Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    Woah, ok I think I could have explained a bit better.

Yes, you're all right that 1000 stacks of 1 is not immersive or fun or remotely enjoyable/good at all. What I meant is that now you no longer buy stacks from a person. The AH used to represent buying items off another player. Now that you can buy any quantity from anyone without seeing who they are it's two sets of Player+Computer interactions versus Player+Player with the computer in the middle. If that makes sense?

Yes it's an upgrade. Yes I'm happy about it. I'll be sure not to mention the word "immersion" again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Woah, ok I think I could have explained a bit better.

Yes, you're all right that 1000 stacks of 1 is not immersive or fun or remotely enjoyable/good at all. What I meant is that now you no longer buy stacks from a person. The AH used to represent buying items off another player. Now that you can buy any quantity from anyone without seeing who they are it's two sets of Player+Computer interactions versus Player+Player with the computer in the middle. If that makes sense?

Yes it's an upgrade. Yes I'm happy about it. I'll be sure not to mention the word "immersion" again.
    No you still CAN see who you are buying from. It is hard to estimate the exact count because you don't know the amount of stacks each player has put in but you still know who sells what and at which price.

And imo, it is more realistic because shop owner won't tell you exactly which item belongs to who. Especially if you are buying reagents.