Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Just fix terrible spawn rates and make gather quests unique per player and they'll be fine.
    Yep. That and reduce the rares daily quest to one, like they did with the Nazjatar rare daily.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I just took a break between my 297th and my 298th hyena kill to tell you there's nothing wrong with the new daily quests.
    I know it's not 2005 anymore but have you tried reading the quest.
    Collect 6 Rugged Hyena Pelts from Amathet Hunters or by skinning hyenas in Uldum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Instances of Warcraft more like.

I guess they think the hype the world first and MDI generate is worth it.
    So in a thread complaining about world content taking too long you manage to complain about there being no world content...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While I am not a fan of the dailies, I love the events which essentially ARE dailies.
    The events are essentially short WQs that don't show up on the map for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    I know it's not 2005 anymore but have you tried reading the quest.
    The droprate from the hunters isn't particularly good either, though. Same as with the Writs for the other daily, which have like 20% dropchance from non-elites.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

Surprised for some quests we are going back to the days I have to dread that existence of other friendly players. People playing MMOs shouldn't want an empty open world all to themselves. Really isn't that hard of a game concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why do people feel the need to do the dailies at all? The rep doesn't give anything except cosmetics and a reusable augment rune, the coalescing visions from them is low enough that gathering them should only matter to the most hardcore of bleeding edge raiders.

If you don't like the dailies just skip them. Doing only the 3 assaults per week will give you enough coalescing visions to stay on top of the curve anyways.
    Indeed. I personally only do the least tedious Rajani ones and completely ignore the Uldum ones, since all I want from those reps are the augment rune and the Warserpent. With so many games to play and with alts to consider, I'll be damned if I fly around for an hour hunting rares for a pittance of reputation and a completely negligible amount of visions.

Now there's something to be said about some of the content from the newest patch not being worth it 2-3 days after its release... But at least Horrific Visions are fun and the raid looks neat.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The droprate from the hunters isn't particularly good either, though. Same as with the Writs for the other daily, which have like 20% dropchance from non-elites.
    Hunters hyperspawn though, you go to the oasis patch with lions, stand on the ledge and pull hunters to the left and right of you and they respawn instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Hunters hyperspawn though, you go to the oasis patch with lions, stand on the ledge and pull hunters to the left and right of you and they respawn instantly.
    They do now, they didn't initially the first time when the daily was active.
    Monkashuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Ravencrest-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Surprised for some quests we are going back to the days I have to dread that existence of other friendly players. People playing MMOs shouldn't want an empty open world all to themselves. Really isn't that hard of a game concept to grasp.
    The faction tagging and single use objective clickables are such a huge step back in this patch that I almost wonder if it's an oversight. My realm is completely overrun with Alliance to the extent that I can barely even find a mob to kill, and a bunch of them are douchebags who will run up and click on the objective while you're fighting the mobs guarding them. Switching to War Mode to see if that helps.

I sure as hell am not doing this shit until shadow lands.

I loved flying around killing 30 goliaths last night without ever getting the 1 fucking quest item drop. That was a fucking LOAD of fun, lemme tell ya. So fun that after I hit THIRTY without getting the drop, I just abandoned it and logged off.

They weren't hard to kill, it wasn't "hard" beyond the fact that it's hard to stay focused on them long enough to actually get the fucking drop.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So in a thread complaining about world content taking too long you manage to complain about there being no world content...
    The problem is these daily quests are shit. They received the barest minimum of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    TBH I'm wondering if doing them is even worth it... 75 rep per daily and 50 visions. Reps are useless anyway, and in order to have enough visions from dailies for horrific visions you need to do them for:

10000 / (50x8 [four vale, four uldum]) = 25 days straight. For one horrific vision. Which you are guaranteed of once a week anyway, and every other week from assaults bonus.
    Yeah...I already abandoned some of them and went...wtf...no way. Patch is gonna be out for 9+ months.

There is however some sick amount of mementos needed for a mount and toy, which gives an achievement that gates something else that I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The grab 6 letters in uldum is the worst, ...
    ...until you need to kill 6 eyes of the empire ^^ - At least with the letters, today was an objective where some suntouched elites channelled...something in a tomb and they were constantly up and being killed. Also droprate on them seemed 50%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The problem is these daily quests are shit. They received the barest minimum of development time.
    Or QA attention....unless it is intentional to keep people circling areas forever with bad drop rates. In which case this will IMHO massively backfire.

They are very tedious due to spawn rate mostly, somehow they managed to throw away what they've learned from Nazjatar and give us these chores. Also I have no clue why the 'minigames' are not listed as WQs, would be a huge QoL improvement.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'd rather lose with Biden then try with Bernard.

Buggy as hell... game crashed, and all my dailies for uldum are gone upon logging back in... even the one for the mount within the month.

Indie company obviously! <_<

Definitely WOAT tier.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I wouldn't call them harder. They re more tedious because they take longer. People are confusing tedious with harder.
    Two different things. 'YOU' wouldn't call them harder - OK, thanks. And sure, maybe people are confusing it. But maybe they're not.

Someone that's been out for a couple of patches and sitting at 390 gear will certainly find the quests harder. NOT because they take longer but because it is actually more difficult to kill things AND more difficult to survive. Thesaurus says.......more difficult = harder.

People are confusing subjectivity with objectivity.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I enjoy wow and this patch but a lot of these daily quests are just terrible, horrible drop and spawn rates

I really really hope they are not doing this so that they can later say "see, world quests are so much better than dailies!" just so they don't have to work on better quality (god forbid something innovative) outdoor content. We've seen this plot with tier sets and how they started the dailies in MoP (although I liked it), so that they could say "fuck dailies and reps, nobody liked it in mop!" come WoD. That would be a shame.
    They basically took everything that was shit and inconvenient back then with regular dailies: unshared clickables, low drop rates, long respawn timers... and all this for tiny rep... :/

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    He's wrong. Did he just forget that WoD Daily's existed? Or 2.4's for that matter? Jesus Christ...