Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Should Shadowlands follow Cyberpunk 2077's footsteps?

Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date has been pushed back by 5 months to September 2020, with the main reasons cited including a need to improve the quality and polish of the game. I applaud the devs there for taking a stand and not choosing to release a subpar product just for the sake of appeasing shareholders.

Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it? Instead of the WoW developers being hellbent on releasing yet another rushed expansion just to meet shareholder timelines. I think the devs need to stand up and take their time by following these industry leaders and pioneers with a focus on quality and polish. Blizzard seems to have forgotten these terms as of late.

This is the only way to really revive this franchise, not with exclusive 6 month subscription gimmicks and metrics focused design.

How do you know it wont be polished by release?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Precedent.
    Cool I'll wait to beta before accusing them of rushing anything. When we have some measure of Shadowlands quality

Anthem dev's said the same thing. We all know how that turned out.

I played WoD, Legion & BfA.

if thats polished, i got some turds you can have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have u not played the last few expansions?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Considerin we dont even have public alpha yet to see if SL needs more time, it feels like you just pull bullshit out of your arse.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    I played WoD, Legion & BfA.

if thats polished, i got some turds you can have.
    Legion was a fine xpac bro. Some people don't understand what "polished" means
    when it comes to MMORPGs I guess...

the difference between the 2 games are that WoW will continue to bleed if they don’t release major updates regularly. Cyberpunk 2077 is a singleplayer game only if I remember it right, there won’t be many people tuning off if it gets delayed.

If anything I’d much rather have then delay Warcraft 3 Reforged instead. Its obvious that this game is far from done and they deliver far less than what they promised last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 2077's announced release date has been pushed back by 5 months to September 2020, with the main reasons cited including a need to improve the quality and polish of the game. I applaud the devs there for taking a stand and not choosing to release a subpar product just for the sake of appeasing shareholders.

Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it? Instead of the WoW developers being hellbent on releasing yet another rushed expansion just to meet shareholder timelines. I think the devs need to stand up and take their time by following these industry leaders and pioneers with a focus on quality and polish. Blizzard seems to have forgotten these terms as of late.

This is the only way to really revive this franchise, not with exclusive 6 month subscription gimmicks and metrics focused design.
    I think Blizzard is in a better position to decide whether or not to delay their expansion than a bunch of angry nerds on a forum. We have literally no idea, none whatsoever, how Shadowlands is progressing beyond what they showed at Blizzcon, rendering our opinions about whether or not it should be delayed utterly pointless.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    id say bfa/legion came out with a fine amount of polish they just suffered from poor design choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think Blizzard is in a better position to decide whether or not to delay their expansion than a bunch of angry nerds on a forum. We have literally no idea, none whatsoever, how Shadowlands is progressing beyond what they showed at Blizzcon, rendering our opinions about whether or not it should be delayed utterly pointless.
    You're right, but there will always be the people yelling "only one zone done for blizzcon Demo, Blizz can't do it till [insert time frame here], should push release back by 2 Quartals, REEEEE!!!!!1!1!1!11!!1"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    id say bfa/legion came out with a fine amount of polish they just suffered from poor design choices.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    So 1 in the last 6 years, wow yup, that blizzard polish!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yeah but no, i don't care how good the content is if the spec you enjoy playing gets fucked in the ass at the start feeling weak and unwanted, the whole games sucks balls.

To be "polished" all specs should be enjoyable and sorry but release elemental was fucking garbage just like WoD, so BfA & WoD both started out unfinished and broken, only difference is WoD finished SUPER broken where as BfA has fixed things.

Rushed expansion? Shadowlands is a glorified patch. There a no features to rush. The developers should be pretty comfortable right now, they've never been so comfortable. Almost nothing to work at. If it is postponed, it would be (thankfully) Ion's last failure.

Also, lol@
    improve the quality and polish of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Also, lol@
    I really have no idea how CD Projekt could possibly polish the game any more than it already is.

Nah, I'd rather have unpolished turd than nothing.
    I'm an advocate of fixing things as time goes on and releasing smaller amount of content but faster. Then fixing issues in next content update.

First thing: no amount of testers can hold a candle to milions of players testing.
    Second: customer tests are always cheaper.

I'm going to go with the sane choice of saying I actually need to see something before deciding on its quality.

Seriously, if you dislike the game that much you're making threads like this on something no-one has seen any actual content from (Blizzcon stuff doesn't count tbh), it's a bit silly. It's like kids refusing to try a new food because "they don't like it" despite never having it before. Actually, that's a pretty good comparison of some users of this forum tbh.

If the alpha/beta comes out and it looks horrifically unfinished as we approach the release date, then yes, a thread like this makes sense. Right now, a thread like this seems stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Legion was a fine expac in 7.3.5. 2 years after it's release.

No, because the two games are vastly different. Cyberbunk is essentially a standalone game (excluding DLC's, etc) and would need to be polished at first. WoW is fine if it doesn't as it has patch cycles where it can refine anything that might need polished.

You are basically comparing apples to oranges in this scenario.