Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "The 'Trump' Base"

3 more arrested in Georgia, think we are up to 10 now.

The telegram messages are saying to take fire crackers and try and get some libertarians or cops to panic and fire at eachother during one of those predictable staredowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically. I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over. In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    Acquiescing to terrorists is not a sane option for anyone but the terrorists.

Why aren't you addressing the fact that Trump called the military losers and babies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    The state of Virginia has declared a state of emergency over the armed protests tomorrow. Law enforcement is getting credible tips of threats of violence from armed militias.

Stay safe out there, people in Virginia. Scary stuff. I'm not a religious person but I'm praying no one gets hurt.
    If it actually escalates to the point that the national guard (or military) are sent in, these people are going to find themselves in a world of hurt very quickly. They will get to see first hand how "pickup trucks with shotguns" fare against A-10's. It'll be like Afghanistan, only a lot more dumb.

I hope that if/when the big guns are sent in, these fools just keep up with the big talk and get themselves gunned down. I admit it will be kind of funny to see roaming Y'all-Qaeda taken out by A-10's on Youtube. As to the "if we don't acquiese to these terrorists there will be nuclear war", I'd rather see nuclear war than to give these fools even an inch.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-01-20 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's that some thule society stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

In the U.K?
    He has mental midgets who like him all over the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    What isn't a fucking dog whistle any more. You said it so it MUST be true!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

You being unfamiliar with something doesn't automatically make it false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

You being unfamiliar with something doesn't automatically make it false.
    Facts don't penetrate the bubbles these people have made for themselves to live in their alternate realities.

I don't want any of this. I don't want war. But the democrats are doing everything in their power to make it happen.
    Ha....you absolutely want it. No one talks about it as much as you do and doesn't want it.

Maybe the better question is why are YOU so intent to shut down discussion on this topic? It makes NO sense to silence discussion. Its a real topic and VERY timely considering the Virginia 2A protests are about to start. Why do you want to shut down any talk of it? I have to wonder if you WANT civil war.
    So shutting down your conversation of letting people do illegal shit or else those same people might do something else is wanting a civil war?........What?!

The reason this conversation doesn't need to happen, and that the conversation is stupid in the first place, is because you constantly keep talking about how enforcing the law will cause civil war. That logic is so unbelievably stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Which is why they are useless.
    Cool, so you should be able to show your evidence as to why Orbitus is wrong, right?

- - - Updated - - -

The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically.
    No, you're goal here is to let people that are breaking the law continue to break the law. You keep thinking that because the FBI is arresting people that should be arrested that suddenly it spirals out of control and leads to nuclear civil war like this is fucking Fallout.

I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over.
    The problem is all in your head. Just like those riots were. By the way, when are you going to say you were completely fucking wrong about those?

In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system, the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    You keep going on about how these people should just continue to have no faith in the system and they shouldn't be messed with, that they should be catered to. At no time you come up with no ideas to fix the issue with the one party that is fucking crazy. All you keep going on about is how the other party should bow down to them because.......reasons.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    They polled 900 people LOL.
    Oh wait, up untill now you thought polls asked everyone? Lmfao that’s hilarious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wowhead is a direct competitor to MMO-C and Curse.

Anyways, Curse is now owned by Twitch, which is owned by Amazon, so technically Bezos owns this website.
    I think curse sold or spun you off in some manner, as the stuff at the bottom says you're owned by some outfit called "Magic Find", which appears to be a privately held corporation in Delaware. Could still be Amazon up the chain though.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    This isnt just a few extremists. This is the entire GOP electorate sorting through 17 candidates and selecting Donald Trump because he was the ONLY candidate that doesnt trust the system. This is a MAJOR breakdown in American society. When I read what you wrote, I still do not think the magnitude of the 2016 election has registered with you yet. If the police, FBI, etc start going around arresting these people, its gonna backfire in a massive way.

This isnt a situation where Trump is removed or loses and we go back to the way things were. We're NEVER going back to the way things were (unless the democrats completely reverse course). THere has to be some MAJOR concessions on the part of democrats to republicans on major issues and it must happen immediately.
    So ignoring your massive boner for civil war, what major issues are you talking about could you give some examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I mean you see the problem right. To be honest I overstated the fact. But this website fell into the wheelhouse of steve Bannon and I find it hard to imagine he isnt A. Well aware of this website B. Has had direct influence on it.
    Can I just say that this little tidbit is off topic and a little strange that you brought it up to begin with.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well what has happened:

1. Trust in the system among right wingers is basically zero.
    2. Trump is elected and warns his base that the democrats will try to impeach him in a coup.
    3. The dems impeach him.
    4. Now right wingers are joining militias like crazy.

PROBABLY the left should reverse course and get all the way off Trump's back because, as they say:

"the Constitution is a system of government not a suicide pact."

It doesn't matter if you think your interpretation of the law is 1000% sound. If prosecution of that law gets you to a point where you have to arrest half of Virginia, you're an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

We're just backsliding into it.

2016: Oh its 3 nazis protesting in a town square, what a joke!
    2017: Oh its just a march of a few people, no big deal.
    2018: Hey its an organized protest but again nothing will ever happen
    2020: Hey the FBI is arresting organized groups!
    2020: Whoa there is a mass protest in Virginia! Do we have to arrest a few thousand now?
    Most of the people marching for Lobby Day obviously aren't Neo Nazis or White Nationalists, even the Antifa Seven Hills Chapter that's attending the March pointed this out. With that said, I definitely expect Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists to show up, but to pretend that all of these people are Nazis instead of country people with slightly different cultural values is just disingenuous and responsible for fueling this polarization.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is why you do not reach out to these people, you do not negotiate with them, and you do not even give them a voice. It elevates their position to the level of civil discourse, which is morally abhorrant and *dangerous*.

Well what has happened:

1. Trust in the system among right wingers is basically zero.
    2. Trump is elected and warns his base that the democrats will try to impeach him in a coup.
    3. The dems impeach him.
    4. Now right wingers are joining militias like crazy.
    "Now"?

You are aware that militia membership began to rapidly increase after Obama, correct? It's not a new thing

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Most of the people marching for Lobby Day obviously aren't Neo Nazis or White Nationalists, even the Antifa Seven Hills Chapter that's attending the March pointed this out. With that said, I definitely expect Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists to show up, but to pretend that all of these people are Nazis instead of country people with slightly different cultural values is just disingenuous and responsible for fueling this polarization.
    A bunch of white guys marching with their guns on MLK day is more likely than not to be neo nazi or affiliated if they admit it or not. The fact that a number of MLK related events were canceled due to this was probably part of their intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    yup exactly. The main leaders all had a meeting last night and said they would be on best behaviour to try and make the governor look like an arsehole.

But lots of fascist agitators have shown up. Joey Gibson is there, Jovi val, proud boys with Right Wing Death Squad patches. And obviously who knows what would have happened if they hadnt arrested these guys for conspiracy to commit murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    A bunch of white guys marching with their guns on MLK day is more likely than not to be neo nazi or affiliated if they admit it or not. The fact that a number of MLK related events were canceled due to this was probably part of their intent.
    the protest march was set up by VCDL who are a self-admitted 2nd Amendment extremist group. It then became a lightning rod for militias across the country.

Look, the reality is the democrats chose to impeach Trump of their own volition during a period where the right wing has totally lost faith in the system. That choice is now pushing right wingers to join militia groups. And you are going to see that snowball into the Virginia 2A rally. You are choosing conflict and war with impeachment. The signs are there. You can't impeach and then stick your head in the sand and ignore the consequences. This is all tearing the nation apart. You did not have the political power to impeach and keep the nation stable and you did it anyway.

Sigh.
    Ok so we shoulda just let the right wingers do whatever they want cuz they don't trust the system?

Seems to me that there are 2 options here: either the right winged guys you're talking about are terrorists "do as we say or we will hurt you" or they are toddlers "WAAAAAAAAHH You don't agree so WAAAAAHHHH'
    Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I'm pretty sure guns were banned for the event and do you honestly believe it's exclusively made up of white guys? You really think there aren't any minorities in Virginia that are opposed to more gun control measures?

I'm watching a livestream of the event and it's literally just a bunch of rural old people. One of the speakers at the march literally stated it was a nonviolent protest.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The goal here is to prevent a nuclear armed nation from destabilizing politically. I don't care about any example that occurred before. Nothing in the past applies to THIS problem. Because if this nation goes to hell, its VERY likely some madman will get ahold of nukes. And then its fucking over. In THIS scenario, if one party completely loses trust and faith in the system,the ONLY sane option is to reverse course on public policy across the board and work to regain their trust in a peaceful manner. Because the alternative is unspeakable hell.
    So let criminals and nazis just have the nukes instead?

You don't seem to be thinking this through very well....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.