Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Good. We don't want their kind around in the first place.

    Game on a PC or don't game at all.
    SO many edges. Careful, dont cut yourself. Gaming is gaming.

  2. #22
    Yep. 10-20+ second freezes and if I get lucky a few seconds later I see like 1 frame of movement & sound which means the freeze will end in like 5+ seconds later. If it doesn't move & the sound loops ... the game crashed the graphics department and I have to hard reset to do anything. Can't F3 or alt tab out of it (even when in windowed mode at like 800*600) but I can hear sound of other programs in the background like TS or music.

    My sub ran out on Jan 23rd and I'm not planning on playing again until this has been fixed. Season 4 probably ruined for me ... cool. Been playing on mac since like 2010 and wow since 2006. I never had a problem with WoW on OSX at all until 8.3 fucked everything into the ground. Another thing to add to the recent "Blizzard doesn't care about their customers anymore" pile

    :/


    Btw here are two pretty active forum threads

    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1724

    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-83/119195/513
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2020-02-04 at 04:34 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

  3. #23
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    Another thing to add to the recent "Blizzard doesn't care about their customers anymore" pile

    :/
    This exactly, it's a sad truth, especially with what happen with WC3:R, absolutely saddening to see Blizzard come to this.

    The Blizzard we know and love would have had this fixed in days, not weeks.

  4. #24
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.

    This is still an issue.

    The post on the wow forums has generated over 1700 replies and only a few Blue replies. With no real progress. For weeks now this has been a problem, why?
    Maybe you should be asking that question on the official forums.. the blues dont troll here looking for questions to answer.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  5. #25
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe you should be asking that question on the official forums.. the blues dont troll here looking for questions to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.
    I'm not looking for an answer. I'm raising awareness to a problem that people are forgetting about, a problem that has to do with WoW, a problem that has to do with false advertising with Blizzard saying this game is compatible with Mac which as of now is not. As well as them not compensating for lost time, especially to those with the 6 month sub.

    Bad business practice has to be noticed.

    And yes, I have been posting on the official forums.

  6. #26
    I've had a lot of long freezes in big cities, but usually once I'm out of the crowds it's fine. M+ has been fine; I've done a key on all of my toons without issue.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    SO many edges. Careful, dont cut yourself. Gaming is gaming.
    Ok zoomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

  8. #28
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    I'm not looking for an answer. I'm raising awareness to a problem that people are forgetting about, a problem that has to do with WoW, a problem that has to do with false advertising with Blizzard saying this game is compatible with Mac which as of now is not. As well as them not compensating for lost time, especially to those with the 6 month sub.

    Bad business practice has to be noticed.

    And yes, I have been posting on the official forums.
    Raising 'awareness'... forgive my insolence... but isn't thats what the thread is about?... YOU say its not 'compatable'... but in this very thread are folks saying they aren't having problems... are you suggesting they are lying? or... are you really saying YOUR Mac is having a problem running Wow?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  9. #29
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Raising 'awareness'... forgive my insolence... but isn't thats what the thread is about?... YOU say its not 'compatable'... but in this very thread are folks saying they aren't having problems... are you suggesting they are lying? or... are you really saying YOUR Mac is having a problem running Wow?
    Yes, it is. That's why I'm bumping the thread, to keep it fresh in people's minds of the incompetence of Activision Blizzard as a whole right now.

    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1726
    No. Not just mine. Intel based Macs are having the issues. Sorry, but a handful of people saying they're having no issues does not over shadow the thousands of replies on the official forums. Which is also a pinned topic in the official forums.
    Last edited by Beergod; 2020-02-04 at 05:10 AM.

  10. #30
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Yes, it is. That's why I'm bumping the thread, to keep it fresh in people's minds of the incompetence of Activision Blizzard as a whole right now.

    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1726
    No. Not just mine. Intel based Macs are having the issues. Sorry, but a handful of people saying they're having no issues does not over shadow the thousands of replies on the official forums. Which is also a pinned topic in the official forums.
    So you are 'bumping' the thread for what reason... exactly... are you saying its not getting enough attention?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  11. #31
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are 'bumping' the thread for what reason... exactly... are you saying its not getting enough attention?
    Obviously. Some people don't browse the official wow forums, some people don't browse MMO-Champion. The more places it can be seen, the better.

    Does this not make sense to you?

  12. #32
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Obviously. Some people don't browse the official wow forums, some people don't browse MMO-Champion. The more places it can be seen, the better.

    Does this not make sense to you?
    Awareness does... the bumping, however, does not. Because if it was meant to have attention it would get it, without someone frantically waving their arms going 'Pay attention to me'
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-02-04 at 05:24 AM.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Correct, however, those are my thoughts on this...... "unmitigated disaster".
    A non-sequitur is your go-to "thought" when addressing comments? Your logical processes mus be faulty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe you should be asking that question on the official forums.. the blues dont troll here looking for questions to answer.
    That seems to depend on who you ask and whether it supports their argument or not.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Awareness does... the bumping, however, does not. Because if it was meant to have attention it would get it, without someone frantically waving their arms going 'Pay attention to me'
    Dude, look, I'm only trying to keep a discussion going on this topic, which is what a forum is for. What is your deal?
    I could have made a new topic. No, I searched for an existing topic, and bumped it.
    Are you just like a wannabe mod that's micro managing topics? You have literally contributed nothing constructive.

  15. #35
    This is more of an OT honest question.

    Do people actually try to play games on Mac? Why wouldn't you just Bootcamp to avoid all the issues of the, to be frank, a shitty mac environment?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Do people actually try to play games on Mac? Why wouldn't you just Bootcamp to avoid all the issues of the, to be frank, a shitty mac environment?
    I've always wondered that. I use Macs for work, but I've never really even thought about gaming on my MBP. But if I would, I'd install Bootcamp.

  17. #37
    Dreadlord Beergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    This is more of an OT honest question.

    Do people actually try to play games on Mac? Why wouldn't you just Bootcamp to avoid all the issues of the, to be frank, a shitty mac environment?
    Many players that play on Mac only play WoW, no need to have a PC to play one game, many player's MacBooks also have limited space due to MacBooks base SSD configuration, making Bootcamp impossible.
    As much as I agree as Bootcamp being an acceptable way to play the game, the point is that they advertise it as Mac compatible, which currently on most Macs is not.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Many players that play on Mac only play WoW, no need to have a PC to play one game, many player's MacBooks also have limited space due to MacBooks base SSD configuration, making Bootcamp impossible.
    As much as I agree as Bootcamp being an acceptable way to play the game, the point is that they advertise it as Mac compatible, which currently on most Macs is not.
    I question why they are paying so much to have such crappy SSD space?

    I can understand for work, but damn, for the same price as the best macbook pro you can get a MUCH better windows laptop....

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I question why they are paying so much to have such crappy SSD space?

    I can understand for work, but damn, for the same price as the best macbook pro you can get a MUCH better windows laptop....
    You bought reforged lol.. Who are you to tell people how to spend their money?
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You bought reforged lol.. Who are you to tell people how to spend their money?
    I didn't buy reforged O.o.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •