Thread: BWL Details

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BWL Details

Starting to do some research on the fights, few questions just to get started, I'll heavily update this as time goes on:

Razorgore

Is the META for Razorgore nowadays to just kill everything? The speed clear videos make it look so easy, but I might be leading a more rag-tag band.

Vaelestrasz
    What kind of DPS numbers are we talking for Vael? How much harder is it than a pre-submerge Rag kill? How tricky are the tank swaps?

Broodlord Lashlayer

What should a Broodlord tank have in terms of stats?
    Who gets the head? Is that even a thing until AQ?

Ebonroc, Firemaw, and Flamegor

How many stacks do melee stay in for Ebonroc?

Chromaggus
    Assuming a guild at a skill level that wipes on Chromaggus a few times, would he still be killable without any hourglass sand?

Nefarian

Various prep for class calls

What's a reasonable loadout of consumables for the whole raid?

Any class requirements besides normal stuff? A few rogues for the suppression room...and is 2 tanks enough for every boss in the instance?

And a few things I already know:
    --Onyxia Scale Cloaks need to be ready to go
    --Fire resist pots are still real handy
    --Flasks for Broodlord main tanks
    --Free action potions for something, I think it was drakes
    --Restorative Potions for Chromaggus
    Last edited by garicasha; 2020-01-17 at 08:53 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Starting to do some research on the fights, few questions just to get started, I'll heavily update this as time goes on:

Is the META for Razorgore nowadays to just kill everything? The speed clear videos make it look so easy, but I might be leading a more rag-tag band.

What kind of DPS numbers are we talking for Vael? How much harder is it than a pre-submerge Rag kill? How tricky are the tank swaps?

What should a Broodlord tank have in terms of stats?

Assuming a guild at a skill level that wipes on Chromaggus a few times, would he still be killable without any hourglass sand?

What's a reasonable loadout of consumables for the whole raid?

Any class requirements besides normal stuff? A few rogues for the suppression room...and is 2 tanks enough for every boss in the instance?

And a few things I already know:
    --Onyxia Scale Cloaks need to be ready to go
    --Fire resist pots are still real handy
    --Flasks for Broodlord main tanks
    on Razorgore, 3 people to do hourglass in case, tank either side, aka 4 way split with warriors, pick up all adds, heal razorgor kill eggs, then kill boss.
    Vael, nuke his face in, run out with bombs, GG
    Broodlord, Spead, Tank spank.
    Chromaggus, should be relatively easy, if you bring restorative pots, and LOS certain abilities, its why most people tank him in his cage, Hourglass sand is usually picked up by everyone, but handed to Tanks/healers first.
    Neth, cloaks are a good idea, for Tanks, healers, Melee MINIMUM, Range can LOS.
    Recommend Flask of Titans on CHromagg, and Neth only, rest probs wont need.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I don't think it was possible to just aoe everything in razors room because the adds just keep spawning clearing them out won't do much as more will just spawn. I can't remember the kill order but i think it was dragons>mages>melee. you kinda just have to kill the worst ones and kite the rest. all the new spawns just auto aggro to razor so, its probably better to not deliberately make him take damage. all you have to do is not let him die before the eggs are gone, kiting a large portion of the adds is likely better than having fresh ones spawn and instantly go back to razor.

i'm curious to see how it goes in this version.

i remember vael was mostly about dps ofc but also just running and exploding in a place that doesn't kill anyone else.

and broodlord is as far as i got the first time, I think the issue with him is that he does mortal strike so I think you need to tank swap for that.

after broody you need cloaks on at least the tanks because i think flamegor, ebonroc and firemaw can all do shadowflame.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-01-17 at 08:06 AM.

We killed all adds in vanilla aswell on razor and my guild wasnt top 10 on server, so now it should be ez. We kited only dragons tho.

Most of the private server videos I saw kill the legionnaires and mages and CC/kite the Dragonspawn on Razorgore.

It's probably easier to do so, you can fear them/soothe dragonkin and Razorgore himself can keep a few CC'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kited the dragon adds on Razorgore in vanilla as a Warrior, doing like a figure 8 around the ramps, think Hunters were more commonly used for that.

When I did it on a private server, we just nuked all adds, so that will be the way to go.

Anyone know how the hunter class call works for nef? It breaks your weapon right? Do hunters just hit a macro to unequipped their weapon right before every class call?

I believe that's correct, plus having 3-4 backup bows in your bags just in case.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I believe that's correct, plus having 3-4 backup bows in your bags just in case.
    Ok ty. Last time I did nef was in vanilla as a druid and just enjoyed getting to dps for a bit lol

What were the most annoying Chrom combinations and what is tank gearing for the fire-breathing bosses?

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Its Time lapse and the fire whatever its called, basically anything combined with time lapse will make it a little bit harder.

Anyone have any data on what Vael’s health will be? Perhaps a guess from...an extra-curricular rxample?

Gonna be running a BWL pug and trying tobdecide the minimum standards to get Vael in 3 minutes.

Anyone have any data on what Vael’s health will be? Perhaps a guess from...an extra-curricular rxample?

Gonna be running a BWL pug and trying tobdecide the minimum standards to get Vael in 3 minutes.
    Someone in another thread is suggesting blizzard are bufffing BWL. Time will tell I guess.

Vael has around 1 million health.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Someone in another thread is suggesting blizzard are bufffing BWL. Time will tell I guess.
    They are not buffing BWL

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean that absolute gongshow of a troll thread? Really?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You mean that absolute gongshow of a troll thread? Really?
    he has to promote his sockpuppet's thread...

OT: don't forget that wowed has pages for each boss and they have the original, vanilla comments. Might be useful information in there.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    he has to promote his sockpuppet's thread...

OT: don't forget that wowed has pages for each boss and they have the original, vanilla comments. Might be useful information in there.
    Why would anyone "promote" a closed thread? Why do you continue to harass me regarding this "sock puppet"? It will result in infractions as it is harassment, and is unfounded and completely incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone "promote" a closed thread? Why do you continue to harass me regarding this "sock puppet"? It will result in infractions as it is harassment, and is unfounded and completely incorrect.
    Why did you spend days promoting that post and defending it so vociferously? Even the OP didn't post as many defenses of it as you did. No one else did. So if it wasn't you, well, it's a little odd to see someone defined a pretty obvious fake leak so defiantly.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-01-22 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Why did you spend days promoting that post and defending it so vociferously? Even the OP didn't post as many defenses of it as you did. No one else did. So if it wasn't you, well, it's a little odd to see someone defined a pretty obvious fake leak so defiantly.
    Why are you promoting this other thread so much? We have all moved on, just let it go, leave it alone and move on with the rest of us. Its over.