Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    W can agree to disagree, there was quite a bit of queerbaiting in those MoP scenes.
    No their wasnt. If you think that. You have a lot of mental growing to do. Its sad that you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No their wasnt. If you think that. You have a lot of mental growing to do. Its sad that you think so.
    If someone offers me 10 years of adventure in a single night, I’d personally think that I’d be getting laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Anduin is over 18 as of Before the Storm and Wrathion isn't a whelp anymore, which is what people used to say was objectionable on his end.

Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

While you are taking a rather extreme take here, I do think its funny people don't seem to ever realize bisexual people DO exist.

Again, its still weird people jump immediate to graphic sex on this topic. Its a trope that comes up in the topic of normalizing homosexuality all the time, people against that jump to the most graphic thing they can to try and pretend its the norm.
    Before the storm takes place a long time after Pandarian, which is where this all started.
    Hope, the greatest power of all!

#WithoutRespectWeReject

And your example is childish and not useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Than you have a very low mentality.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-17 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well that's how it goes for all "teenagers" centric series, no?

And noone is forcing anyone to be what they are not.

Again, regardless of this, i reiterate, i do agree that the idea of Anduin wooing a guy is nothing more than a ship that some people like, that was even pointed out by the author that it was not a thing
    But you see...Anduin is actually a young teen in Pandaria...there was no adult to present as a teen...it was a teen as a teen.

Bullshit no one is forcing anyone to be what they aren't, people are trying to force Anduin into this relationship so they can make gay jokes.

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Don't think I've heard the term "chemistry" be applied so broadly before.
    It's okay, I'm known for needing to clarify anything I ever say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As characters with a shared narrative Maiev and Illidan play well off of one another, sure. I would generally only 'ship characters who had romantic chemistry with one another, so aspect of their personalities that struck a chord, as it were. Illidan and Maiev don't have that kind of chemistry. Neither do Kalec and Jaina, to be honest; their relationship always felt a bit tacked on (which is likely why it ended as unceremoniously as it began). Arthas and Jaina had a lot more chemistry insofar as that went, although that didn't amount to much either, given the givens.
    I'm the same, but sometimes I'd argue other characters are better suited for a relationship than the ones used. Kalec and Jaina is a good example. I did not like that pair and I felt both characters would be better off with someone else.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Looking at you Jaina x Thrall (though that one had a bigger chance of sailing)
    I dunno, I always read that on Thrall's side as being remorseful for what happened to Taretha.
    It was stated he found similarities in Jaina and Taretha, her sympathy for the orcs' plight only increased this feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They never were a thing. The fact that two teenagers can't be friends for a bit without the internet sexualising them with literally 0 basis on that speculation is so fucking weird
    As much as I'd like for an actual developed same sex relationship to happen in the story that felt natural, unlike the bullshit in overwatch they ass pulled Disney levels of cringe, I do also agree the shippers pairing these two and treating it like a real thing is just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Before the storm takes place a long time after Pandarian, which is where this all started.
    Okay? You act like people were demanding Anduin and Wrathion get down and have underage sex on screen in MoP.

You seem to believe that no other media narrative with teenage characters ever seemed to have fans who thought it would be fun or cute for characters to be together.

Again I find it strange your immediate jump is to graphic gay sex.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, this is also how I feel about it. I’m legit surprised at the hostility in the thread. Like it’s okay if it’s just wrathion is a flirt and anduin isn’t interested, too.
    There's also stuff like Kalecgos' conversation with Wrathion where Wrathion talks about Human/Dragon relationships. Which sure seems like a strange thing to have them talk about if there wasn't some subtle romantic undertones to it considering Kalecgos' closest relationships with Humans are romantic ones. If it was just like, 'Oh Humans are so weird haha am I right fellow Dragon?' then picking the one Dragon who has had an intimate relationship with a Human seems...odd, considering Alexstrasza and Ebonhorn are also there, both of which have had repeated interactions with Humans and Humanoids.

And then Wrathion, in the Stormwind Horrific Vision, telling the player to deliberately not go into the Keep because he can't bear to see what has happened there. Where, you know, Anduin is.

Blizzard will never do a prominent LGBT relationship up front on screen in any of their games, because they're shown they care way more about selling games in the East instead of what they supposedly believe in, so its funny how upset some people get over Wrathion/Anduin shippers.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-17 at 10:18 PM.

There's also stuff like Kalecgos' conversation with Wrathion where Wrathion talks about Human/Dragon relationships. Which sure seems like a strange thing to have them talk about if there wasn't some subtle romantic undertones to it considering Kalecgos' closest relationships with Humans are romantic ones. If it was just like, 'Oh Humans are so weird haha am I right fellow Dragon?' then picking the one Dragon who has had an intimate relationship with a Human seems...odd, considering Alexstrasza and Ebonhorn are also there, both of which have had repeated interactions with Humans and Humanoids.

And then Wrathion, in the Stormwind Horrific Vision, telling the player to deliberately not go into the Keep because he can't bear to see what has happened there. Where, you know, Anduin is.
    That makes me think that there might be a one-sided infatuation on Wrathion's part - something Anduin either doesn't reciprocate or doesn't perceive. This would also square with his general tone in the 8.3 intro cinematic, his feelings for Anduin clouding the fact that Anduin wasn't going to take his presence well given the fallout from WoD and Legion.
    "I remember what I told you, but I can't remember why. The moon is turning red and bleeding through the sky. Absolution, redemption, salvation at the end - when justice is served don't expect me to attend." - Trust Obey, "Raymond Chandler Evening"

Okay? You act like people were demanding Anduin and Wrathion get down and have underage sex on screen in MoP.

You seem to believe that no other media narrative with teenage characters ever seemed to have fans who thought it would be fun or cute for characters to be together.

Again I find it strange your immediate jump is to graphic gay sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will never do a prominent LGBT relationship up front on screen in any of their games, because they're shown they care way more about selling games in the East instead of what they supposedly believe in, so its funny how upset some people get over Wrathion/Anduin shippers.
    Stop pretending like this is to be fun or cute, this is all to call Anduin gay...to use it as a insult.

#WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Stop pretending like this is to be fun or cute, this is all to call Anduin gay...to use it as a insult.
    I and other people have flatout said otherwise. Maybe that's just what YOU think about it.

There are plenty of people who see it as cute and have no problem with it. I don't know whats so hard for you to understand about that.

W can agree to disagree, there was quite a bit of queerbaiting in those MoP scenes.
    There is no agreeing to disagree. If you thought there was queerbaiting between a 15 year old and a baby dragon then you're a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is no agreeing to disagree. If you thought there was queerbaiting between a 15 year old and a baby dragon then you're a pedophile.
    Yeah there are never romantic undertones between FICTIONAL characters who are under 18 in media.

Nope.

Are you also a pedophile when its a boy and a girl?

If the answer is yes: You need to go look up what the actual definition of a pedophile is.
    If the answer is no: You need to then acknowledge you're just being homophobic.

Either way its such a ridiculous statement that someone is a pedophile if they think there are romantic undertones between two fictional characters who are underage in a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They never were a thing. The fact that two teenagers can't be friends for a bit without the internet sexualising them with literally 0 basis on that speculation is so fucking weird
    This, this, this with a side order of this.

Back in Mists when people were 'shipping' them... so much cringe, I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As much as I'd like for an actual developed same sex relationship to happen in the story that felt natural, unlike the bullshit in overwatch they ass pulled Disney levels of cringe, I do also agree the shippers pairing these two and treating it like a real thing is just idiotic.
    The closest we have to that are Koltira and Thassarian, but the speculation could be wiped away with one blue tweet. It's the one duo I'm at least 60% certain about, since their interactions are always built around overcoming barriers to be by each other's side or thinking of the other.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Yeah there are never romantic undertones between FICTIONAL characters who are under 18 in media.

Nope.

If the answer is yes: You need to go look up what the actual definition of a pedophile is.

Either way its such a ridiculous statement that someone is a pedophile if they think there are romantic undertones between two fictional characters who are underage in a narrative.
    I'm sorry but anyone who is sitting around obsessing (and that's exactly what it is) over the sexuality of a child and the child form that a baby dragon takes has issues. Plain and simple. And 'FICTIONAL characters' isn't an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    The closest we have to that are Koltira and Thassarian, but the speculation could be wiped away with one blue tweet. It's the one duo I'm at least 60% certain about, since their interactions are always built around overcoming barriers to be by each other's side or thinking of the other.
    Now see, this I agree with. It felt like more was there in some of their interactions, and it felt organic, as opposed to people seeing Kid Anduin and Kid Wrathion having a conversation in Mists and suddenly trying to force this 'WRANDUIN' narrative out of it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-17 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm sorry but anyone who is sitting around obsessing (and that's exactly what it is) over the sexuality of a child and the child form that a baby dragon takes has issues. Plain and simple.
    The people who do that seem to be you guys, considering your ridiculous outrage and overblown proclamations whenever this topic comes up.

Let's all be honest we know its just that your uncomfortable with LGBT issues and you're just projecting it onto this innocent case of people saying, "Oh that's cute" when people think about Anduin and Wrathion. Especially since BfA has them both be adults.

But alright, keep on being outraged.

Nope.

If you're hoping for romantic themes between children, whether it's fiction or otherwise, you're a creep. There was nothing there. It was purely the hope of really creepy people. THAT is what makes it a pedophile fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you're hoping for romantic themes between children, whether it's fiction or otherwise, you're a creep. There was nothing there. It was purely the hope of really creepy people. THAT is what makes it a pedophile fantasy.
    Then there are a zillion pedophiles out there. Everybody who likes ships in shonen, everybody who likes ships in american cartoons. The Last Airbender? You're a pedophile if you ever cheered on Aang/Katara or Zuko/Mai or Sokka and his love interests. I guess the creators are also pedophiles for doing those storylines. As are people in every teenage show where teens under 18 have love interests. Every single Nickelodeon live action tv show. Most Cartoon Network cartoons. Most animation in general. The vast majority of movies and TV shows, most fiction in general.

The reality is that the only reason you care at all is because you're anti-LGBT and declaring all this ridiculous bullshit onto people. The amount of outrage over Wrathion/Anduin or some of the Overwatch stuff makes it abundantly obvious. You guys don't care if its straight couplings. You only devolve into this nonsense when its anything else.

The problem isn't everyone else, its you.