decent feedback and critique rather then throwing gas on a fire if you feel me. A decline of a product isnt just about a bad game.

2) super true, but most people don’t criticize they just fuel a tree thats already burning. “Game is shit” no content etc etc.

3) i wish their taking this time to do it in shadowlands atleast!

4) but thats just it, whats meaningfull? I hate pets, yet for others it meaningufll, so you can make a enormous list
    Agree on the mage tower that shit was dope.
    I still believe partly that the game aged so bad it because of the community. Clearly blizzard had made bad decisions. And prolly will make many more. U cannot innovate en hit the golden buzzer right away. Its just theirs so many shit to do(u can) that things that people deem worthy take a backseat

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    a rat. blizz, come on.
    Not just a rat, a FLYING rat, but hey what do you want? another boat that doesn't float?

Same exact comments everytime blizz releases a mount for 6months subscription. The classic "no one forces you to sub" "greedy blizzard does it again" and "i get it for free since im gonna play the game for next 6 months anyway".

Everyones free to do what they want, but we all know its a way for blizz to keep sub count up until they get the big sub increase with the next exp/major patch. Is that greed or just beeing smart it doesnt matter, it works.

Whats abit anyoing is that they put up real effort in store mounts and not the same, or close amount of effort in mounts you get from endgame content like mythic raiding last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    a rat. blizz, come on.
    It's the Year of the Rat in the Chinese zodiac... that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

tis a rat.

also white rats exist. alot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratory_rat

White rats and mice look pretty close, but the bigger back end points it to being a rat more then a mouse.
    but rendark i feel like you have never seen a rat other then the generic dirty brown gross rat and never seen a mouse other then the generic tiny brown farm mouse or tiny white lab mouse.
    they are pretty similar, and rats can as you can see come in white, but the mount is obviously closer to the rat then mouse.
    Wow good job wasting your time there. The mount looks much more like a mouse then a rat. It's head does anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    1) it doesnt reflect the products quality at all, if id say i hate raiding does the entire product sucks? Most people on the forums are pretty bitter, your the first that actually seems to be giving alittle decent feedback and critique rather then throwing gas on a fire if you feel me. A decline of a product isnt just about a bad game.

2) super true, but most people don’t criticize they just fuel a tree thats already burning. “Game is shit” no content etc etc.

3) i wish their taking this time to do it in shadowlands atleast!

4) but thats just it, whats meaningfull? I hate pets, yet for others it meaningufll, so you can make a enormous list
    Agree on the mage tower that shit was dope.
    I still believe partly that the game aged so bad it because of the community. Clearly blizzard had made bad decisions. And prolly will make many more. U cannot innovate en hit the golden buzzer right away. Its just theirs so many shit to do(u can) that things that people deem worthy take a backseat
    1. If you say product sucks because of X, you must constructively explain why so, or else it is just fueling the fire, as you say it. Also, you have to observe the overall reception, not just the loudest mouths, or your opinion.
    In other works, the Earth is not flat just because there are vocal few who try to convince otherwise.

2. Have to distinguish good feedback from trolling, and stop feeding the latter, then perhaps a constructive discussion can happen.

3. I sure do too, but they have to start showing what are they planning to deliver. And they have to do it flat out honestly, because Blizzard no longer has that credit where once can trust them to deliver quality product. Seeing how blizzcon demo of shadowlands was bare bones, i am sadly quite cautious, if not sceptical they will.... Torghast is what looks very interesting to me, but that might just end another island expeditions iteration.

4. By meaningful i meant stuff that is fun to do, gives a sense of accomplishment, things that you can complete, no endless grind kind of things game is full of right now, things that actually last, and are not just forgotten once next expansion (or even next patch, like it is now) hits. I, personally, want to achieve things. When was the last time in game you felt like you reaches a goal? For me it was completing Mage Tower on all specs. It felt great. I had to prepare for the challenges, gear up fresh alts, get some legendaries, learn specs i never played, all that just in order to beat some demons. But that probably was the most fun i had in wow in all the years i play it.
    There is nothing like that in BFA, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I suppose it's the fact that it's new. For example - shoes / clothes. We buy them through all of our lives yet some people get really excited when they buy new shoes / clothes.
    I suppose. Guess im to old to understand the whole ordeal about buying virtual objects like mount, pets & cosmetics.

You dont never really own the stuff you buy in wow anyway.

Just out of curiosity, will any of these 6 month mounts ever resurface as earnable / purchasable in the future or is that just gone to the wind?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I'm confused, was there a question you wanted to ask?
    I was making a statement.

5+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't they instead have made a hamster? Guinea pig? I know its the zodiac but frankly I don't care, rats are gross...

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-17 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Maybe not but Ratstallion looks way better. This mount doesn't even look like a rat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, it looks more like a lab mouse. I'm still not getting it, I was just surprised when I actually played the video and saw it had wings.
    I think it's rather simple...Ratstallion was a mount representing the shady underbelly of Dalaran. So it looks shady, very rat-like, kinda creepy.

But a mount representing a Chinese Zodiac? Well, that thing better be the cutest or most majestic thing there is! Wouldn't want to anger the Chinese overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    d i s g u s t i n g

if you buy that you're literally feeding their greedy mouths ^.^
    Wrong. YOu aren't even buying that. You are paying to sub for 6 months. I like the game and know I will be playing for 6 months. Nothing disgusting about it. That is an elitist take.