Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

8.3 unplayable for Mac users

Hello! Has everyone been enlightened by the fact that 8.3 is unplayable for a majority of Mac users. Players are reporting that they cannot do ANY instanced content ie. BG's, Mythic+, Raid etc. And it now seems to be seeping into outdoor content:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ring-after-83/

Thoughts on this unmitigated disaster?

They clearly don't care , its been three days...As long as you buy the mouse mount , they re fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkxie View Post
    They clearly don't care , its been three days...As long as you buy the mouse mount , they re fine
    hhaahah get that Squeakers, the Trickster mount my g

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Hello! Has everyone been enlightened by the fact that 8.3 is unplayable for a majority of Mac users. Players are reporting that they cannot do ANY instanced content ie. BG's, Mythic+, Raid etc. And it now seems to be seeping into outdoor content:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ring-after-83/

Back when I still played WoW I gave up playing on a Mac. I use Macs for my job, but I've had a Windows machine for gaming for a long time. Blizzard only has one or two Mac devs, it's simply not enough.

I play on a Mac ... a MacBook Pro. Haven't had any issues since the BfA beta. I actually noticed a bit of increase in performance with 8.3.

Yep, the HoO scenario hard crashes for me at stage 6, most other content results in unrecoverable beachballing, it doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. Sitting it out until the patch arrives. Possibly sitting it out until 9.0 if this isn't fixed soon.

edit: also lol at the blue suggesting we switch to DirectX. Wat?
    Last edited by oldgeezer; 2020-01-18 at 12:19 AM.

I'm just crashing every 10 minutes or so, the game just freezes for 15 seconds or so and sometimes it just gives up. Using Windows like a normal person isn't saving me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

My personal opinion, that I've had since the mid 90s....

A PC is for gaming. A Mac is for work.

Don't game on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    My personal opinion, that I've had since the mid 90s....

A PC is for gaming. A Mac is for work.

Don't game on a Mac.
    That doesn't address what's happening since the launch of 8.3 with thousands of Mac players suddenly not being able to play - this on top of the dozens of other technical issues since the launch of the patch, yikes!

I game on MB pro and I'm actually curious? haven't had any issues.

That doesn't address what's happening
    Correct, however, those are my thoughts on this...... "unmitigated disaster".

I doubt they even care about Mac right now. I would be surprised if the amount of players on WoW using Mac is over 15% - I would say it's probably much much lower actually.

They only care about $$$ so until the Windows fan base is stable... Mac has 0 chance.

Eventually I hope this company dies. This won't happen though because it is the norm for almost every gaming company to treat their customers like shit. They know that the majority of their customers are "addicted" to the games, so no matter what, people will continue to play. They only look at that as a Win/Win because they will continue to exploit the addiction and still make revenue.

HOTS is a prime example. The company knows it's a failure, but for some odd reason they still put some money into it. This obviously means... people play it... but they don't care how shitty it gets.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mac users lol. It sucks to suck i guess

Funny.

I play on Linux and have noticed no difference since patch. Steady 200 fps, drops to ~60-70 in raids.

TFW you play on Linux through an emulation layer (not really, but you get the point) and get more performance than mac users playing on a mac native version. At least you didn't pay for your system though, right? Oh. Wait! LMAO.

I play on a 5k iMac and it runs just fine. Usually I’m the one that had the bugs, but it’s been flawless for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.

This is still an issue.

The post on the wow forums has generated over 1700 replies and only a few Blue replies. With no real progress. For weeks now this has been a problem, why?

7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    Yes. My brother is having this problem.
    Still no word on a fix?

Good. We don't want their kind around in the first place.

Game on a PC or don't game at all.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post

That kind of thinking makes communities even more toxic than they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by naabu View Post
    Yes. My brother is having this problem.
    Still no word on a fix?
    Yep, still no word on a fix. They are "trying things" but no real progress.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post

still is unplayable for some pc users, freezing and lag is bullshit in 8.3 zones