Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    The multi day mythic raiding model is simply not attractive to a lot of people in this gaming era. M+ at high level are similarly pretty cutthroat which turns people off.
    I get your point. Classic is like a chill friends and family game. However many people enjoy challenging and competitive gameplay. Retail WoW is the game with the most "complex" raid mechanics out there. To each their own.

Honestly I would enjoy the loot model of Classic better. But I would never be able to raid with bosses that have 1-3 mechanics. Give me Firefighter Mimiron and I'm more than thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    reducto ad absurdum is when you argue something is true by showing the opposite is absurd. He said that rotations with more complexity are objectively better. I showed that's absurd because it leads to the conclusion that you should make rotations as ridiculously complicated as possible because more complexity is always better.

Prove me wrong lol.
    Oh dear, see why you should have just stopped? You did the exact opposite of what you claim you did. Seriously, you cant be this blind. Do you know what opposite means?

I stopped playing classic wow because the playerbase has become increasingly toxic, especially the streamers.

Sucks to play on arcanite reaper and then everybody goes to the same server as the streamer.

Feels bad knowing that the streamers are practically handed legendaries, loot, and gold while I have to work my ass off.

its been a year and i cant bear to play retail, logged in to do event for mount and just reminded me why i quit. I will just go back to classic. To each their own i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I stopped playing classic wow because the playerbase has become increasingly toxic, especially the streamers.

Sucks to play on arcanite reaper and then everybody goes to the same server as the streamer.

Feels bad knowing that the streamers are practically handed legendaries, loot, and gold while I have to work my ass off.
    It would seem most of the larger streamers have quit classic anyway, which sadly will make those realms even worse, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Wrong. Did you ask all those millions of people? Extremely doubtful.

Simple =/= bad.
    True, but in classic's case a lot of the rotations are both simple and bad.

Or have you truly deluded yourself into thinking shit like Frostbolt spam is good?

I think there are too many tanks. I also just draw the line at monks because I personally don’t find the class fantasy all that compelling, and stagger is fundamentally impossible to balance.
    Too many tanks? There is a lack of them currently

Also, why take away options from players? Right now tanks feel different. Some focus on self healing, others on active or passive mitigation. Diverse and fun.

Also, stagger just got nerfed. It is possible to balance it, it's just about the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If retail is so good then why are you here typing about classic when you could be having a ball of a time in retail??? you really came over just to complain about something you don't play?...hey I'm gonna go over to a house with guys i know that play Dungeons and Dragons and tell them there game sucks and video games are far superior...or maybe just let the people that enjoy it, have there social fun without you trying to rain on it.
    They are paid shills from opposing corporations/competitors to Blizzard (astrotruf)

The shill business (opposition shill) is huge across all industries. In politics we call it "astroturfing."

They do primarily to discourage new players (who are savvy readers, but lousy astroturf detectives) from trying/playing the game.

Their ultimate goal it to choke out the supply of new customers (players) that would have otherwise replaced retired customers (players).

I'd rather have a smaller number because that's easier to balance.
    But they are balanced. If you look at tank scores at Mythic+10 and below they all score the same. It's similar for normal raids (and even heroic raids to an extent)

At higher difficulty is where you start seeing the imbalance. But should they really tune the classes to the content that the least ammount of players run? Less than 1,000 guilds (around 20,000 players) have killed Mythic Azshara. We don't know the exact number of active players, but considering a (really low) player base of 2M then only 1% of the players have killed her. You don't tune a game around that 1%

A place where you see massive imbalance is with world first guilds. They stack the FotM spec to push through. But you only see this in less than 50 guilds for the first few lockouts.

Then the whole Mythic+/Raid/PvP. It's almost imposible to balance everything perfectly across the board at all difficulties.

For the avarage player, all specs are balanced and can be played in all types of content.

Then there's Classic. Balance isn't even a concept there
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-01-18 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It would seem most of the larger streamers have quit classic anyway, which sadly will make those realms even worse, imo.
    Streamers are attracted to where the money is, continuous honour grinding for rank 14 doesn't fit in with what they think their audience wants to watch so they leave.

Quite disappointing to see some of the more famous ones go back to retail considering that when classic came out they couldn't stop going on about how bad retail was in comparison and the awful plasticy mess it had become.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Races, well, retail has the same races as classic, and more, that means it's objectively better, not a matter of opinion in any way.
    I do enjoy your opinionated facts that are subjectively objective. People who care about the faction war could easily point out that the original racial divide made sense, as opposed to today where the mixes are completely nonsensical and make both factions lose all credibility. More is not always better.

On topic, I was pretty much in the same boat. I started toward the tail end of vanilla, and while it was amazing at the time for someone who had never played anything like it, nostalgia was nowhere near enough to make me enjoy it again today. Retail is better in nearly every way in my opinion. The only things about classic that appeal to me are no flying, no time limit or stupid tie rules in battlegrounds, and no ridiculous gear scaling systems that make so little sense that even the developers are unable to explain it.

I forced myself to level 38 - but yes OP, there is so little to do outside waiting for mobs to spawn whilst you hunt down that 1% drop rate quest items.

That was the nature of Classic WoW - lots of boredom, very little action and very little opportunity to do anything else.

The difference 15 years ago was it was new, and the exploration itself was interesting.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Sorry, what does BfA “mean” now? All games mean nothing all the time. They’re toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Streamers are attracted to where the money is, continuous honour grinding for rank 14 doesn't fit in with what they think their audience wants to watch so they leave.

Quite disappointing to see some of the more famous ones go back to retail considering that when classic came out they couldn't stop going on about how bad retail was in comparison and the awful plasticy mess it had become.
    Why is it disappointing? you said it yourself, they are chasing money. They badmouthed retail because thats what SOME of the classic community wanted to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Sorry, what does BfA “mean” now? All games mean nothing all the time. They’re toys.
    I love watching new and alt accounts try to boost their post count with such meaningless drivel.

Retail hasn't been good in years. Haven't played in awhile, but every time I tune into a Twitch stream if it's not Classic I'm not even going to bother to watch even if it's for a minute.

IMO it was fun at the beginning when everyone was leveling, not so fun anymore after clearing all endgame content during second week. The fresh start is insanely fun though, no 60's ganking but you generally face people of similar lvl. Low level economy exists (bags etc.). Easy to get into dungeon groups. If you did not enjoy it in the beginning, you probably will have even harder time enjoying it now.

The game changes a lot 1-2 months after launch, and personally I find no joy in grinding for months, since I already did that 15 years ago. Will play on a fresh server again though if we ever get one.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s your subjective opinion OP

I personally play classic daily and can’t imagine what anyone sees in diablo the mmo (aka retail wow)

Shadowlands doesn’t even look that interesting to me tbh, I’ll be enjoying naxx

- - - Updated - - -

I feel where they Op is coming from, he just doesn’t understand why everyone he knows prefers classic when he prefers retail.

It may not be for him, just as retail doesn’t appeal to me without fundamental changes
    even though I am tired of classic, (there is nothing to do for me am full bis and dont do pvp)

I can say that original Naxx is INDREDIBLE, such great fun and addictive. Most importantly, far more interesting and fun than anything Shadowlands will have to offer. Mark my words, that xpack is looking worse by the week.
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

MMORPG

Massive - Both live abd classic has it but clasdic with no crossrealm, no sharding and no layers make the connection to realms better.
    Multiplayer - same as above, but also Classic "forces" player interaction together because there’s no automation systems to dungeons or pug raids. Because it can be so annoying and time dependant to get groups you make sure to behave and communicate in Classic.
    Online - well nothing changed there.
    Role Playing Game - While I cant speak for everyone it is my belief that modern wow has lost the role playing part of the genre, everyone can do everything and there’s very little identity and flavor in classes. Yes Classic is horribly unbalanced and wouldn’t ger ideal for expansions to follow, but players know and embrace this if they chose to play. You know what different things to expect from XYZ classes and specs, players have roles and "duties" in classic. Unlike retail where everyone can do everything and everyone looks like superheroes with transmog.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

7+ Year Old Account
    Retail doesn’t even feel like WoW to me.

Even looking at the current previews or gameplay videos. I did try bfa for a bit but it’s so different from classic feel like you could call it WoW 2 rather than an expansion.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    even though I am tired of classic, (there is nothing to do for me am full bis and dont do pvp)

I can say that original Naxx is INDREDIBLE, such great fun and addictive. Most importantly, far more interesting and fun than anything Shadowlands will have to offer. Mark my words, that xpack is looking worse by the week.
    MC period, to be fair, is the least interestibg time in Classic. It’s basically a overgrown 5 man dungeon, but easier somehow. BWL, ZG, AQ and Naxx times is where it really gets on
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!