Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Likewise, I'd like to see evidence if what you said is true. And I do mean that earnestly as it wouldn't surprise me in some cases - especially knowing how Bannon made his fortune (Owning Chinese WoW-Gold farming companies).
    He was CEO of the company that owned Thottbot and Allakhazam.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    So that should absolve Dump of Crimes???? Because "Right Wingers" have completely lost their moral compass and belief in the rule of law when they violate the law????

    GTFO...
    Being ethical is dangerous when the fascists are trying to take over. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Likewise, I'd like to see evidence if what you said is true. And I do mean that earnestly as it wouldn't surprise me in some cases - especially knowing how Bannon made his fortune (Owning Chinese WoW-Gold farming companies).
    Affinity media was the one I was thinking of, it owns wowhead and I believe was affiliated with curse media. I dont think a direct line can be drawn, but bannon is a nasty part of the wow community and his influence would only be one degree of separation from these forums at the most. He certainly had an interest in the political views of this forum.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Affinity media was the one I was thinking of, it owns wowhead and I believe was affiliated with curse media. I dont think a direct line can be drawn, but bannon is a nasty part of the wow community and his influence would only be one degree of separation from these forums at the most. He certainly had an interest in the political views of this forum.
    There's only one degree of separation between the TV show "Doctor Who" and the Human Centipede movie series*. That doesn't mean Doctor Who caters the Human Centipede crowd. (((How's that for an obscure comparison? ;P )))

    Now, as for the last line - I don't believe Bannon even knows this site exists, let alone focus on it.

    His followers at Breitbart, on the other hand... I believe some of them do. Particularly as this was one of the first sites where "Gamergate" threads popped up.




    *Before anyone asks... For 1-degree between the two - it's that Eric Roberts played a role in the 8th Doctor Movie as the Master, and also played a mayor in the 3rd Human Centipede movie.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-20 at 12:43 AM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    There's only one degree of separation between the TV show "Doctor Who" and the Human Centipede movie series*. That doesn't mean Doctor Who caters the Human Centipede crowd. (((How's that for an obscure comparison? ;P )))

    Now, as for the last line - I don't believe Bannon even knows this site exists, let alone focus on it.

    His followers at Breitbart, on the other hand... I believe some of them do. Particularly as this was one of the first sites where "Gamergate" threads popped up.




    *Before anyone asks... For 1-degree between the two - it's that Eric Roberts played a role in the 8th Doctor Movie as the Master, and also played a mayor in the 3rd Human Centipede movie.
    Affiliate companies are a bit more involved than sharing an actor.

    Yeah his goal of radicalizing disenfranchised millennial wow players means this forum would be of no interest to him. And yeah I doubt he gets his hands dirty of course he encourages his followers to do it, that's avoiding accountability 101

    Also wtf triple brackets? You know that's a right wing dog whistle to identify jewish people right?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Seems like the VA governor needs to cool his jets. No it wont amount to civil war, but you are unnecessarily riling up your citizens with respect to their constitutional rights. If there's any bloodshed, it will be on his hands.
    "You can't just arrest people for breaking the law" is essentially what you just said and it's not a good argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Look, the reality is the democrats chose to impeach Trump of their own volition during a period where the right wing has totally lost faith in the system. That choice is now pushing right wingers to join militia groups. And you are going to see that snowball into the Virginia 2A rally. You are choosing conflict and war with impeachment. The signs are there. You can't impeach and then stick your head in the sand and ignore the consequences. This is all tearing the nation apart. You did not have the political power to impeach and keep the nation stable and you did it anyway.

    Sigh.
    Hold the fuck on here. I need a moment for how "smart" this post was.

    *5 minutes later*

    Alright, so let me get this straight. The people trying to FIGHT CORRUPTION are the ones that need to worry about consequences, but not the people COMMITTING CRIMES. Do I have this right?

    That's back asswards thinking and you know it. You don't fucking stop fighting corruption and law breaking because you're worried about some idiots that might do something.

    You can keep dreaming of a civil war all you want, but it's not happening just like those riots you so wisely prophecized didn't happen.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Affinity media was the one I was thinking of, it owns wowhead and I believe was affiliated with curse media. I dont think a direct line can be drawn, but bannon is a nasty part of the wow community and his influence would only be one degree of separation from these forums at the most. He certainly had an interest in the political views of this forum.
    Wowhead is a direct competitor to MMO-C and Curse.

    Anyways, Curse is now owned by Twitch, which is owned by Amazon, so technically Bezos owns this website.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "You can't just arrest people for breaking the law" is essentially what you just said and it's not a good argument.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hold the fuck on here. I need a moment for how "smart" this post was.

    *5 minutes later*

    Alright, so let me get this straight. The people trying to FIGHT CORRUPTION are the ones that need to worry about consequences, but not the people COMMITTING CRIMES. Do I have this right?

    That's back asswards thinking and you know it. You don't fucking stop fighting corruption and law breaking because you're worried about some idiots that might do something.

    You can keep dreaming of a civil war all you want, but it's not happening just like those riots you so wisely prophecized didn't happen.
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically. I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over. In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  8. #88
    "The 'Trump' Base"

  9. #89
    3 more arrested in Georgia, think we are up to 10 now.

    The telegram messages are saying to take fire crackers and try and get some libertarians or cops to panic and fire at eachother during one of those predictable staredowns.

  10. #90
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eating torn up bits of Cinnabon like they were ribs.
    Posts
    46,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically. I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over. In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    Acquiescing to terrorists is not a sane option for anyone but the terrorists.

    Why aren't you addressing the fact that Trump called the military losers and babies?
    Little Caesar's: It's hot and it's ready!
    Me: I heard you the first time, but is the pizza actually good though?
    Little Caesar's: It's HOT. And it's READY.

  11. #91
    Immortal Stormspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    The state of Virginia has declared a state of emergency over the armed protests tomorrow. Law enforcement is getting credible tips of threats of violence from armed militias.

    Stay safe out there, people in Virginia. Scary stuff. I'm not a religious person but I'm praying no one gets hurt.
    If it actually escalates to the point that the national guard (or military) are sent in, these people are going to find themselves in a world of hurt very quickly. They will get to see first hand how "pickup trucks with shotguns" fare against A-10's. It'll be like Afghanistan, only a lot more dumb.

    I hope that if/when the big guns are sent in, these fools just keep up with the big talk and get themselves gunned down. I admit it will be kind of funny to see roaming Y'all-Qaeda taken out by A-10's on Youtube. As to the "if we don't acquiese to these terrorists there will be nuclear war", I'd rather see nuclear war than to give these fools even an inch.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-01-20 at 03:36 AM.

  12. #92
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    they are not a militia group, well not like patriot movements or oathkeepers. They are an intenational neo nazi terror group, a continuation of Atomwaffen Division (AWD)

    Heres a photo off Telegram



    They are into occult neo nazism.
    It's that some thule society stuff?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    "The 'Trump' Base"
    In the U.K?

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's that some thule society stuff?

    - - - Updated - - -



    In the U.K?
    He has mental midgets who like him all over the world.

  14. #94
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Affiliate companies are a bit more involved than sharing an actor.

    Yeah his goal of radicalizing disenfranchised millennial wow players means this forum would be of no interest to him. And yeah I doubt he gets his hands dirty of course he encourages his followers to do it, that's avoiding accountability 101

    Also wtf triple brackets? You know that's a right wing dog whistle to identify jewish people right?
    What isn't a fucking dog whistle any more. You said it so it MUST be true!!

  15. #95
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eating torn up bits of Cinnabon like they were ribs.
    Posts
    46,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    What isn't a fucking dog whistle any more. You said it so it MUST be true!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

    You being unfamiliar with something doesn't automatically make it false.
    Little Caesar's: It's hot and it's ready!
    Me: I heard you the first time, but is the pizza actually good though?
    Little Caesar's: It's HOT. And it's READY.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

    You being unfamiliar with something doesn't automatically make it false.
    Facts don't penetrate the bubbles these people have made for themselves to live in their alternate realities.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't want any of this. I don't want war. But the democrats are doing everything in their power to make it happen.
    Ha....you absolutely want it. No one talks about it as much as you do and doesn't want it.

    Maybe the better question is why are YOU so intent to shut down discussion on this topic? It makes NO sense to silence discussion. Its a real topic and VERY timely considering the Virginia 2A protests are about to start. Why do you want to shut down any talk of it? I have to wonder if you WANT civil war.
    So shutting down your conversation of letting people do illegal shit or else those same people might do something else is wanting a civil war?........What?!

    The reason this conversation doesn't need to happen, and that the conversation is stupid in the first place, is because you constantly keep talking about how enforcing the law will cause civil war. That logic is so unbelievably stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Which is why they are useless.
    Cool, so you should be able to show your evidence as to why Orbitus is wrong, right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically.
    No, you're goal here is to let people that are breaking the law continue to break the law. You keep thinking that because the FBI is arresting people that should be arrested that suddenly it spirals out of control and leads to nuclear civil war like this is fucking Fallout.

    I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over.
    The problem is all in your head. Just like those riots were. By the way, when are you going to say you were completely fucking wrong about those?

    In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    You keep going on about how these people should just continue to have no faith in the system and they shouldn't be messed with, that they should be catered to. At no time you come up with no ideas to fix the issue with the one party that is fucking crazy. All you keep going on about is how the other party should bow down to them because.......reasons.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    They polled 900 people LOL.
    Oh wait, up untill now you thought polls asked everyone? Lmfao that’s hilarious!

  19. #99
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,651
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wowhead is a direct competitor to MMO-C and Curse.

    Anyways, Curse is now owned by Twitch, which is owned by Amazon, so technically Bezos owns this website.
    I think curse sold or spun you off in some manner, as the stuff at the bottom says you're owned by some outfit called "Magic Find", which appears to be a privately held corporation in Delaware. Could still be Amazon up the chain though.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    What isn't a fucking dog whistle any more. You said it so it MUST be true!!
    Bye.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •