Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just bought a six month game card Tuesday on patch day.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    "New"? Stuff like this existed since MoP. They offered D3 for free for a 1-year subscription. There's been many 'subscription rewards' like that in the past. Just last year, they had the Sylverian Dreamer mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Is this a bad april fools joke?
    Oh boy, never heard that before. You must be a creative genius to come up with something like that yourself.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cask View Post
    Cool mount, shame this is the way forward.
    A giant white rat. Really cool... just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You do realise you can buy a subscription with b.net balance right...? I did make that clear in my post...
    You can buy gametime via battle.net balance but you can't pay for a subscription with it. This promotion (as was the last one with the dragon) is only available with a sub, not game time. Sneaky breeki blizzard ;-). The ship was available via 6 month chunk of gametime, not this.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, big, fat, Chinese rat, how appropriate.

Omg this is adorkable! I rarely if ever buy cosmetic items from the store but he is just so cute! Vulpera mount for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    I just bought a six month game card Tuesday on patch day.......
    The blurb on the Battle.net app says that if you have an active 6 month subscription, then they'll send you the mount by Jan 28.

first!

wow you guys cant post fast at all

rat looks nice

Blizzard: "We do not let China influence our decisions."

Also Blizzard: "2020 is the Year of the Rat in China, so lets make a distinctively Chinese-Culture oriented mount to use as subscription bait for every culture in the world!"

EDIT: since the daft are using "Lunar Festival!" somehow as a defense, let me further explain. LF does not count, because it's just a Holiday event for a short time and not used as an exclusive 6-month Subscription Bait - unless you count all content in the entire game as "Subscription Bait", but that's up to you...). So, howabout we instead make that rat a Lunar Festival reward? Silly Idea, I know... funny enough, I suggested the idea many many years ago doing the animals as rewards for the LF, but when I said it - it was for pets, not mounts.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-16 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can buy gametime via battle.net balance but you can't pay for a subscription with it. This promotion (as was the last one with the dragon) is only available with a sub, not game time. Sneaky breeki blizzard ;-). The ship was available via 6 month chunk of gametime, not this.

That's a 6 month sub / game time... same thing, no?

Nice to see them continue loyalty rewards, even if I wont be partaking. I only sub month by month atm, that will continue until Shadowlands.

Um, actually looks cooler than the pirate ship or some shit generic dragon, but I have Ratstallion. Not sure what character would look good riding a giant cute circus mouse-looking mount. Maybe they'll do a vendor-less Brutosaur one day, so I'll continue waiting for that and just keep paying one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    These are the only store mounts I’m rather fine with. They have been giving the Chinese's special mounts/pets for years so it’s nice to be able to get them as a none Chinese player even if I’m unlikely to buy any past the dog I already have.
    I remember for year of the rooster they gave all the Chinese players the magic rooster. Imagine the rate of the people on the rest of the world who spent hundreds on that mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

Also Blizzard: "2020 is the Year of the Rat in China, so lets make a distinctively Chinese-Culture oriented mount to use as subscription bait for every culture in the world!"
    Idk if you know but a lot more places then just China celebrate the Chinese New year. I know it's odd.... We have had a holiday based on it since I think tbc? Donyou forget the lunar festival is literally the Chinese New year event?

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Omg this is adorkable! I rarely if ever buy cosmetic items from the store but he is just so cute! Vulpera mount for sure.
    Really? I mean, Vulpera are already getting so much flack from the haters. I made mine a Warlock with the Felguard and his mount is the Sky Golem, a huge mechanized suit. Yeah, furry what, bitch? This demon will put an axe in your face and I'll run you over in this giant mechanized suit. Certainly don't need to be mounting up a cute mouse to wreck that illusion. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

Lunar New Year is celebrated all over the world and this is the third year in a row they've done this exact same promotion.

This looks to be a credit card only deal for now, you can't use funds in your battle net balance.

seriously good animation quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    2023 is the year to wait for. I want a giant rabbit.
    I like the way you think. I'd pay six months worth of game time for a giant rabbit.

In before the wow is dying doom people that don't know every company does stuff like this in advance this is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You do realise you can buy a subscription with b.net balance right...? I did make that clear in my post...
    You do realize you CAN'T buy SUBSCRIPTION with b.net balance, right? You can only buy GAME TIME. For the purpose of playing the game there's no difference, for the purpose of this promotion, there is.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.