1. #1

    Do you think that DH will ever have a heritage armour set?

    Due to less tiers and lackluster BFA DH themed sets, do you think DH will ever get a heritage armour?

    I understand that blood elfs had theirs and nightelfs will probably most likely in the future BUT for a DH specific set would be great.

    A quest idea popped to my head is having us revisit our pre-DH days and explore why we've become Demon Hunters in the first place and also at the ending having a message from Illidan which could potentially spill over any future lore and expansions regarding the Legion etc.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Due to less tiers and lackluster BFA DH themed sets, do you think DH will ever get a heritage armour?

    I understand that blood elfs had theirs and nightelfs will probably most likely in the future BUT for a DH specific set would be great.

    A quest idea popped to my head is having us revisit our pre-DH days and explore why we've become Demon Hunters in the first place and also at the ending having a message from Illidan which could potentially spill over any future lore and expansions regarding the Legion etc.
    Heritage armour is for races.
    Blood Elves and Night Elves are races.
    Demon Hunters are a class.

    They did class specific armour in MoP (Challenge Mode) and revisited the idea in Legion (Order Hall). If they ever re-do this, then all classes will probably get a set again.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-01-17 at 01:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Heritage armour is for races.
    Blood Elves and Night Elves are races.
    Demon Hunters are a class.

    They did class specific armour in MoP (Challenge Mode) and revisited the idea in Legion (Order Hall). If they ever re-do this, then all classes will probably get a set again.
    Like I never noticed, you actually read the posts??

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,465
    I must admit, a "how did I become this" quest for both Demon Hunters and Death Knights would be pretty cool. For DK's the series of events leading to their early demise, and for Demon Hunters their life before the demons came, leading up to the one moment where vengeance became their singular goal.

    Though I imagine RPers who wrote a 20 chapter essay on how their characters came to be might disagree.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Like I never noticed, you actually read the posts??
    Heritage Armor is racial armor... it is about becoming the paragon of your race... makes not sense to have Heritage class Armor about your choices. Besides the Illidari set you start with on a fresh DH is the de facto look and one I still rock today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  6. #6
    Class Armor has been done to death in 15 years of WoW. They are unlikely to make a class armor quest chain for only one class, so until such a point when they decide to return to making class themed raid armor, you're probably out of luck.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I must admit, a "how did I become this" quest for both Demon Hunters and Death Knights would be pretty cool. For DK's the series of events leading to their early demise.
    But DKs have that. The intro zone explains you and your buddy rocked up and saw what was going down at light's hope and lent a hand, you died heroically and got carted off to be used as Arthas' new disposable sect of DKs.

  8. #8
    DHs have 2 sets of starter armour, class hall set and all the Legion pvp / raid sets. Yep they're late to the party so they didn't get 20 different sets, but you can't say they didn't get any when they got introduced.

  9. #9
    I'd say Demon Hunters got a pretty good amount of gear looks from Legion alone, an expansion dedicated explicitly to them. I also think they look good in a lot of rogue gear.

  10. #10
    current armor sets for everyone look bad tbh.

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    But DKs have that. The intro zone explains you and your buddy rocked up and saw what was going down at light's hope and lent a hand, you died heroically and got carted off to be used as Arthas' new disposable sect of DKs.
    Really? I can't recall this at all. Granted, I made my DK during.. well, WotLK, so the memories arent fresh.
    All I remember in regards to the "before my death backstory" is having to kill a living member of my race, who refers to me being a hero of my people and the snowy hills of Dun Morogh. (dwarf, obv)
    I suppose you're right and I simply missed this detail.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  12. #12
    demon hunters arent a race.. are they?

  13. #13
    I don't think telling the player who their character is does a lot of good, but establishing who the first Demon Hunters were, and then receiving and inheriting that old armor of those old first Demon Hunters like Illidan would be pretty cool. They could even spin it so you could discover old forgotten specializations of Demon Hunter if they wanted to.

  14. #14
    It's called tier sets

  15. #15
    Every DH armor in Legion fits their theme, there really doesn't need to be more of it at the moment.

  16. #16
    we dont really need a heritage armor set, we are not a race and we have basicly the armor set from starting quest line

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •