Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberzwieback View Post
    Visions as elemental are a drag. it is not even about dmg or survival, it is just tedious. I have ilvl 460 and can do 3 wings + boss, but as a melee with this ilvl it would be so much easier to steamroll through the groups and much quicker.
    You pretty much always have to stand still since you mostly pull more than 4 or 5 mobs and flameshocking doesnt really work.

But with all this annyoing stuff on you it just makes it really tedious in my opinion. Single target dmg is not an issue at all. Most elite bosses or thrall die in 10 seconds but the trash sucks (and especially the Affix in the rexxar wing sucks as hell --> almost always spawning while moving or running out shit or a corrupted eye Zone and then getting disoriented sucks balls).

I just managed to clear all wings and Thrall... while i hade 50% Sanity left atthe end.
    I wasnt even fast.

455 Enhancer.
    With some EXP and the use of one invisability potion it was not too hard to do.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If anything it really made me miss lightning bolt on the move and Spiritwalker's Grace...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    My resto shaman's ele gear set is currently at 437 and I have no problem doing the two easy wings and thrall. I don't know wth you guys are talking about with regards to visions being a problem with elemental shaman. Pretty dammed easy thus far imo.

Edit:
    Spec - 1311111
    Essences - Major:Breath of the Dying(2), Minors: The Crucible of Flame(4), The Unbound Force(3), Conflict and Strife(1)

Note: This is a lesser played alt so I really haven't looked into what the optimal spec and/or essences are. However, as I said initially, this guy isn't having issues clearing the two easy wings and thrall.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-02-14 at 04:48 PM.

If you happen to have Breath of the Dying Rank 3, i'd recommend using it as major essence.

It may not be the best for AoE, but you rarely AoE anyway if you're solo because mobs are so damn spread.
    If the essence is used on a target shortly before it dies (or the essence strikes the killing blow), you'll get a 100% buff on the next use and its CD is reset to 5 seconds.

Extremely useful once you "get it rolling" and essentially cut down each mob with the 100% buff just to trigger the same effect again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you happen to have Breath of the Dying Rank 3, i'd recommend using it as major essence.

It may not be the best for AoE, but you rarely AoE anyway if you're solo because mobs are so damn spread.
    If the essence is used on a target shortly before it dies (or the essence strikes the killing blow), you'll get a 100% buff on the next use and its CD is reset to 5 seconds.

Extremely useful once you "get it rolling" and essentially cut down each mob with the 100% buff just to trigger the same effect again.
    You should aoe in HV all the time... pull mobs, los them so they group, nuke them down

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    You should aoe in HV all the time... pull mobs, los them so they group, nuke them down
    Wouldn't recommend it if you're doing it solo, especially once you're going for masks.
    The reason being that a handful of mobs start to throw CC at you before you can kill them, affixes such as Scorching feet and Split Personality becoming a major nuisance, mask affixes (such as voidzones dropping under you) and so forth.

Not to mention that the damage output of these mobs also starts to ramp up significantly and some caster mobs take their sweet time before you can actually AoE them.

I've done a Full clear +4 Masks with a mate and in Lost areas i was more concerned dealing with the Area specific Affixes, Mask Affixes and not dying than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    My resto shaman's ele gear set is currently at 437 and I have no problem doing the two easy wings and thrall. I don't know wth you guys are talking about with regards to visions being a problem with elemental shaman. Pretty dammed easy thus far imo.

Edit:
    Spec - 1311111
    Essences - Major:Breath of the Dying(2), Minors: The Crucible of Flame(4), The Unbound Force(3), Conflict and Strife(1)

Note: This is a lesser played alt so I really haven't looked into what the optimal spec and/or essences are. However, as I said initially, this guy isn't having issues clearing the two easy wings and thrall.
    Yeah there is a big difference between 2 wings and even 3 wings. 4 wings is a whole other ballpark then 2.
    In the third and fourth wing You lose a lot more sanity, the affix is annyoing and IMO rexxar is really annyoing too with his sanity reducing pigs, much more so than the other bosses who die in like 10 seconds.

I have done 3 wings on elemental pretty easily too, but didnt have enough left to try the 4th wing so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the 200 insanity from mini bosses trait and the +insanity traits it isn't too bad to full clear. I've done it twice with two different approaches.

1. Slow and steady. Mostly a single target build and essences, pulling packs one by one. Very safe but you'll need to use your orbs wisely.

2. AoE shitshow. AoE build and traits, pulling 3+ packs (depending on CDs) at a time and blowing them up. Much faster but very spooky at times. Definitely need to be comfortable with each wing and its mob mechanics.

I prefer 1 honestly, but not sure how viable it will be with masks. I'm cutting it pretty close and this is without any masks and 473 ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    With the 200 insanity from mini bosses trait and the +insanity traits it isn't too bad to full clear. I've done it twice with two different approaches.

1. Slow and steady. Mostly a single target build and essences, pulling packs one by one. Very safe but you'll need to use your orbs wisely.

2. AoE shitshow. AoE build and traits, pulling 3+ packs (depending on CDs) at a time and blowing them up. Much faster but very spooky at times. Definitely need to be comfortable with each wing and its mob mechanics.

I prefer 1 honestly, but not sure how viable it will be with masks. I'm cutting it pretty close and this is without any masks and 473 ilevel.
    im 467 ilvl, cleared upto rexxar with 2 masks(i leave him for last he's the hardest thing in org), had an orb+self revive left, completely messed up rexxar his mind trap (that u don't even notice without masks because he dies so fast) takes 480 sanity with the +400% sanity damage mask, so i revived and instantly stood in another trap losing 1000 sanity in 5 seconds.

Otherwise i would have had zero issue full clearing with 2 masks with a self revive left.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

I've done 3 mask solo clear as ele at 465 ilvl and basically forget about option 1, each mask adds 25% health and damage to every mob
    4 masks is also doable for me (skipping the -50% max sanity one)
    You go full aoe build and either beam or purification major (not for damage, for aberration stun)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    I've done 3 mask solo clear as ele at 465 ilvl and basically forget about option 1, each mask adds 25% health and damage to every mob
    4 masks is also doable for me (skipping the -50% max sanity one)
    You go full aoe build and either beam or purification major (not for damage, for aberration stun)
    I think option 1 will be the go to for 5 mask clears when we're at 65-80% sanity resistance. the actual drain will be very little while messing up with 400% extra drain from sanity damage is way way more punishing than taking 20 seconds longer.

full cleared with 3 masks today, daredevil/400% sanity damage/the add that spawns below 50% sanity, not too hard but not much sanity left either, doing it with double affixes and another 25% health/damage on mobs would really slow me down i'd have to start using CC or waiting on cooldowns/gift of the titans etc, could be possible with the 65% less drain but i haven't done a run since getting rank 11.

Cleared solo stormwind with 4 masks(not used -50% mask), 2 times this week, with 1 orb not used remaining. 471ilvl with 2321122 build, Iris in major slot.
    some key things i did:
    0. Only go with gear below 40 corruption ! You wont survive with Grand Delusions hitting you in critical moments. Healing pots dont forget.
    1.Mount up, pull 2 guards near keep while mounted, and everything on your way to dwarven district entrance. Pull 3 gnomes, los the train of mobs running behind you, and aoe the hell with fire ele and Iris.
    2.Pull almost full dwarven disctirct with elite in middle, without 1 pack farest away, use earth ele, BL and aoe everything.
    3. Old town 1-2 pack pulls. Since rogues will pop up extra and they do lot of damage, and also lot of cc in this zone, so better safe pulls.
    4. Trade district is cleared in 3 pulls. Rotate iris and elems for 3 pulls. Check bank for 10% crit buff. Mob is easy to kill, worth the time to do it.
    5. Mage quarter. This is hardest pull in entire run. I F*ed up here several times, you may do this in 2 pulls to be safe.
    Clear your way to tower in middle. Pull everything there with elite, except caster mobs behind tower. Use earth elem + BL here. This elite mob gives me more problems then last boss so i use BL here to save sanity. Easy clear remaining portals behind houses.
    6. You can wait and use BL 3rd time on Alleria. Or you can pull even without cds. She is very easy even with 4 masks. You loose like 200 sanity for entire fight with her, very simple mechanics to avoid.

Didnt use invis pots, not sure where to use them. Possibly dont do big pull at start, just kill 2 guards near keep, then invis till 3 gnomes at dwarven entrence.
    Orgrimmar not tried yet with +4masks. Stormwind with +5masks - dont think its possible for now. If someone doing +5 on elem shaman would like to read your strat.

sorry for english gramma.
    Last edited by pnrxtx; 2020-02-22 at 01:28 AM.

5 mask'd orgrimmar today using 2112122, got to thrall with no ress left, 370 sanity & a whole orb to spare, which i sat there staring at thrall waiting for cooldowns to come back before popping it so i had the full 575 sanity incase my brain died midfight.

food is Ghastly goulash so i never ever need to use healing surge the entire time im there.

Iris major, purification/breath of the dying/vision of perfection minors.

used 2 k'bab food because why not, couldve used more tbh.

iris is for trash packs, storm elemental is for every big elite, it will do a lot of damage while you're avoiding mechanics and if you get a gift proc lightning bolts get stupidly fast you should kill every elite before storm ele is gone, beware being near your elementals this week they count as a teammate and will proc the otherwise useless affix that fears you in the lost areas.

Lost area first with the big faceless boss because you want to bloodlust use earth ele to keep him far allows for easy avoidance of mechanics.

then the 2 corrupted areas should be same as a 2 mask or 4 mask clear here use storm ele on the big elites avoid mechanics first dps second, final area with rexxar earth ele is back for the elite after misha avoids stuns and crap, bloodlust&storm ele for rexxar stormkeeper/trinkets/stun totem for boars, iris on boars, then rexxar is a tank and spank that cannot hurt you with the 2%/health second, whatever u do don't walk in his little mind traps thats -480 sanity that'll end your run.

Thrall takes a long time but you've got ages if you didnt mess up bad just keep focusing mechanics and you'll get through that 5mill health pool.

Orgrimmar vision is not hard this week. There is youtube video elem doing 5 masks.
    Followed his tactic for 90% and finished 5 masks one time with 1 orb remaining before Thrall, second time 2 orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's crazy how much easier Orgrimmar is.

10+ Year Old Account
    ghost wolf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> leaden foot