Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing my retail guild talk about doing 19 keys for this and +6s for gear and this and that and they don't even have a raid team, no one plays, no one cares, there's like 3 people who really play retail, yet people are acting like 20 people are suddenly gonna come back and sign up for raid. This might be the most delusional I've ever seen people act, it's so bizarre.
    Like I have zero interest in grinding a single thing anymore. No interest in sub races, I don't care about vessels and nightmares and sockets and corruption, none of this garbage is new, it's just stats being re-offered in a different way (you benefit more from haste, oh okay, so more hate? how is this new?)

They pretend I don't exist because I don't log on retail and everyone ignores any dialogue about anything. Someone in the guild vanished and hasn't logged on retail in 6 months, eh, don't bring it up! Our 100% attendance people don't log on anymore, just don't talk about it!! No one is signing up for raid... Um, it's cool, it doesn't mean anything!!! The guild is dead now. NO IT ISN'T!! REEEEE!
    It's laughable.

Ignoring what makes Classic unique, Live is a pretty superior product in many ways. But people don't really care about about what is better technically. Classic is just different from retail, and it requires a different mindset if you don't want a boring grind to 60 and a boring 5 man grind to mediocre blues and a few epics. People really enjoy the exclusivity the game promotes and how it progresses, encourages group play and class uniqueness with being friendly all around (To some extent). It's not for everyone, and that's fine. It's an old product at this point, and the target demographic is definitely different (But not wholly) to those who play retail.

Same for me with retail now. I tried going through 8.3 a bit but it's so meh even though they made really good progress. I get what you are saying but if its not for you dont play it. I hope Shadowlands bridges the gap between current retail and classic somehow. Makes everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Most of my b.net friends play it now, and as one of the original players, you'd think I'd be drawn to it for ol'nostalgia's sake or because one of the many problems I'm dissatisfied with in live.

Yet, I can't bear playing it, tried a number of times. It is worse in nearly every way to live. The only thing it has over live is community. Somehow despite the brilliance that was sharding and xrealm (something I use to seriously suggest back in the day ), live has lost togetherness. It's hard to explain.

However, in every departement it is vastly superior to classic. Classes, races, system, art, functionality, the works.. all so much better. Live is far more engaging - the only regret i think is that you can't actually experience the entire expansion systems as you level through them. It would have been nice if Shadowlands gave you the systems that were in place during the expansion you lveelled. But that doesn't make practical sense as it'd be too confusing for players.
    then don't play... nobody is forcing you. also no need to make threads about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for keeping us informed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    So, the only thing classic has over live is the single most important thing in a massive multiplayer game? Ok.

Art is about the only thing live does better than classic imo currently.
    Something that is completely out of the devs control and also something that is now improved on live since most of the complainers got the game they asked for. Retail community is tremendously better now that Classic filtered out the problematic people who were playing a game they were not supposed to play.

There's no way you're gonna make a rational argument about classic classes being good. There's nothing good in a 100% frostbolt rotation or spamming a LITERAL zero damage skill as a warrior, there's nothing good in auto-attack wait for proc with about 10% active gameplay commitment from the player in classes like ret pally.

Races, well, retail has the same races as classic, and more, that means it's objectively better, not a matter of opinion in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don’t get why people feel the need to make this kind of thread. Ok, so you don’t like to play Classic and so what? What are you trying to achieve by making a thread about that?
    I don't get why people feel the need to comment in these threads. Ok, so you don't like the thread? What are you trying to achieve by making a comment about it?

As you can see, you did exactly what the OP did: voice your opinion. If you can do it, so can he. You're free to ignore anything you don't like, just scroll away my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If retail is so good then why are you here typing about classic when you could be having a ball of a time in retail??? you really came over just to complain about something you don't play?...hey I'm gonna go over to a house with guys i know that play Dungeons and Dragons and tell them there game sucks and video games are far superior...or maybe just let the people that enjoy it, have there social fun without you trying to rain on it.
    Yet here you are, white knighting classic instead of playing it. Or maybe you made this post in between your judgment casts since classic has such innovative and mind blowing class design and rotations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    then don't play... nobody is forcing you. also no need to make threads about this.
    Just like you don't need to comment in these threads.

Jesus, the hypocrisy is RAMPANT around here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here, have some attention.

Still loving classic. Even had some juicy guild drama over BWL loot today. Great times!
    Isn't it great we both have a version of WoW we prefer?

Most of my b.net friends play it now, and as one of the original players, you'd think I'd be drawn to it for ol'nostalgia's sake or because one of the many problems I'm dissatisfied with in live.

Yet, I can't bear playing it, tried a number of times. It is worse in nearly every way to live. The only thing it has over live is community. Somehow despite the brilliance that was sharding and xrealm (something I use to seriously suggest back in the day ), live has lost togetherness. It's hard to explain.

However, in every departement it is vastly superior to classic. Classes, races, system, art, functionality, the works.. all so much better. Live is far more engaging - the only regret i think is that you can't actually experience the entire expansion systems as you level through them. It would have been nice if Shadowlands gave you the systems that were in place during the expansion you lveelled. But that doesn't make practical sense as it'd be too confusing for players.
    To each their own I guess, I have stopped playing retail at all and am enjoying Classic all these months. Not because of nostalgia, but because for me it simply is a better game in all departments and incomparably more engaging. I even consider retail WoW an insult to Warcraft and an evidence that Blizzard has sold out.

What I don't understand, however, why did you make a post about it, looks to me as if you have a grudge with Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Same here, gave it another try a few weeks back but I just can't bring myself to do it. It's so incredibly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Races, well, retail has the same races as classic, and more, that means it's objectively better, not a matter of opinion in any way.
    I had to comment on this, because I've seen it several times and it makes me lol every time. Usually I just sit back and watch these "my opinion is right and yours is wrong" fights with my Netflix and popcorn, but every once in a while someone chimes in with an opinion that's "objectively true, not a matter of opinion in any way." Dude. You literally said, "better." What makes something better is a matter of opinion, especially in this case.

Yes, there are more races and classes. That's a fact.

That more races and classes is better is an opinion. For instance, it's my opinion that more races and classes is a lot of the problem with retail wow. 1) I wish they wouldn't spend dev time on it and would spend dev time on raids and quests rather than a race i will never play, no matter how good the racials are. 2) Most of them are reskins and shouldn't be races, they should be transmogs. 3) I don't want to spend any time at all dealing with unlocking the races, but they force you to or ignore quests that continually pop up in your quest log if you abandon them. 4) For classes, more classes = more class balance problems, especially in pvp. Always been a problem, but it does make it worse (again, in my opinion). For the record, I'm saying class balance would be better on retail than it is now if we had less classes. I'm not saying that class balance was good in vanilla/classic.

Also, I play retail. My point is, I can offer you reasons why I prefer less classes and races. Therefore, it's not "objectively better" to have more.
    Last edited by Baracleez; 2020-01-17 at 03:11 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Jesus, the hypocrisy is RAMPANT around here.
    I think there's just some overly sensitive people about a game they enjoy and seeing it shit on here or there strikes a nerve.

I did my time in Classic (lv 60, raided, was around for shit honor system world ganking and silver lining bgs), but for someone who is busy it feels like my time is more respected in Retail. Also the class balance is way better.

And the Classic community is so damn toxic, to the point that even content creators for it aren't even creating content for it anymore and some have even gone to play other games (more cuz there's not much to do in the game).

But anyway, I think you're getting a lot of those comments because maybe those people don't want others to see those sorts of comments and drive more people away from Classic and possibly over to Retail (there's this weird competition thing some people have between Classic/Retail as if one can't enjoy both).

Im a bit of the same way, i jumped on the hype train and lvled a druid to step outside of the meta craze, made it to 60 and raided once and im pretty much done, it was fun but now that i think about it i just thought it was fun, and i think it may be due to the phase system, theyre releasing raids and pvp in such a fucked way that it throws you off. Bwl before zg? Av before ab? Like why would you do AB when youre just going to farm av? Zg is an entry lvl raid you do to get a little geared to walk into the bigger raids, like seriously wtf.

So, the only thing classic has over live is the single most important thing in a massive multiplayer game? Ok.

Art is about the only thing live does better than classic imo currently.
    just art?cmon,retail has actual challenging content,spec viability,a better pvp system(i like the concept of classic ranks but it could have been handled better),an entire collections list of activities from transmogs to pets mounts etc,this is actualy an extremly popular one that more people do than actualy raid,and a bunch of simple QoL changes over the years that would take to long to list

I think the single most important thing in a game is that it's fun. If he/she doesn't find Classic fun, she/he has no reason to play it.

We dont play classic because of nostalgia, we play it because it is better and more fun for us. Retail is just way too annoying. The boss mechanics are annoying, everyclass have a fuckin block/buble/2 charges/jumps/stuns/damage reduction, everything feels like a homework weekly M+/daily quests. And the attacks have no fuckin impact. Go watch Bahjeera's arena video on youtube it is ridiculous. The dude has crazy gear, he casts a crit Mortal Strike on a clothie class and it barely deals 8% of his health. This is plain boring. In classic if a warrior crits with mortal strike on a clothie class with best weapon in game, the guy is half dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same OP. Classic isn't for me, the convenient things as well as the better looking art and gameplay in retail does not help me getting interested at all.
    My guild, who has been pretty inactive lately, because of BfA reasons, has expanded into classic and on that side the guild is flourishing like crazy.
    We've recently decided to "merge" both our classic and retail sides on discord, and started doing mythics and hopefully raids too, using cross-realm battle.net technology, with our new classic members. We're having a great time again!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    You're doing it wrong.

Not so much a game problem as it is a people problem. Most people are just ...meh and below.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Same for me with retail now. I tried going through 8.3 a bit but it's so meh even though they made really good progress. I get what you are saying but if its not for you dont play it. I hope Shadowlands bridges the gap between current retail and classic somehow. Makes everyone happy.
    It doesn't need to 'bridge a gap', it just needs to be good.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no shame in admitting that a particular title isn't for you. Some people love pineapple on their pizza, some loathe it... Some love their steak barely warm, others need it black on the outside and really brown and dry on the inside.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    A trinket didn’t require an entire guild to pull together, save and only one get it, does it?

The comparison you are looking for is if your guild only had one OP god tier trinket and they had to work at it for months and spend $500 worth of gold or more, and could only assign it to one player.

Then it would be legendary. Color alone does not make it legendary. When everyone is special no one is

Edit: there’s no gear in retail comparable to the real legendary experience of old
    The thing is though, color indicates the quality of the item, not necessarily the rarity/'specialness', although, they tend to go hand in hand. The problem with very strong items being very scarce, is that you'll have power creep based in rng.

WoW is steeped in rng like nobodys business. The Legiondaries were...annoying at best, and a PITA to gear with alongside tier sets and such, and you were behind if you didn't have the right legendaries.

Earning a legendary item through question is more fair and balanced. The whole grind to power them up though...