Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Good. We don't want their kind around in the first place.

Game on a PC or don't game at all.
    SO many edges. Careful, dont cut yourself. Gaming is gaming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. 10-20+ second freezes and if I get lucky a few seconds later I see like 1 frame of movement & sound which means the freeze will end in like 5+ seconds later. If it doesn't move & the sound loops ... the game crashed the graphics department and I have to hard reset to do anything. Can't F3 or alt tab out of it (even when in windowed mode at like 800*600) but I can hear sound of other programs in the background like TS or music.

My sub ran out on Jan 23rd and I'm not planning on playing again until this has been fixed. Season 4 probably ruined for me ... cool. Been playing on mac since like 2010 and wow since 2006. I never had a problem with WoW on OSX at all until 8.3 fucked everything into the ground. Another thing to add to the recent "Blizzard doesn't care about their customers anymore" pile

:/

Btw here are two pretty active forum threads

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1724

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-83/119195/513
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2020-02-04 at 04:34 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    Another thing to add to the recent "Blizzard doesn't care about their customers anymore" pile

:/
    This exactly, it's a sad truth, especially with what happen with WC3:R, absolutely saddening to see Blizzard come to this.

The Blizzard we know and love would have had this fixed in days, not weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.

This is still an issue.

The post on the wow forums has generated over 1700 replies and only a few Blue replies. With no real progress. For weeks now this has been a problem, why?
    Maybe you should be asking that question on the official forums.. the blues dont troll here looking for questions to answer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe you should be asking that question on the official forums.. the blues dont troll here looking for questions to answer.
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.
    I'm not looking for an answer. I'm raising awareness to a problem that people are forgetting about, a problem that has to do with WoW, a problem that has to do with false advertising with Blizzard saying this game is compatible with Mac which as of now is not. As well as them not compensating for lost time, especially to those with the 6 month sub.

Bad business practice has to be noticed.

And yes, I have been posting on the official forums.

I've had a lot of long freezes in big cities, but usually once I'm out of the crowds it's fine. M+ has been fine; I've done a key on all of my toons without issue.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    SO many edges. Careful, dont cut yourself. Gaming is gaming.
    Ok zoomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not looking for an answer. I'm raising awareness to a problem that people are forgetting about, a problem that has to do with WoW, a problem that has to do with false advertising with Blizzard saying this game is compatible with Mac which as of now is not. As well as them not compensating for lost time, especially to those with the 6 month sub.

Bad business practice has to be noticed.

And yes, I have been posting on the official forums.
    Raising 'awareness'... forgive my insolence... but isn't thats what the thread is about?... YOU say its not 'compatable'... but in this very thread are folks saying they aren't having problems... are you suggesting they are lying? or... are you really saying YOUR Mac is having a problem running Wow?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raising 'awareness'... forgive my insolence... but isn't thats what the thread is about?... YOU say its not 'compatable'... but in this very thread are folks saying they aren't having problems... are you suggesting they are lying? or... are you really saying YOUR Mac is having a problem running Wow?
    Yes, it is. That's why I'm bumping the thread, to keep it fresh in people's minds of the incompetence of Activision Blizzard as a whole right now.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1726
    No. Not just mine. Intel based Macs are having the issues. Sorry, but a handful of people saying they're having no issues does not over shadow the thousands of replies on the official forums. Which is also a pinned topic in the official forums.
    Last edited by Beergod; 2020-02-04 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is. That's why I'm bumping the thread, to keep it fresh in people's minds of the incompetence of Activision Blizzard as a whole right now.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...us/411134/1726
    No. Not just mine. Intel based Macs are having the issues. Sorry, but a handful of people saying they're having no issues does not over shadow the thousands of replies on the official forums. Which is also a pinned topic in the official forums.
    So you are 'bumping' the thread for what reason... exactly... are you saying its not getting enough attention?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are 'bumping' the thread for what reason... exactly... are you saying its not getting enough attention?
    Obviously. Some people don't browse the official wow forums, some people don't browse MMO-Champion. The more places it can be seen, the better.

Does this not make sense to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously. Some people don't browse the official wow forums, some people don't browse MMO-Champion. The more places it can be seen, the better.

Does this not make sense to you?
    Awareness does... the bumping, however, does not. Because if it was meant to have attention it would get it, without someone frantically waving their arms going 'Pay attention to me'
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-02-04 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Correct, however, those are my thoughts on this...... "unmitigated disaster".
    A non-sequitur is your go-to "thought" when addressing comments? Your logical processes mus be faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems to depend on who you ask and whether it supports their argument or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awareness does... the bumping, however, does not. Because if it was meant to have attention it would get it, without someone frantically waving their arms going 'Pay attention to me'
    Dude, look, I'm only trying to keep a discussion going on this topic, which is what a forum is for. What is your deal?
    I could have made a new topic. No, I searched for an existing topic, and bumped it.
    Are you just like a wannabe mod that's micro managing topics? You have literally contributed nothing constructive.

This is more of an OT honest question.

Do people actually try to play games on Mac? Why wouldn't you just Bootcamp to avoid all the issues of the, to be frank, a shitty mac environment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

Do people actually try to play games on Mac? Why wouldn't you just Bootcamp to avoid all the issues of the, to be frank, a shitty mac environment?
    Many players that play on Mac only play WoW, no need to have a PC to play one game, many player's MacBooks also have limited space due to MacBooks base SSD configuration, making Bootcamp impossible.
    As much as I agree as Bootcamp being an acceptable way to play the game, the point is that they advertise it as Mac compatible, which currently on most Macs is not.

Many players that play on Mac only play WoW, no need to have a PC to play one game, many player's MacBooks also have limited space due to MacBooks base SSD configuration, making Bootcamp impossible.
    As much as I agree as Bootcamp being an acceptable way to play the game, the point is that they advertise it as Mac compatible, which currently on most Macs is not.
    I question why they are paying so much to have such crappy SSD space?

I can understand for work, but damn, for the same price as the best macbook pro you can get a MUCH better windows laptop....

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I question why they are paying so much to have such crappy SSD space?

I can understand for work, but damn, for the same price as the best macbook pro you can get a MUCH better windows laptop....
    You bought reforged lol.. Who are you to tell people how to spend their money?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You bought reforged lol.. Who are you to tell people how to spend their money?
    I didn't buy reforged O.o.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

I've been playing WoW, Civ, Xcom etc on Mac for like a decade now and never had THIS kind of issue. So far Blizzard kind of blames Apple and or Intel but (for me and a lot of others) this started with 8.3 and was never there before. A few people don't seem to be having this problem but thousands of people do and Blizzard is been very silent about it.

Check out the two threads from the US & EU forum if you want but they are pretty depressive in regards to how and when a blue actually responded.
    Druid since Feb. 06