Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Most people have used an addon since vanilla for ah
    If by "most" you mean "very few compared to the people who didn't" then yeah sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I dont understand something.

Has this new AH lessened or removed undercutting?
    No, players are still deciding their prices just like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    It harms... immersion? You have got to be kidding me. They should've made those gold bars lighter, too, huh? All that heavy lifting ruins the immersion.

Yeh I absolutely love new AH, it's just so good and comfortable to use it.

One complain I have is that auction house has a dead looking skin and it doesn't match original UI of two silver dragons and outlining, etc. Skin looks like shitty addon.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoMalakai View Post
    The new auction house is amazing!
    once they fix all the bugs it maybe... should have saved ah update for next xpac for more and better testing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    What the fuck? AH were never an RPG element, their very existence is nothing more than a quality of life in the first place. The only way to make them immersive and RPG-ish is to let the players entirely run them, no NPC, no menu, no mail box teleportation.
    What?! The only reason I play Wow, is because of going to the Auction House is so deep and intertwined with my leveling and raiding and role playing experience. The act of each purchase in akin to defeating a renowned adversary and a time of fellowship and storytelling of grand scale. The world isn't alive unless I see the many items listed on the Auction house interface and click one by one, each of those items. Like picking apples at a store. I must feel each and every item, to ensure proper ripeness. Each choice, each purchase, extends the knowledge and wisdom of my characters. The impulsive Worgen warrior charging into purchase. The prude and stoic Orc Death knight debating and pondering the value of each item and the suffering caused by spent coin

The new interface is a soulless black void of efficiency. No touch or smell, no sense of accomplishment. It is has if I'm wandering the great dead forest amongst the many faceless hordes of buyers and sellers, a mere empty husk of my former self. Each click predetermined, no choice, no agency, just efficiency. Cold, silent, meaningless
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-01-17 at 09:00 PM.

It should have but players are so fucking stupid they don't understand LIFO queue system.

Btw I am working on AuctionFaster addon, give it a try (it's stil alpha tho, so to get it for 8.3 you need to switch channel to alpha in curse client for this addon)

Right, you can still undercut but there's no particular reason to do it on commodities.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What?! The only reason I play Wow, is because of going to the Auction House is so deep and intertwined with my leveling and raiding and role playing experience. The act of each purchase in akin to defeating a renowned adversary and a time of fellowship and storytelling of grand scale. The world isn't alive unless I see the many items listed on the Auction house interface and click one by one each of those items, like picking apples at a store. I must feel each and every item to ensure proper ripeness.

The new interface is a soulless black void of efficiency. No touch or smell, no sense of accomplishment. It is has if I'm wondering the great dead forest amongst the many faceless hordes of buyers and sellers, a mere empty husk of my former self
    I loled, thank you.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda removes the while 'auction house' aspect to it though? Now it's basically online shopping. Sure, it's a quality of life bonus, but I think it harms immersion and the RPG elements of the game. I think it could have been updated without changing that base functionality.
    The AH is a thing of the past. I mean, now a days I guess most people buy tokens to make gold, so you just go there and buy what you need, and move on

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    While I suppose you are actually fundamentally correct, it's just weird when they've made something purposely use the FIFO method vs LIFO.
    When they announced the new AH, they said they made it LIFO(Most recent items sell first), because that removes the incentive for undercutting, which is to sell the item before the items that are currently available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I sell pets on various realms. New AH is crap for distinguishing pet lvls. Wants to sell my lvl 25 for same price as lvl 1. Hurry up back ah add ons, we miss you

That question mark is very appropriate. The answer is objectively no. The AH made 0 realistic sense before and it still makes 0 realistic sense. Also the "base functionality" was unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The AH is a thing of the past. I mean, now a days I guess most people buy tokens to make gold, so you just go there and buy what you need, and move on
    nonsense. Since BFA release I made millions on the auction house. This just makes playing the AH no fun...in the end it is another step to dumb down the game to make things easier for people. Which is ok I guess...lucky enough I could max out my bnet balance before the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    I used to make 100k a day, since 8.3 Im making around 12k so I think it sucks.
    I'm gonna assume that you were the kind of person to post single stacks of ore. So I don't really feel bad.

a lot harder now to sell items. Old AH, if you put up a stack of say 30 items. And someone put up a stack of 200, but cheaper unit price. If someone only needed say 20 items, he would buy your stack instead of the 200 stack that had a higher total cost, even tho it was cheaper per item.
    Now with the new one, if you put up 30 and directly after someone put up 300, those 300 need to sell before yours is bought, it should have been first on the ah, first to go, Not last in first out.

Now i feel like i need to cancel auctions almost at the same time i put them on, its nonstop micromanagedment to sell shit now

This makes it a lot better as a buyer tho, but selling shit is a hassle now compared to the old one

That's all in your head, you don't really need to undercut or cancel and relist, commodities will sell anyway. Try it.

It helps lessen undercutting since when you post an item with the exact same price as someone else's, you're put AHEAD of the queue. For example:

I put a quantity of Monelite Ore in the AH, at 1.5 gold each piece. Now, if you put a quantity of Monelite Ore:
    • At a more expensive price than mine, mine will be sold first when someone buys Monelite Ore.
    • At the same price as mine, yours will be sold first as you're put ahead of me in the queue.
    • At a lower price than mine, yours will be sold first since you're undercutting.

In short: if you undercut, you're not benefiting yourself. You're actually hurting your own margin of profit since undercutting has absolutely zero advantages now over putting the same price as mine.

But, hey, people don't care about reading patch notes, so we still got people undercutting because they don't know any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, ok I think I could have explained a bit better.

Yes, you're all right that 1000 stacks of 1 is not immersive or fun or remotely enjoyable/good at all. What I meant is that now you no longer buy stacks from a person. The AH used to represent buying items off another player. Now that you can buy any quantity from anyone without seeing who they are it's two sets of Player+Computer interactions versus Player+Player with the computer in the middle. If that makes sense?

Yes it's an upgrade. Yes I'm happy about it. I'll be sure not to mention the word "immersion" again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Woah, ok I think I could have explained a bit better.

Yes, you're all right that 1000 stacks of 1 is not immersive or fun or remotely enjoyable/good at all. What I meant is that now you no longer buy stacks from a person. The AH used to represent buying items off another player. Now that you can buy any quantity from anyone without seeing who they are it's two sets of Player+Computer interactions versus Player+Player with the computer in the middle. If that makes sense?

Yes it's an upgrade. Yes I'm happy about it. I'll be sure not to mention the word "immersion" again.
    No you still CAN see who you are buying from. It is hard to estimate the exact count because you don't know the amount of stacks each player has put in but you still know who sells what and at which price.

And imo, it is more realistic because shop owner won't tell you exactly which item belongs to who. Especially if you are buying reagents.