Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They never were a thing. The fact that two teenagers can't be friends for a bit without the internet sexualising them with literally 0 basis on that speculation is so fucking weird
    As much as I'd like for an actual developed same sex relationship to happen in the story that felt natural, unlike the bullshit in overwatch they ass pulled Disney levels of cringe, I do also agree the shippers pairing these two and treating it like a real thing is just idiotic.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Before the storm takes place a long time after Pandarian, which is where this all started.
    Okay? You act like people were demanding Anduin and Wrathion get down and have underage sex on screen in MoP.

You seem to believe that no other media narrative with teenage characters ever seemed to have fans who thought it would be fun or cute for characters to be together.

Again I find it strange your immediate jump is to graphic gay sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    I agree, this is also how I feel about it. I’m legit surprised at the hostility in the thread. Like it’s okay if it’s just wrathion is a flirt and anduin isn’t interested, too.
    There's also stuff like Kalecgos' conversation with Wrathion where Wrathion talks about Human/Dragon relationships. Which sure seems like a strange thing to have them talk about if there wasn't some subtle romantic undertones to it considering Kalecgos' closest relationships with Humans are romantic ones. If it was just like, 'Oh Humans are so weird haha am I right fellow Dragon?' then picking the one Dragon who has had an intimate relationship with a Human seems...odd, considering Alexstrasza and Ebonhorn are also there, both of which have had repeated interactions with Humans and Humanoids.

And then Wrathion, in the Stormwind Horrific Vision, telling the player to deliberately not go into the Keep because he can't bear to see what has happened there. Where, you know, Anduin is.

Blizzard will never do a prominent LGBT relationship up front on screen in any of their games, because they're shown they care way more about selling games in the East instead of what they supposedly believe in, so its funny how upset some people get over Wrathion/Anduin shippers.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-17 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    There's also stuff like Kalecgos' conversation with Wrathion where Wrathion talks about Human/Dragon relationships. Which sure seems like a strange thing to have them talk about if there wasn't some subtle romantic undertones to it considering Kalecgos' closest relationships with Humans are romantic ones. If it was just like, 'Oh Humans are so weird haha am I right fellow Dragon?' then picking the one Dragon who has had an intimate relationship with a Human seems...odd, considering Alexstrasza and Ebonhorn are also there, both of which have had repeated interactions with Humans and Humanoids.

And then Wrathion, in the Stormwind Horrific Vision, telling the player to deliberately not go into the Keep because he can't bear to see what has happened there. Where, you know, Anduin is.
    That makes me think that there might be a one-sided infatuation on Wrathion's part - something Anduin either doesn't reciprocate or doesn't perceive. This would also square with his general tone in the 8.3 intro cinematic, his feelings for Anduin clouding the fact that Anduin wasn't going to take his presence well given the fallout from WoD and Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay? You act like people were demanding Anduin and Wrathion get down and have underage sex on screen in MoP.

You seem to believe that no other media narrative with teenage characters ever seemed to have fans who thought it would be fun or cute for characters to be together.

Again I find it strange your immediate jump is to graphic gay sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will never do a prominent LGBT relationship up front on screen in any of their games, because they're shown they care way more about selling games in the East instead of what they supposedly believe in, so its funny how upset some people get over Wrathion/Anduin shippers.
    Stop pretending like this is to be fun or cute, this is all to call Anduin gay...to use it as a insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Stop pretending like this is to be fun or cute, this is all to call Anduin gay...to use it as a insult.
    I and other people have flatout said otherwise. Maybe that's just what YOU think about it.

There are plenty of people who see it as cute and have no problem with it. I don't know whats so hard for you to understand about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    W can agree to disagree, there was quite a bit of queerbaiting in those MoP scenes.
    There is no agreeing to disagree. If you thought there was queerbaiting between a 15 year old and a baby dragon then you're a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is no agreeing to disagree. If you thought there was queerbaiting between a 15 year old and a baby dragon then you're a pedophile.
    Yeah there are never romantic undertones between FICTIONAL characters who are under 18 in media.

Nope.

Are you also a pedophile when its a boy and a girl?

If the answer is yes: You need to go look up what the actual definition of a pedophile is.
    If the answer is no: You need to then acknowledge you're just being homophobic.

Either way its such a ridiculous statement that someone is a pedophile if they think there are romantic undertones between two fictional characters who are underage in a narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They never were a thing. The fact that two teenagers can't be friends for a bit without the internet sexualising them with literally 0 basis on that speculation is so fucking weird
    This, this, this with a side order of this.

Back in Mists when people were 'shipping' them... so much cringe, I can't even.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As much as I'd like for an actual developed same sex relationship to happen in the story that felt natural, unlike the bullshit in overwatch they ass pulled Disney levels of cringe, I do also agree the shippers pairing these two and treating it like a real thing is just idiotic.
    The closest we have to that are Koltira and Thassarian, but the speculation could be wiped away with one blue tweet. It's the one duo I'm at least 60% certain about, since their interactions are always built around overcoming barriers to be by each other's side or thinking of the other.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there are never romantic undertones between FICTIONAL characters who are under 18 in media.

Nope.

If the answer is yes: You need to go look up what the actual definition of a pedophile is.

Either way its such a ridiculous statement that someone is a pedophile if they think there are romantic undertones between two fictional characters who are underage in a narrative.
    I'm sorry but anyone who is sitting around obsessing (and that's exactly what it is) over the sexuality of a child and the child form that a baby dragon takes has issues. Plain and simple. And 'FICTIONAL characters' isn't an excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    The closest we have to that are Koltira and Thassarian, but the speculation could be wiped away with one blue tweet. It's the one duo I'm at least 60% certain about, since their interactions are always built around overcoming barriers to be by each other's side or thinking of the other.
    Now see, this I agree with. It felt like more was there in some of their interactions, and it felt organic, as opposed to people seeing Kid Anduin and Kid Wrathion having a conversation in Mists and suddenly trying to force this 'WRANDUIN' narrative out of it.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-17 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm sorry but anyone who is sitting around obsessing (and that's exactly what it is) over the sexuality of a child and the child form that a baby dragon takes has issues. Plain and simple.
    The people who do that seem to be you guys, considering your ridiculous outrage and overblown proclamations whenever this topic comes up.

Let's all be honest we know its just that your uncomfortable with LGBT issues and you're just projecting it onto this innocent case of people saying, "Oh that's cute" when people think about Anduin and Wrathion. Especially since BfA has them both be adults.

But alright, keep on being outraged.

Nope.

If you're hoping for romantic themes between children, whether it's fiction or otherwise, you're a creep. There was nothing there. It was purely the hope of really creepy people. THAT is what makes it a pedophile fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If you're hoping for romantic themes between children, whether it's fiction or otherwise, you're a creep. There was nothing there. It was purely the hope of really creepy people. THAT is what makes it a pedophile fantasy.
    Then there are a zillion pedophiles out there. Everybody who likes ships in shonen, everybody who likes ships in american cartoons. The Last Airbender? You're a pedophile if you ever cheered on Aang/Katara or Zuko/Mai or Sokka and his love interests. I guess the creators are also pedophiles for doing those storylines. As are people in every teenage show where teens under 18 have love interests. Every single Nickelodeon live action tv show. Most Cartoon Network cartoons. Most animation in general. The vast majority of movies and TV shows, most fiction in general.

The reality is that the only reason you care at all is because you're anti-LGBT and declaring all this ridiculous bullshit onto people. The amount of outrage over Wrathion/Anduin or some of the Overwatch stuff makes it abundantly obvious. You guys don't care if its straight couplings. You only devolve into this nonsense when its anything else.

The problem isn't everyone else, its you.

10+ Year Old Account
    since it was only a fanfiction that never had solid reality base (and tbh it was creepy when u really think about it, wrathion isn't even teenage yet in wow timeline btw, so it was sexual relation between a late teen and a child...) it never existed in first place
    i did like to joke about it but i never took it serious, because of all ships in wow, this is seriously the most disturbing if u focus on it
    and why is wrathion appearing as a man when he is literally a child ? did he even reach 8 years old?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    sexual relation
    Wow shocking another example of the exact same thing I was talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who do that seem to be you guys, considering your ridiculous outrage and overblown proclamations whenever this topic comes up.

Let's all be honest we know its just that your uncomfortable with LGBT issues and you're just projecting it onto this innocent case of people saying, "Oh that's cute" when people think about Anduin and Wrathion. Especially since BfA has them both be adults.

But alright, keep on being outraged.
    Except I'm bi, genius, and openly so - been open about it since I was a teen. So maybe don't assume shit when you don't actually know what the fuck you're talking about?

And them being adults has nothing to do with this, the 'shipping' started when both their characters were kids. If you don't see the issue there, you have deeper problems than you apparently seem to realize.

Then there are a zillion pedophiles out there. Everybody who likes ships in shonen, everybody who likes ships in american cartoons. The Last Airbender? You're a pedophile if you ever cheered on Aang/Katara or Zuko/Mai or Sokka and his love interests. I guess the creators are also pedophiles for doing those storylines. As are people in every teenage show where teens under 18 have love interests. Every single Nickelodeon live action tv show. Most Cartoon Network cartoons. Most animation in general. The vast majority of movies and TV shows, most fiction in general.

The reality is that the only reason you care at all is because you're anti-LGBT and declaring all this ridiculous bullshit onto people. The amount of outrage over Wrathion/Anduin or some of the Overwatch stuff makes it abundantly obvious. You guys don't care if its straight couplings. You only devolve into this nonsense when its anything else.

The problem isn't everyone else, its you.
    You're literally refusing to read everything I said. There was no romantic story for Wrathion and Anduin. It was not meant to be romantic. You're a pedophile for obsessing over the ship when there was nothing there. If the writing ACTUALLY suggested it, then that would be a different conversation. But obsessing over a ship between CHILDREN when nothing is there is what makes you creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That makes me think that there might be a one-sided infatuation on Wrathion's part - something Anduin either doesn't reciprocate or doesn't perceive. This would also square with his general tone in the 8.3 intro cinematic, his feelings for Anduin clouding the fact that Anduin wasn't going to take his presence well given the fallout from WoD and Legion.
    can we just keep that ship as joke and nothing else
    in first place, why would a 6 year old ask about sex and relations? wrathion appear in game far more mature than his age, but he is still a kid, in fact as dragon he probably age even slower than us humans, so at age of 50 he may still be a kid from a dragon pov
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Unfortunately this thread failed to stay away from real-world gender and sexual orientation issues, which aren't permitted topics. This thread is now closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead