Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I have plenty more, I just know you're not willing to learn.
    You realize this reads like a petulant child screaming, "I'm too smart for you to understand, dad!"

    You have multiple people explaining why you're wrong, yet you continue to to smugly sit back and not accept it. Hilarious.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I have plenty more, I just know you're not willing to learn.
    You know very well it's not what my post meant, and that's why it infuriates you so much that you feel the need to try to have the last word. I'm making this post to make sure other people like you know what is happening here. You have my permission to reply to this so you can get your much needed last word, I won't reply since it's very obvious what our places are. My work here is done.
    I’m perfectly willing to listen and thoughtfully respond to your arguments. Guess that makes one of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    All good op, tried it myself and got to 50 hoping the gameplay would feel less of a snorefest with more lvls, but that wasnt the case, braindead rotations, no challenge and knowing that the difficulty in endgame was the same just made me quit, thankfully as people mentioned wow has 2 versions now and you can enjoy the one you prefer.
    Unfortunately, there remains a small but extremely vocal minority who refuse to accept this is the reality for a huge percentage of players who try classic. They just flat out refuse to accept it, and although they throw endless word salad at the issue, all it boils down to is "no, the game is perfect, its YOU that is wrong, not the game". This is the attitude that frustrates so many classic players like myself who enjoy it for what it is, a warts and all, horribly dated, slog-fest of brain-dead content, with brain-dead rotations, for people who want to spend endless hours grinding the exact same brain-dead content with sub LFR difficulty, and world content with Sub WQ difficulty.

    Honestly, some are enjoying classic so much because they have time, not skill, with no interest in improving as a player, and simply want to enjoy the ride. That is absolutely fine, games have an "easy mode" or "story mode" for a reason - some people dont want to be challenged and just want to enjoy the ride. The share amount of players putting in 12-16 hours a day to ensure they are middle of the pack in pvp is mind boggling to me, but its not my life, not my time.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Naxx vanilla was the best raid ever made.
    That's not how you spell "Ulduar".

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    That's not how you spell "Ulduar".
    Ulduar top 3, but it can’t compare to the vanilla naxx experience

    Wotlk was the beginning of the “one size for everybody” raid structure. 10 man, 25 man normal and heroic etc.

    Vanilla naxx was not only a better raid imo, but it only had the one difficulty... you were peak of the mountain top

  6. #206
    lol because you're smart dude. you don't wanna just auto attack 150 boars for 1 boar liver or walk 90 miles from one place and then back to another and then one place and back to another. i was nostalgic for the game too but it's just so so so so boring

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    True, but in classic's case a lot of the rotations are both simple and bad.

    Or have you truly deluded yourself into thinking shit like Frostbolt spam is good?
    Ergo, the flaw in your argument. You can't substantiate it without insults.

    I'm here to affirm that simple rotations aren't objectively bad. Also, are you under the impression we're only discussing Mage rotations?

    No one seems to be able to prove to me why they are objectively bad. It's because they aren't, but it's humorous watching you all try.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Look guys here's what gonna happen. I'm gonna step out of the class and I won't give you any homework to do. Have a great weekend.
    Reported for violating forum guidelines.

    It's pretty pathetic when all you can do is attack your constituents instead of actually supporting your argument. But when you don't have an argument, I suppose your options were limited.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I have plenty more, I just know you're not willing to learn.
    You know very well it's not what my post meant, and that's why it infuriates you so much that you feel the need to try to have the last word. I'm making this post to make sure other people like you know what is happening here. You have my permission to reply to this so you can get your much needed last word, I won't reply since it's very obvious what our places are. My work here is done.
    When you can prove me wrong that simple rotations aren't objectively bad, then you'll deserve to be as smug as you are. Thus far, you've only shared why you personally dislike them. You're deflecting your critical misunderstanding of the topic as if I'm the one who doesn't understand. Your personal attacks, however, tell a much different story.

    But you've failed miserably at that thus far, and I have no expectation that you can do any better. So by all means, continue your personal attacks until you're adequately dealt with. It's fun to watch.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2020-01-21 at 04:19 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Ergo, the flaw in your argument. You can't substantiate it without insults.

    I'm here to affirm that simple rotations aren't objectively bad. Also, are you under the impression we're only discussing Mage rotations?

    No one seems to be able to prove to me why they are objectively bad. It's because they aren't, but it's humorous watching you all try.
    You sound deranged

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    You sound deranged
    I doubt you even know what "deranged" means, let alone be able to diagnose it. You can't even participate in this topic without making elementary level insults. Aaaaaand, /ignore.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

    Vanilla naxx was not only a better raid imo, but it only had the one difficulty... you were peak of the mountain top
    And if you kill mythic raids now, you are at the peak of the mountain top. Just because there are some kids playing with sleds at the bottom of the same mountain does not mean they are on your level.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And if you kill mythic raids now, you are at the peak of the mountain top. Just because there are some kids playing with sleds at the bottom of the same mountain does not mean they are on your level.
    It absolutely does when there’s variations of the same gear. It cheapens it all, especially the top

    Added to that the seasonal nature of mythic raiding, and it isn’t comparable. None of it has value past a few months and then it becomes throw away gear in the name of accessibility and letting others catch up

    There’s no ladder of progression because there’s one raid at a time, one size fits all, and then off to the next. There’s never a period where there’s multiple raids and you can’t get to the next without beating the last.

    You know, like the good days that I refer to

    Retail is more diablo 3 than Everquest

  12. #212
    Nearly everything you said is opinion and it is stated as fact. As long as you recognize that and that others can have the opposite reaction to classic, it's all good.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Unfortunately, there remains a small but extremely vocal minority who refuse to accept this is the reality for a huge percentage of players who try classic. They just flat out refuse to accept it, and although they throw endless word salad at the issue, all it boils down to is "no, the game is perfect, its YOU that is wrong, not the game". This is the attitude that frustrates so many classic players like myself who enjoy it for what it is, a warts and all, horribly dated, slog-fest of brain-dead content, with brain-dead rotations, for people who want to spend endless hours grinding the exact same brain-dead content with sub LFR difficulty, and world content with Sub WQ difficulty.

    Honestly, some are enjoying classic so much because they have time, not skill, with no interest in improving as a player, and simply want to enjoy the ride. That is absolutely fine, games have an "easy mode" or "story mode" for a reason - some people dont want to be challenged and just want to enjoy the ride. The share amount of players putting in 12-16 hours a day to ensure they are middle of the pack in pvp is mind boggling to me, but its not my life, not my time.
    This is so ironic it's laughable.

    @OP, maybe when they release TBC it might spark up your interest again? I'm thinking TBC will be the "sweet spot" for a lot of players in terms of class balance / rotations / etc. It's great we have two distinct options though!

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    You realize this reads like a petulant child screaming, "I'm too smart for you to understand, dad!"

    You have multiple people explaining why you're wrong, yet you continue to to smugly sit back and not accept it. Hilarious.
    exactly why i stopped replying to him, he has no clue what he's talking about.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    This is so ironic it's laughable.

    @OP, maybe when they release TBC it might spark up your interest again? I'm thinking TBC will be the "sweet spot" for a lot of players in terms of class balance / rotations / etc. It's great we have two distinct options though!
    Explain the irony.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It absolutely does when there’s variations of the same gear. It cheapens it all, especially the top
    I like how you call them "variations" instead of "vastly inferior versions", which is what they actually are - variations isnt technically WRONG, just a bit disingenuous. I dont like 4 difficulties - 2 would be fine, but to suggest that a fully geared mythic raider is just a "variation" of an LFR raider is flat out dishonest.

  16. #216
    Maybe it's just not for you?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Maybe it's just not for you?
    Seems that way - Entertainment and enjoyment are very subjective - and although i was obsessed with Vanilla in 05/06, that is certainly not the case now. I have changed, the gaming industry has changed, and my expectations from games has absolutely changed.

    I will get back into raiding tonight on retail, and no doubt have a blast doing it for a while, and then probably flick back and forth between the two. This is the smartest part about the combined sub - there is no "guilt" about not playing one or the other for weeks or months at a time, or quitting one altogether, as long as you are personally getting value for money out of the sub, it doesnt matter.

  18. #218
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,833
    The leveling is a pain and it sucks. But sometimes you have to wade through the crap to reach the goal.

    Once you get 60, the game gets really good. I haven't been able to stand BFA since Classic came out even though I tried a few times.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    True, but in classic's case a lot of the rotations are both simple and bad.

    Or have you truly deluded yourself into thinking shit like Frostbolt spam is good?
    I agree that there're more fun things to do than spamming Frostbolt, but if my only choice was between spamming Frostbolt and juggling 5+ different damaging skills on different short cooldowns with procs etc., I'd much rather spam Frostbolt all day.

    Why, you may wonder? Because I've always been of the opinion that the difficulty of raiding should come from bosses, not from playing your own class. Classes shouldn't be braindead easy, IMO, but should still be easy and intuitive enough that one can pick them up and play with them without having to spend days and weeks finetuning them (at least in regards to the actual gameplay, not stuff like how to gear them up etc.).

    For me, the sweet spot would be something like Destruction Warlock in WotLK. You have a DoT (Immolate, 15 sec), two short CD spells (Conflagrate on 10 sec CD and Chaos Bolt on 12 sec CD), and a filler spell (Incinerate). That's it. Yet, even back in WotLK, certain specs like Affliction warlock, Enhancement shaman etc. went WAY beyond that, to the point I felt burned out by those classes more than by ICC heroic bosses.

    In this context, even spamming Frostbolt can look like an attractive option.

  20. #220
    Elemental Lord matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Ulduar top 3, but it can’t compare to the vanilla naxx experience
    You know whats comparable to vanilla naxx? wotlk naxx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •