Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Hol' up . . .

Here's the legislature being passed in VA, which seems pretty tame:

https://wtkr.com/2020/01/17/three-gu...rginia-senate/

These nuts are getting violent over that? Over local towns and communities deciding for themselves whether to ban guns, a 30 day wait period to buy more than one hand gun and a background check?

Seriously?

This is why we call them GUN NUTS.
    Yep, literally he is passing laws that 75-90% of the state supports. Yet the VERY VOCAL MINORITY are now calling in militias and domestic terrorists from other states and in some cases other countries to come attack the laws that have overwhelming support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Look, the reality is the democrats chose to impeach Trump of their own volition during a period where the right wing has totally lost faith in the system. That choice is now pushing right wingers to join militia groups. And you are going to see that snowball into the Virginia 2A rally. You are choosing conflict and war with impeachment. The signs are there. You can't impeach and then stick your head in the sand and ignore the consequences. This is all tearing the nation apart. You did not have the political power to impeach and keep the nation stable and you did it anyway.

Sigh.
    No, Trump got himself impeached for trying to bribe a foreign country to get dirt where no dirt is present. Go ahead, join those militia groups, now you are just going to end up on a fucking terror watch list depending on the group you join.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You mean, he is passing laws that almost 75% of the state wants? Because that is all he is doing. He passed a red flag law, a universal background check law, and something else. All of which have about 73-90% support in Virginia alone.
    75% of the state? pulling numbers out of your ass it seems if they had that much support 91/95 counties wouldnt be 2nd Amendment sanctuary now
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    75% of the state? pulling numbers out of your ass it seems if they had that much support 91/95 counties wouldnt be 2nd Amendment sanctuary now
    It's amazing how "conservatives" suddenly think sanctuary cities are a great idea. It's nice to know they will stop hounding on all the sanctuary cities for immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    No, I am not pulling numbers out of my ass. Do some fucking research.

https://www.insidenova.com/news/poli...c8b418c52.html

86% support the universal background checks.
    73% support the red flag laws.
    54% support banning assault style weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a terrible argument and borders on slander.

I don't want any of this. I don't want war. But the democrats are doing everything in their power to make it happen.

Maybe the better question is why are YOU so intent to shut down discussion on this topic? It makes NO sense to silence discussion. Its a real topic and VERY timely considering the Virginia 2A protests are about to start. Why do you want to shut down any talk of it? I have to wonder if you WANT civil war.
    "The democrats wont give in to the terrorists and that's making the terrorists angry." Good. The democrats are doing what is right. And they should continue doing what is right.

It's very clear you dislike the continued movement of minorities and young people, which are becoming a greater and greater chunk of the political spectrum, to left wing values and policies. It's clear that you agree, at least in part, with these "right wing terrorists" you're warning everyone about. To what extent I don't know, but you never condemn them or their views or their actions. You only ever condemn people for not agreeing with them enough. For not "appeasing" these violent individuals. But it would appear you're too chicken shit about your own backwards beliefs to come out and say that outright.

So you want to frame a societal regression back into a more conservative, racist, and oppressive society as ultimately being "good for everyone."

Which is bullshit.

In the 1960s, you'd be advocating that the civil rights movement needs to stop because the KKK might get angry. In the 1940s, you'd be saying we should stay out Europe's business, because we might anger Hitler. In the 1860s, you'd be saying that slavery abolitionists need to stop advocating for the elimination of slavery because the South might get angry. And in the 1770s, you'd be saying that Americans should really just give in to the British demands or else the king might get angry.

And you know what? We, the proactive United States, did NOT heed the advice of your kind in those situations and settle for cowardly appeasement. And what happened to the KKK, Hitler, The Confederacy, and the British?

They. Lost.

I can think of few things more UN-American than the defeatist appeasement you're pitching. So much so that... I don't really think you're an American. Americans at their hearts are fighters, sometimes stubbornly so. But we don't roll over and balk in the face of adversity so easily. Certainly not as easily as you want.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-01-19 at 10:42 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seems like the VA governor needs to cool his jets. No it wont amount to civil war, but you are unnecessarily riling up your citizens with respect to their constitutional rights. If there's any bloodshed, it will be on his hands.
    Nope, it will be on the perpetrators hands. What happened to blaming the murderer and not the weapon, hypocrite?

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    This forum was once owned by Steve Bannon dude.
    Any evidence of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a terrible argument and borders on slander.

I don't want any of this. I don't want war. But the democrats are doing everything in their power to make it happen.

Maybe the better question is why are YOU so intent to shut down discussion on this topic? It makes NO sense to silence discussion. Its a real topic and VERY timely considering the Virginia 2A protests are about to start. Why do you want to shut down any talk of it? I have to wonder if you WANT civil war.
    If the alternative to civil war is surrendering to neo-nazi and fascist terrorists and doing whatever they want under threat of violence, I'll take "war", thanks.

That alternative is worse than the civil war you're needlessly fearmongering about. You'd have been right at the forefront of French citizens complaining that the French Resistance was a problem and everyone should just let the Nazis do whatever they want to do. We know how amoral and useless that kind of position is.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh shit, no you didn't just play the facts and figures card!?

Surely there is a logical rebuttal to this.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

They polled 900 people LOL.

I don't want any of this. I don't want war.
    But the democrats are doing everything in their power to make it happen.
    These two sentences do not many ANY sense next to eachother. =/

Democrats haven't broken any laws - Dumbass Donnie Dump has, and you damn well know that.

Democrats aren't lying every single day - Dumbass Donnie Dump has, and you damn well know that.

You see all the evidence - and yet provide NO evidence of Democrats doing anything illegal or, indeed, immoral.

There are Republicans, independents, ect against Dump - yet you insist on labeling everyone who isn't against Dumbass Dump a "Democrat".

You sir - are a liar, and clearly a member of the Klan (Proud Boys, AIM, whatever... pick your poison) trying to incite a war. There's no way you can possibly say the Democrats are the "immoral" ones and Dump/Alt-Reicht are the "Victims" here.

None... zero... zilch.

They polled 900 people LOL.
    You do realize that most fucking polls poll 1000-1500 people, right? Literally almost every poll is like that. You are just showing the fact that you have NO FUCKING CLUE how polling works.

You do realize that most fucking polls poll 1000-1500 people, right? Literally almost every poll is like that. You are just showing the fact that you have NO FUCKING CLUE how polling works.
    Which is why they are useless.

This forum was once owned by Steve Bannon dude.
    Likewise, I'd like to see evidence if what you said is true. And I do mean that earnestly as it wouldn't surprise me in some cases - especially knowing how Bannon made his fortune (Owning Chinese WoW-Gold farming companies).

Which is why they are useless.
    Yet, they have been accurate, depending on who they are using as a polling institution. Rasmussen has never been right, but every other polling institution is relatively close.

Look, the reality is the democrats chose to impeach Trump of their own volition during a period where the right wing has totally lost faith in the system.
    So that should absolve Dump of Crimes???? Because "Right Wingers" have completely lost their moral compass and belief in the rule of law when they violate the law????

GTFO...

Affinity media was the one I was thinking of, it owns wowhead and I believe was affiliated with curse media. I dont think a direct line can be drawn, but bannon is a nasty part of the wow community and his influence would only be one degree of separation from these forums at the most. He certainly had an interest in the political views of this forum.
    There's only one degree of separation between the TV show "Doctor Who" and the Human Centipede movie series*. That doesn't mean Doctor Who caters the Human Centipede crowd. (((How's that for an obscure comparison? ;P )))

Now, as for the last line - I don't believe Bannon even knows this site exists, let alone focus on it.

His followers at Breitbart, on the other hand... I believe some of them do. Particularly as this was one of the first sites where "Gamergate" threads popped up.

*Before anyone asks... For 1-degree between the two - it's that Eric Roberts played a role in the 8th Doctor Movie as the Master, and also played a mayor in the 3rd Human Centipede movie.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-20 at 12:43 AM.

Seems like the VA governor needs to cool his jets. No it wont amount to civil war, but you are unnecessarily riling up your citizens with respect to their constitutional rights. If there's any bloodshed, it will be on his hands.
    "You can't just arrest people for breaking the law" is essentially what you just said and it's not a good argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, the reality is the democrats chose to impeach Trump of their own volition during a period where the right wing has totally lost faith in the system. That choice is now pushing right wingers to join militia groups. And you are going to see that snowball into the Virginia 2A rally. You are choosing conflict and war with impeachment. The signs are there. You can't impeach and then stick your head in the sand and ignore the consequences. This is all tearing the nation apart. You did not have the political power to impeach and keep the nation stable and you did it anyway.

Sigh.
    Hold the fuck on here. I need a moment for how "smart" this post was.

*5 minutes later*

Alright, so let me get this straight. The people trying to FIGHT CORRUPTION are the ones that need to worry about consequences, but not the people COMMITTING CRIMES. Do I have this right?

That's back asswards thinking and you know it. You don't fucking stop fighting corruption and law breaking because you're worried about some idiots that might do something.

You can keep dreaming of a civil war all you want, but it's not happening just like those riots you so wisely prophecized didn't happen.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Affinity media was the one I was thinking of, it owns wowhead and I believe was affiliated with curse media. I dont think a direct line can be drawn, but bannon is a nasty part of the wow community and his influence would only be one degree of separation from these forums at the most. He certainly had an interest in the political views of this forum.
    Wowhead is a direct competitor to MMO-C and Curse.

Anyways, Curse is now owned by Twitch, which is owned by Amazon, so technically Bezos owns this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "You can't just arrest people for breaking the law" is essentially what you just said and it's not a good argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold the fuck on here. I need a moment for how "smart" this post was.

*5 minutes later*

Alright, so let me get this straight. The people trying to FIGHT CORRUPTION are the ones that need to worry about consequences, but not the people COMMITTING CRIMES. Do I have this right?

That's back asswards thinking and you know it. You don't fucking stop fighting corruption and law breaking because you're worried about some idiots that might do something.

You can keep dreaming of a civil war all you want, but it's not happening just like those riots you so wisely prophecized didn't happen.
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically. I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over. In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.