Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Surprised for some quests we are going back to the days I have to dread that existence of other friendly players. People playing MMOs shouldn't want an empty open world all to themselves. Really isn't that hard of a game concept to grasp.
    The faction tagging and single use objective clickables are such a huge step back in this patch that I almost wonder if it's an oversight. My realm is completely overrun with Alliance to the extent that I can barely even find a mob to kill, and a bunch of them are douchebags who will run up and click on the objective while you're fighting the mobs guarding them. Switching to War Mode to see if that helps.

7+ Year Old Account
    I sure as hell am not doing this shit until shadow lands.

I loved flying around killing 30 goliaths last night without ever getting the 1 fucking quest item drop. That was a fucking LOAD of fun, lemme tell ya. So fun that after I hit THIRTY without getting the drop, I just abandoned it and logged off.

They weren't hard to kill, it wasn't "hard" beyond the fact that it's hard to stay focused on them long enough to actually get the fucking drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So in a thread complaining about world content taking too long you manage to complain about there being no world content...
    The problem is these daily quests are shit. They received the barest minimum of development time.

They are very tedious due to spawn rate mostly, somehow they managed to throw away what they've learned from Nazjatar and give us these chores. Also I have no clue why the 'minigames' are not listed as WQs, would be a huge QoL improvement.

Buggy as hell... game crashed, and all my dailies for uldum are gone upon logging back in... even the one for the mount within the month.

Indie company obviously! <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely WOAT tier.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I wouldn't call them harder. They re more tedious because they take longer. People are confusing tedious with harder.
    Two different things. 'YOU' wouldn't call them harder - OK, thanks. And sure, maybe people are confusing it. But maybe they're not.

Someone that's been out for a couple of patches and sitting at 390 gear will certainly find the quests harder. NOT because they take longer but because it is actually more difficult to kill things AND more difficult to survive. Thesaurus says.......more difficult = harder.

People are confusing subjectivity with objectivity.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy wow and this patch but a lot of these daily quests are just terrible, horrible drop and spawn rates

I really really hope they are not doing this so that they can later say "see, world quests are so much better than dailies!" just so they don't have to work on better quality (god forbid something innovative) outdoor content. We've seen this plot with tier sets and how they started the dailies in MoP (although I liked it), so that they could say "fuck dailies and reps, nobody liked it in mop!" come WoD. That would be a shame.
    They basically took everything that was shit and inconvenient back then with regular dailies: unshared clickables, low drop rates, long respawn timers... and all this for tiny rep... :/

He's wrong. Did he just forget that WoD Daily's existed? Or 2.4's for that matter? Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Funny how Timeless Isle, a zone with like 1 daily......ended up being the best patch content Blizzard has ever made, still.

It LONG overstayed it's welcome, but 5.4 was a masterpiece.
    It's just weird when TI was one the best patch.
    Then all the other patch after TI, was worst than each other. ffs I thought they learned with Argus ......
    ¨ You though we fucked shit up ? Now look at this¨ - ActiviBlizzIon

I also love how we got a) Nesingwary-Safaricamp all over again on warmode, because the Daily quest NPCs stand in the middle of nowhere.
    And b) If the NPC spot is camped by an ally raid and you log of before reviving, your body now counts to be in a dungeon and you can not retrieve it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Or QA attention....unless it is intentional to keep people circling areas forever with bad drop rates. In which case this will IMHO massively backfire.
    Stuff like that shouldn't need QA attention. It's pretty self evident that giving regular mobs that everyone in the zone wants to kill a 5 minute respawn timer with a <10% chance to drop their quest items is a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Two different things. 'YOU' wouldn't call them harder - OK, thanks. And sure, maybe people are confusing it. But maybe they're not.

Someone that's been out for a couple of patches and sitting at 390 gear will certainly find the quests harder. NOT because they take longer but because it is actually more difficult to kill things AND more difficult to survive. Thesaurus says.......more difficult = harder.

People are confusing subjectivity with objectivity.
    They are confusing it. YOu can kill things at 390 just as you can at higher iLvL's . Taking longer due to lower ILvL's does not = harder. The difficulty is the same. The only difference is the time it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I rather had done world quests at this point. The the amount limiting that Blizzard does to this game is astounding but shouldn't be surprised at this point trying to get those numbers for their master Activision.

Apparently some agree with me look at Necroxis here.

https://twitter.com/Necroxis9/status...09262482509834

So the question becomes... What, EXACTLY, are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop giving Blizzard your money?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh...yeah...prolly shouldn't, but I have no clue how stuff works or doesn't work in the frantic daily life of a big company. You know..as in "get this shit out"?

Perspective on this in another issue that affects me more daily? Trains being put on tracks by the national rail in my country? They will do, even if 2 out of 10 toilets don't work and 5 out of 20 doors don't open.

And even 15 years ago, a friend working for a company that sells cell phones told me how they kept calling new phones "bananas" - they will ripen with the customer.

So..yeah..what is a game in the bigger scope of things, eh? /s
    It's a touch more low effort than any of that. It just means inserting a different value into the NPC's code. A few numbers and these issues would be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day it is either this (which half of us ...and more...won't do, because all in all we are just having too much fun / are addicted) or rant impotently on forums. Not even the official ones, mind you

Hell..at the end of the day it is a handful ranting on forums as if it will change anything and 90+% just playing and not caring about the forum rants, not even being aware of forums.

Hell...forums don't even help me with in game questions. That would be icy veins or wowhead. Forums are more like a sewer. Yet I live here
    I find it rather a sad commentary on our world that the folks carpet bombing the forums with their tears believe that their tears are going to soak into the ground and bear fruit of some kind. They aren't, they are however going to be the source of mirth for the folks that realize that nothing said here will make it to the eyes and ears of the PTBs at Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

They do seem abnormally grindy per world quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq