Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    It's not the incentives, it's the fact they're taking away unique potential assets from everyone and going, "You want this? Pay up now long term." for it instead of offering them as in game rewards.
    But how do you know something was taken away in order to add this to subscriptions?

They could make a system where you get a token every 6 months of sub time and you can hit up a vendor to buy something you want, but doing it this way ensures you stay subbed even if they have a content drought. You're locked in for 6 months even if the put out literally no content. It's exploitative behavior, taking advantage of FOMO, all for greed's sake, not to reward players.
    So it isn't about taking away unique potential assets. Because your suggestion is still locking the assets behind subscriptions. Of course you are locked in for 6 months even if they don't put out content. Don't buy the six months and just pay $25 for it separately if you really want the mount. Content droughts are really not much of an issue. Because Blizzard has rarely released major content with in six months of each other.

So there has always been a period of time with no new content. Yet now it is bad just because they give a $25 mount for free for using the cheapest subscription block. It isn't about greed. It is literally rewarding players, who likely would be playing anyways, to stay subscribed. It has nothing to do with fear of missing out because you literally can't miss out. You can get the mount separately for $25.

You are also over looking how you don't need to purchase a new subscription. As people already on one will be getting the mount as well. It all depends how you have been paying. I bought 6 months in November. I get the mount. Win Win. I enjoy playing a game and get something for free.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-16 at 09:16 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

bfa is dead..

please buy game time, pleaaase!

we give you a ugly mount for this shit xpac..

please stay subbed..

and remember its the year of the rat in the graetest fuckking terror regime on this planet!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2020-01-16 at 09:18 PM.

So we can say for certain that prepatch won't be for at least 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Fucking ewwwwww noooo
    This is the one mount, I actually like... I thought we're kewl man.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

This game is dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    This game is dead.
    Then why talk about what is dead?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I always buy with bnet balance and always add balance through tokens. Last time I probably used a credit card was in WoD.
    Damn, then we're in the exact same boat, except I didn't get sylverian dreamer T_T Kinda inconsistent from Blizzard, to give it to some, and not others. Plus, as I said in one of my previous posts, I even wrote (multiple) tickets, and always had the same answer, Game Time doesn't count, only Subscriptions :/
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    I mean sure, maybe a rat is going to entice some players to pay for a 6 month-sub, but wouldn't it be better if it was a dragon/a fox or basically anything that is more appealing than a rat (and that can really be anything, hard to come up with somethign worse than a rat)??
    2024 is the Year of the Dragon, so we'll probably see a dragon mount then. (Personally, I'm looking forward to 2025 where it will be the Year of the Snake).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I actual debated writing in a comment in my post saying "But what about the Lunar Festival?" and then make a mock-response saying "Yes,it's a great event and it belongs in that event as a reward for said event, and they can do a new one every year for all the signs to give that event life."

But I didn't write that, because I figured nobody would be that daft to respond with the lunar festival as a defense somehow... >_<
    Cause the chinese news year is a world wide celebration. its not as popular elsewhere as normal new year, but lots of people around the world non-chinese have picked it up, and like zodiacs many know their year animal. funnily enough the rat is mine.

soooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Nice! Another free mount to add to my collection. Love these loyalty bonuses they got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    Yeah real sneaky.

Wow players: How come Blizzard has no loyalty rewards.
    Blizzard: Here's some loyalty rewards.
    WoW players: Sneaky Bli$$ard just wants to nickle and dime us and trick us into staying subbed.

Hey man, if you don't like the game but feel pressured to sub just for a mount, that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So we can say for certain that prepatch won't be for at least 6 months.
    SLs will be a December release. No chance of it sooner.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmmm when do we get it? I have a 6 month recurring sub and just logged in - don't have it

- - - Updated - - -

So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    it's not the first (Dreadwake mount was used last year) but this time they are offering it in the shop at the same time which they didn't initially do (later added) for the Dreadwake mount

"new"? really? it was done already, twice afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Hmm, weird then...Unless you buy game time with credit card instead of bnet balance, then that might be the difference I suppose, but still, game time is game time, the payment shouldn't really matter I think.
    It shouldn't other than game time tokens support the premium $20/month sub plan some one is paying for. A bit OT, but many of the same people complaining about the eshop and greedy Blizzard support the very same practices they publicly criticize. Doesn't matter if you bought you time with gold, someone had to pay $20 for it. As well as thise who advocate against buying gold, even from Blizzard are buying game time supporting the very thing they hate. It's a hilarious viscous ironic circle.

And I get made fun of for just liking and playing the game when I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    bfa is dead..

please buy game time, pleaaase!

we give you a ugly mount for this shit xpac..

please stay subbed..

and remember its the year of the rat in the graetest fuckking terror regime on this planet!
    I have to agree with you, bfa is dead, we need your money, stay subbed we won't give this mount to players that bought 6m pre-paid only to subbed... anyway this is so true https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6AAG-ykkNE

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like the way you think. I'd pay six months worth of game time for a giant rabbit.
    whens the next year of the monkey? or snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    whens the next year of the monkey? or snake?
    Monkey I'd pay 1 year's worth of game time. Hell, just give me a ride-able Hozen and take my money.

All I know about this new mount is

1. It's cute
    2. It's free (for me anyway)

thus, I'm loving it.

New patch just came out but the game still feels empty lol. BFA really killed WoW or maybe it was Classic.