Motherboard & CPU suggestion

Hello guys, I am looking to get a new motherboard and CPU to upgrade, and in the process I will need new RAMs, however the problem is that my budget is tight, I'm looking at something in the range of 300$ for MoBo+CPU and around 50$ for RAMs. I only want it to run WoW as smooth as possible.
    So is there any recommendations for that kind of situation? also I have a msi nVidia GTX 960 4gb, I need that GPU to work on the new MoBo.
    Thanks in advance!

TL;DR - MoBo + CPU that runs wow as best as possible for 300$ and RAMs for 50$ suggestions please <3
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

Your best bet is probably ryzen 5 3600, although it might be hard to fit in to $300. And RAM can affect performance. As for MoBo, take your pick/find the one that fits the budget, they all should do just fine:

Asus: X470 TUF Plus, B450 B450-F, TUF Plus, Prime Plus, X370 X370-A, B350 B350-F, Prime Plus, TUF Plus
    Asrock: B450 Pro4, M/AC, HDV, X370 Gaming X, Killer SLI, mITX, K4, Pro4, B350 ITX, Pro4, K4, HDV, AB350M
    Biostar: X470 GTA, GTQ, GTN, X370 GT5, GT3, B350 GT5, GT3, GTN
    Gigabyte: B450 Aorus Pro (ATX), Aorus Elite, Aorus M, Gaming X, DS3H, ITX, X370 Gaming K5, K3, 3, Gaming, DS3H, B350 Gaming 3, Gaming, DASH, DS3H, AB350N Gaming-WiFi
    MSI: B450 Pro-M2 (& Max), B350 Gaming Plus, Tomahawk, PC Mate, Bazooka, Mortar, Pro-VDH, Pro-VH Plus, Pro-VD Plus

Alternatively you can go for i5 9400F, it should be noticeably cheaper, at least for the processor, helping you fit the budget. But you will be less future proof and your per core performance will be a bit lower. And I can't really help you with MoBo on this one.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-01-17 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't get anything decent in the RAM department for 50 dollars. 70-ish maybe.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-17 09:14 EST-0500

If you really want <350 total, you can go with this instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FbJ6YT but you might need to update the BIOS

One option is to go for a single stick of 8gigs of good ram. Then when able to fork out a little more money down the road get a second stick of the same stuff. In particular if you are mostly gaming. Would allow you to get a better MB and CPU combo now which will last a lot longer and be more trouble to upgrade again later than just sticking another dimm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You won't get anything decent in the RAM department for 50 dollars. 70-ish maybe.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $373.97
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-17 09:14 EST-0500

If you really want <350 total, you can go with this instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FbJ6YT but you might need to update the BIOS
    it's not problem to push it up to 400$ total, i just set the total 350 because in my country the prices would be somewhat 50$ more expensive overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    One option is to go for a single stick of 8gigs of good ram. Then when able to fork out a little more money down the road get a second stick of the same stuff. In particular if you are mostly gaming. Would allow you to get a better MB and CPU combo now which will last a lot longer and be more trouble to upgrade again later than just sticking another dimm in.
    My plan atm is to get something that can last me around a year, and then in a year get an all new PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    it's not problem to push it up to 400$ total, i just set the total 350 because in my country the prices would be somewhat 50$ more expensive overall.

My plan atm is to get something that can last me around a year, and then in a year get an all new PC.
    What I posted will last 5+.
    what country do you live in though? Maybe pcpp has a section for that country so we can get you accurate prices

What I posted will last 5+.
    oh wow, that's seet, any idea on what settings this would run WoW?

what country do you live in though? Maybe pcpp has a section for that country so we can get you accurate prices
    I live in Lebanon, I doubt we will find anything on pcpp as the majortiy of online don't bother, small population in the middle east :P
    Last edited by Wolfster; 2020-01-18 at 11:08 PM.