Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That is called a strawman - thats what you just did. You couldnt argue against any of the points put forward, so you created your own. Nowhere did i say they hired 2-3+ people to create a store mount. Nowhere did i say they hired individuals specifically to create store mounts. See, thats the problem with a strawman - its so easily disproved because the text is all still right there for everyone to see.

    I always laugh when someones argument is so void of any credibility or substance, they simply say "im not arguing with you, its not worth it" while completely ignoring all the points raised. There is still time for you though, we can pretend this pathetic little strawman never happened, and you can simply have another go at discrediting the points raised.
    Then keep laughing boy.

    I told ya already: no company wastes money on employees who don't do any actual job for them.

    Then you told me "but brruuuuh artists are contracted". Which is not a fucking argument in itself.
    You literally implied blizz hired artists simply to create store mounts which is beyond retarded as fuck.

    Your base claim of "creating store mounts take budget away from X" is also retarded as fuck, which I pointed out.
    There is literally zero correlation between the budget for a cosmetic store item and any actual gameplay developement.
    Not a single developer will be told "okay make one less NPC model cuz we need money for a store mount".

    You raised not a single fuckin point in your entire post. All you did was make a bullshit police analogy that accounts for literally nothing because your lack of knowledge in finances can only produce bullshit posts.

    I dont have to disprove shit since you cant prove literally anything in the first place. Unless ofc you work at Blizzard, which would mean you are fuckin fired thank god.

  2. #242
    It's been months, and I still can't bear going outside. So I rarely go outside unless I need to.

    Do you NEED to play classic?

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m presuming you got banned for that ridiculous statement. Lol

    Vanilla naxx isn’t comparable to wotlk easy mode 4 different raid sizes naxx

    To clear naxx in wotlk, you had to be logged in and at least afk in the entrance. It was so easy they actually had achievements for (no one dying)

    Compare to vanilla naxx which is the cream of the crop. A real difficulty unless wotlk. And to get there, you have to earn it. You can’t just show up patch day, you have to climb that mountain to get to naxx

    Sure, it’s elitist but it’s a lot better of a system
    That is true. Vanilla naxx was much easier than wotlk naxx. It is just players were terrible and playing on a potato with a phone wire.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    But they are balanced. If you look at tank scores at Mythic+10 and below they all score the same. It's similar for normal raids (and even heroic raids to an extent)

    At higher difficulty is where you start seeing the imbalance. But should they really tune the classes to the content that the least ammount of players run? Less than 1,000 guilds (around 20,000 players) have killed Mythic Azshara. We don't know the exact number of active players, but considering a (really low) player base of 2M then only 1% of the players have killed her. You don't tune a game around that 1%
    They should, they really should. For although the 99% won't ever see it so, they will follow the lead of the 1%, the 10%-50% would start prioritising the good versions of the top dps specs.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Then keep laughing boy.

    I told ya already: no company wastes money on employees who don't do any actual job for them.

    Then you told me "but brruuuuh artists are contracted". Which is not a fucking argument in itself.
    You literally implied blizz hired artists simply to create store mounts which is beyond retarded as fuck.

    Your base claim of "creating store mounts take budget away from X" is also retarded as fuck, which I pointed out.
    There is literally zero correlation between the budget for a cosmetic store item and any actual gameplay developement.
    Not a single developer will be told "okay make one less NPC model cuz we need money for a store mount".

    You raised not a single fuckin point in your entire post. All you did was make a bullshit police analogy that accounts for literally nothing because your lack of knowledge in finances can only produce bullshit posts.

    I dont have to disprove shit since you cant prove literally anything in the first place. Unless ofc you work at Blizzard, which would mean you are fuckin fired thank god.
    You sound like a person who never had a job.
    If there are 10 people working on new raid gear design and all of a sudden 3 of them are asked to design a store mount instead, it means that only 7 people are now doing raid gear design. That's 30% reduction in man hours + depending on who they take off (experienced vs inexperienced) also possibly extra drop in quality of said raid gear.

  6. #246
    I am Murloc! Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    DEEEEZ NuUuUuuTssss
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Most of my b.net friends play it now, and as one of the original players, you'd think I'd be drawn to it for ol'nostalgia's sake or because one of the many problems I'm dissatisfied with in live.

    Yet, I can't bear playing it, tried a number of times. It is worse in nearly every way to live. The only thing it has over live is community. Somehow despite the brilliance that was sharding and xrealm (something I use to seriously suggest back in the day ), live has lost togetherness. It's hard to explain.

    However, in every departement it is vastly superior to classic. Classes, races, system, art, functionality, the works.. all so much better. Live is far more engaging - the only regret i think is that you can't actually experience the entire expansion systems as you level through them. It would have been nice if Shadowlands gave you the systems that were in place during the expansion you lveelled. But that doesn't make practical sense as it'd be too confusing for players.
    I love it a thousand times over live. I never played during vanilla, but the game is better in every single way for me. It feels like an RPG. Live feels like a bot.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    You sound like a person who never had a job.
    If there are 10 people working on new raid gear design and all of a sudden 3 of them are asked to design a store mount instead, it means that only 7 people are now doing raid gear design. That's 30% reduction in man hours + depending on who they take off (experienced vs inexperienced) also possibly extra drop in quality of said raid gear.
    I'm pretty fuckin sure they have this thing called time management which makes sure they don't éven have to do Both at the same time.

    Your whole bullshit falls apart when you realize they probably dont design everything on the same week and then sit on their asses for half a year.

    Think about that instead.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Ulduar top 3, but it can’t compare to the vanilla naxx experience

    Wotlk was the beginning of the “one size for everybody” raid structure. 10 man, 25 man normal and heroic etc.

    Vanilla naxx was not only a better raid imo, but it only had the one difficulty... you were peak of the mountain top
    Nah, vanilla Naxx had a lot of re-used assets (I mean, nothing there feels "unique", besides living weapons). Also, some of the boss fights were kinda bullshit (hello, 4 horseman, 8 tank warriors with six pieces of tier 3 set). Ulduar has a more unique feeling, gives a way more epic mood, hard modes were unique and interesting and some of the fights were extremely innovative and original. Oh, and a secret boss available only to the best of the best raiders. So yeah, Ulduar was the top raid design.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I'm pretty fuckin sure they have this thing called time management which makes sure they don't éven have to do Both at the same time.

    Your whole bullshit falls apart when you realize they probably dont design everything on the same week and then sit on their asses for half a year.

    Think about that instead.
    I don't understand how you're not getting it. If they have limited resources (in this case design man hours) and move those from A (raid) to B (store mounts), then project A suffers from being under-resourced. It is Economics 101.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    I don't understand how you're not getting it. If they have limited resources (in this case design man hours) and move those from A (raid) to B (store mounts), then project A suffers from being under-resourced. It is Economics 101.
    Again, for the less intelligent, for that to happen they would need to do both things at the same time.
    It's not like any artist will be told "ohh Timmy you worked on a boss room, you cant do a store mount now sorry". Dont be dumdum.

    Like, designing a raid and in the middle of that tell artists to fuck off and make a mount.

    If those things do not happen at the same time (which they dont btw, again, for the less abled) there is zero correlation between the two.

    Also, I assume by "designing" a raid you mean the artsy stuff, cuz there is even less than zero chance the actual encounter design team has anything common with artists who make mounts.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

    Also, I assume by "designing" a raid you mean the artsy stuff, cuz there is even less than zero chance the actual encounter design team has anything common with artists who make mounts.
    Yet another strawman argument from you - there is no award for most strawmans in one thread, so stop aiming for the top. Where did ANYONE say that a raid encounter designer would be designing a store mount? Just stop, this is getting really awkward to watch now.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post

    Like, designing a raid and in the middle of that tell artists to fuck off and make a mount.
    Once again. This proves that you've never worked in a corporate environment. That's exactly how it happens all the time.
    You come into the office one morning are told: "Sorry, Billy, do a raid handover with John, he'll finish it and you're on store mount duty for the next 3 months or so". People swap projects all the time. Sometimes week to week.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    Once again. This proves that you've never worked in a corporate environment. That's exactly how it happens all the time.
    You come into the office one morning are told: "Sorry, Billy, do a raid handover with John, he'll finish it and you're on store mount duty for the next 3 months or so". People swap projects all the time. Sometimes week to week.
    Nah fam.

    3D artist might, cuz their work is technical but those who actually design the concept of anything won't be kicked out. Sorry to disappoint your bubble. You can't replace creative vision mid-job. Blizzard doesn't do that. If you paid attention to anything thats ever put in the game you'd know that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yet another strawman argument from you - there is no award for most strawmans in one thread, so stop aiming for the top. Where did ANYONE say that a raid encounter designer would be designing a store mount? Just stop, this is getting really awkward to watch now.
    Intelligent post. Is it not a school night? Why are you here?

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Nah fam.

    3D artist might, cuz their work is technical but those who actually design the concept of anything won't be kicked out. Sorry to disappoint your bubble. You can't replace creative vision mid-job. Blizzard doesn't do that. If you paid attention to anything thats ever put in the game you'd know that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Intelligent post. Is it not a school night? Why are you here?
    Are you for real? Look at Warcraft 3 Reforged. Their original "creative vision" was to redo the graphics and story to be more WoW like. Their current/release "creative vision" is to just replace the models/textures. This example is from today. Today. There are thousands examples like that from the last 20 years of their history.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    Are you for real? Look at Warcraft 3 Reforged. Their original "creative vision" was to redo the graphics and story to be more WoW like. Their current/release "creative vision" is to just replace the models/textures. This example is from today. Today. There are thousands examples like that from the last 20 years of their history.
    I'm sorry, did I miss the part where you are talking about actual WoW?

    Okay. Sit down.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Intelligent post. Is it not a school night? Why are you here?
    Its always so obvious when someone throws in the towel due to being overwhelmed - instead of responding to the point being raised, they simply throw out a very childish insult.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I'm sorry, did I miss the part where you are talking about actual WoW?

    Okay. Sit down.
    This conversation has been about the industry as a whole since the beginning - just because you have no response at all, dont jump to insults - it shows how defeated you are.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I'm sorry, did I miss the part where you are talking about actual WoW?

    Okay. Sit down.
    You literally. Literally said the following:

    You can't replace creative vision mid-job. Blizzard doesn't do that.
    Blizzard. Blizzard just showed that they do exactly that.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    You literally. Literally said the following:



    Blizzard. Blizzard just showed that they do exactly that.
    Mmm poor boy.

    And when u come back i hope you realize we talk about WoW here.

    I dont care what wc3 or helló kitty online does when I talk about WoW. Twist it however you want and be petty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its always so obvious when someone throws in the towel due to being overwhelmed - instead of responding to the point being raised, they simply throw out a very childish insult.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This conversation has been about the industry as a whole since the beginning - just because you have no response at all, dont jump to insults - it shows how defeated you are.
    You havent said a single thing but 'strawman' and petty whining. Take a stand boy. But I rather you sit down.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Mmm poor boy.

    And when u come back i hope you realize we talk about WoW here.

    I dont care what wc3 or helló kitty online does when I talk about WoW. Twist it however you want and be petty.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You havent said a single thing but 'strawman' and petty whining. Take a stand boy. But I rather you sit down.
    Why even respond to them at this point? They're just going to parrot the same tires bs "argument" over and over with the hope that you'll all the sudden throw critical thinking to the wind and agree with the garbage they're saying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •