Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not really "anti-American".

    It is, however, a celebration of America's worst flaws and failures, rather than the values that made it great.
    In your opinion.
    And what makes you an authority in what the worst or best values of America are?

    A celebration of white nationalism, when it is diversity and acceptance that has, time and again, improved the nation.
    A celebration of authoritarian rule with no concern for the law, rather than democratic rule based on the law.
    A celebration of factionalism and internal aggression, rather than working together to create a better future for all.
    Fake news, wrong, and the left is more than vastly guilty of the third.
    The difference between us is that you've been fed and swallowed lies, fake news and intentional misinformation such as these. Others didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  2. #42
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Elizabeth Warren's BDSM dungeon.
    Posts
    46,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    In your opinion.
    And what makes you an authority in what the worst or best values of America are?
    Not being a white nationalist, for one.

    Fake news, wrong, and the left is more than vastly guilty of the third. Spare me the propaganda we didn't buy as you did.
    What 'propaganda'? He's Canadian and I'm Greek-Australian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It is the party of segregation. Is the the party of McCarthyist fearmongering and propaganda. It is the party of racism and antisemitism. It is the party of abusive corporate power.
    I see radical leftists fully endorsing all these values, some of them in these very threads, so not sure who you're trying to fool here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Last I recall "the people" voted against Donald Trump in excess of three million.

    Pearl clutching about democracy only really works if the system you are defending is democratic to start with.
    I'm failing to see the point here. There was a system in which all candidates agreed partecipating under the established rules, but after the results came out with them losing NOW they complain it's "unfair" ?
    Please, it's beyond pathetic.

    The best part of all is how before the election results they were all "Trump will not accept this! He'll cry foul!" and then they got rek't and in their hipocrisy did exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I see radical leftists fully endorsing all these values, some of them in these very threads, so not sure who you're trying to fool here.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm failing to see the point here. There was a system in which all candidates agreed partecipating under the established rules, but after the results came out with them losing NOW they complain it's "unfair" ?
    Please, it's beyond pathetic.

    The best part of all is how before the election results they were all "Trump will not accept this! He'll cry foul!" and then they got rek't and in their hipocrisy did exactly that.
    You need to change your name to Malarkey because you are full of it.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You need to change your name to Malarkey because you are full of it.
    Aaah, the classic sign of a losing argument, the angry personal attack.

    Thanks, Cal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  6. #46
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Elizabeth Warren's BDSM dungeon.
    Posts
    46,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I'm failing to see the point here. There was a system in which all candidates agreed partecipating under the established rules, but after the results came out with them losing NOW they complain it's "unfair" ?
    No.

    We're just pointing out it's incredibly moronic to claim a popular mandate while at the same time insisting that an electoral system that gives disproportionate power to certain demographics are just "the rules of the game".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    3,136
    I figure it is because the internet has made it easier to isolate yourself in the echo chamber you want to be in and therefore isolated from opposing viewpoints.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No.
    We're just pointing out it's incredibly moronic to claim a popular mandate while at the same time insisting that an electoral system that gives disproportionate power to certain demographics are just "the rules of the game".
    The system is crafted exactly so that there can be no "majority" rule by the most powerful zones at the expense of lesser powerful ones.
    Everyone gets a say in this system, not just those who sport the bigger raw numbers.
    It is the opposite of "giving disproportionate power to certain demographics": the system moves exactly to prevent that sort of thing.

    Also love that "we", as if you're so insecure with your position that you need pluralis maiestatis to feign being part of a crowd.
    Classical leftism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  9. #49
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Elizabeth Warren's BDSM dungeon.
    Posts
    46,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    The system is crafted exactly so that there can be no "majority" rule by the most powerful zones at the expense of lesser powerful ones.
    Everyone gets a say in this system, not just those who sport the bigger raw numbers.
    It is the opposite of "giving disproportionate power to certain demographics": the system moves exactly to prevent that sort of thing.
    'Kay.

    Still entirely contradicts that whole "will of the people" drivel.

    Also love that "we", as if you're so insecure with your position that you need pluralis maiestatis to feign being part of a crowd.
    Classical leftism.
    Bitch, please. You're near constantly peaking on behalf of people "outraged by PC culture", so miss me with that hypocritical shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    'Kay.
    Still entirely contradicts that whole "will of the people" drivel.
    Except it doesn't. Everyone got a vote with this system, and Trump won.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    Thankfully the system stops that sort of thing, making stuff like your "3 million difference" not the sole deciding factor as it could've been.

    Bitch, please. You're near constantly peaking on behalf of people "outraged by PC culture", so miss me with that hypocritical shit.
    I think you meant "spare me" there? Well at least you didn't say "miss us".

    Some improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  11. #51
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    In your opinion.
    And what makes you an authority in what the worst or best values of America are?
    Where did I claim some sense of "authority", where you should take my word without consideration?

    I fully expect for my arguments to be evaluated on their merit. Stop derailing with nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I see radical leftists fully endorsing all these values, some of them in these very threads, so not sure who you're trying to fool here.
    Yeah, no, you haven't.

    In particular because we've got maybe one or two actual "radical leftists" who post here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Except it doesn't. Everyone got a vote with this system, and Trump won.
    You mean "and the Electoral College adjusted the relative value of votes, based on the State they came from, and manipulated the results in the process".

    If it had been one equal vote for everyone, then you'd have had President Hillary Clinton for the last 3 years.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    That's not what "tyranny of the majority" means.

    What you're describing is literally just democracy.

  12. #52
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Elizabeth Warren's BDSM dungeon.
    Posts
    46,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Except it doesn't. Everyone got a vote with this system, and Trump won.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    Thankfully the system stops that sort of thing, making stuff like your "3 million difference" not the sole deciding factor as it could've been.
    Not everyone's vote counted equally, however. Again, entirely contradicts the "will of the people" BS.

    I think probably one of the more amusing outcomes of the incredibly byzantine and frankly kinda stupid electoral system in the US is the knots people on the right tie themselves into when they struggle to reconcile the legitimacy of American institutions with their fundamentally undemocratic nature.

    Turns out that 'American democracy' is really only a good talking point for the purposes of bombing brown people and not actually a realistic philosophical position.

    I think you meant "spare me" there? Well at least you didn't say "miss us".

    Some improvement.
    I feel bad for you never having watched a Vine.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-01-17 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Terf is a derogatory term that's used to silence women.

  13. #53
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Fake news, wrong, and the left is more than vastly guilty of the third.
    The difference between us is that you've been fed and swallowed lies, fake news and intentional misinformation such as these. Others didn't.
    The right wing news media has created boogeymen like homosexuals who will force you to be gay and hate you if you don't accept, boogeymen who will tell children they must be different genders than what they were born with or they are wrong, boogeymen that scream "NAZI" at everything you say no matter what, but I can guarantee you, you've been fed intentional misinformation and swallowed the lies and have come out with this completely false view of left wingers that don't even exist in reality.

    But of course, because you've seen it on conservative media, those evil liberals who want to destroy and fight everyone must be real, because why would YOUR news media lie to you? It's unthinkable that you could have been lied to this whole time! It must be the LIBERALS who are being lied to!

    The lack of self reflection on your part is staggeringly amusing.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk smityx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Walmart Basment FEMA Camp 7
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    In an interview with Coming of Age magazine by the Council on Aging in West Florida Bruce Boxleitner is dismayed at young people who believe the moon landing was faked. In the interview Bruce blames Jersey Shore for the dumbing down of society. He also said he despises the Kardashians and that they make him puke.
    Need to timewarp back to when all this "reality TV" started and nuke MTV Road Rules.

  15. #55
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Except it doesn't. Everyone got a vote with this system, and Trump won.
    Had this been a pure democracy, the more populated cities would've used their sheer numbers to prevail over the lesser populated ones. Tyranny by the majority.
    Thankfully the system stops that sort of thing, making stuff like your "3 million difference" not the sole deciding factor as it could've been.
    Probably one of the most adorable positions of Trumpkins in a cluttered category of willful ignorance. Really read that bolded part again. Tyranny by the majority. Malarky is troubled by candidates with the most votes winning elections, because he thinks land should vote rather than people.

    Apparently Trumpkins prefer what they have now, Tyranny by the minority.
    No one is above the law!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    boogeymen that scream "NAZI" at everything you say no matter what
    They quite literally do that, it's the first line of defense, almost an automated response by now.
    There's an absurd amount of recorded evidence behind this sort of behaviour, disagree with them and you'll be branded all sorts of -ism's in an attempt to destroy your reputation and thus make your arguments free to ignore.

    Besides I don't watch conservative media, they're an absolute snorefest to me.
    I don't need that to see the derangement of the current american left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, no, you haven't.
    All the elements you mentioned are present in the current radical left, especially racism, anti-semitism and support for abusive corporations.
    You're just blind to it.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2020-01-17 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  17. #57
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    All the elements you mentioned are present in the current radical left, especially racism, anti-semitism and support for abusive corporations.
    You're just blind to it.
    Nope. You're making it all up. Which is why you can't actually back up the ludicrous claims.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nope. You're making it all up. Which is why you can't actually back up the ludicrous claims.
    *cough* Ilhan Omar *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    The right wing news media has created boogeymen like (insert SJW group who will force (insert agenda) and hate you if you don't accept,
    This isn't the right wing news media, this is actual fact. Its not enough for everyone to be "equal under the law", but everyone has to be able to insert them in any social group they personally desire, and then demand that everyone in that social group adapts to suit their beliefs.

    Strangers don't need to accept you. They don't need to agree with you. They don't need to get along with you. If you demand they accept your differences, it should go without saying that you accept that others are different as well.

  20. #60
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    61,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    *cough* Ilhan Omar *cough*
    Ilhan Omar is 1> not radically left-wing, and 2> not anti-semitic, racist, nor supportive of any corporate abuses that I am aware of.

    So thanks for citing a first example that completely fails to support anything you've claimed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •