Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Why do people need sources, credits and facts?

Don't you know that noone on the Internet lies ?
    As the president of Zimbabwe, I support this notion.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    He actually makes fun and interesting videos and has a promising game in development. What's wrong with wanting to build a career for yourself? You sound like the kind of person who would shit talk anyone who is making even slightly more money than they need to stay alive.
    He axxed the "History of warcraft" series which was the best content.. mostly because "It's not clickbait or relevant, thus not brining in views or money" (his words not mine) He has also stated that he dislikes his clickbait thumbnails and titles.. But again he does it since the numbers show that without it.. no clicks and no money.

So he and his company only cares about money and not making the best content possible.. Much like how Activision blizzard is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..what do win?
    A sale of Blizzard to Tencent! Hey, if the remaining customers are in China...
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Did they though? The reality is, "random guy from the internet claiming to be from Blizzard reached out to me" is 10000% more accurate.
    This is the truth of what happened....

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Sounds as legitimate as the leak that said that diablo 4 was an FPS game and that blizzard is banning white men, remember that 4 chan shitpost you all got upset over, and then at blizzcon it turned out to be a pile of dung and now the threads dead?

Many fanboys will dismiss this, but bellular is on point with his leaks and info. Always has been and he’s a pillar of positivity

It isn’t like heelVsBabyface who has an axe to grind, bellular is a positive guy who spits facts so if he’s saying this it’s true

And tbh, it lines up with all the other internal leaks we already knew about during classics launch (that classic team was the happiest in the building and live team was miserable and lack of moral)

Quote Originally Posted by yagdadoolin View Post
    Well, there is rewards on one side, and gameplay on the other. I do not think that world quests are fun, they are rather dull, and are mainly played because of the rewards from my point of view. Also, the developers see every content outside of raids or dungeons as catchup mechanisms for exactly those, as you also can see in 8.3, where the fun in world content even was reduces and plays in reused assets only, with quest design from the early 2000s with big spawn timers and mainly kill x and collect y.

I think the open world content should have been modernized in a way we are used to from modern RPGs. Which is possible in a MMORPG, based on phasing and other game system developments.

The big problem, from my point of view, is that many world quests are not as replayable as blizzard wants us to play them. Means if you sent a thousand turtles into the water you are literally done with turtles for all of your life, probably.

From my point of view, all content outside of raids or dungeons is mainly existent just to allow players to catchup for instanced content. Which is also displayed in a missing effort culminating in the bad implementation in patch 8.3.

The design of repetition is based on skinner boxes, without offering a lot of different gameplay just by the same kind of quests over and over. Blizzard would have to spend a lot more effort to add novelty to an evolving world, but they cannot do that as long they invest everything into raids and dungeons.

So here is the problem i talk about. Is the focus on instanced content right, or should it probably be balanced among the different gameplay styles?

For now it seems Ion Hazzikostas is not able to balance that correctly, as raids are still big and epic, but the world conent deminishes to bad world quests in reused assets.
    And yet we still end up with the laughable situations where almost all of the mythic bosses in TEP are the same as the heroic version, but just "more".
    Stuff like Radiance, where the only difference is there's two adds during the intermission instead of 1.
    Or Orgozoa, where it just summons adds faster.

I'm not going to say BfA is some masterpiece. But I've had more fun with the content outside of raiding than I have with raiding for last few months. So I'm going to go on a limb and say it's not an issue with Ion focusing too much on raiding, since mind you, it's not a dictatorship, but rather an overall issue with BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    you know what's real sad?

if this is to be believed, and all is correct with this info, then seeing ion and company try to sell BfA and Shadowlands during their respective BlizzCon reveals -- feigning hype, excitement, or any way shape or form a semblance of internal interest -- knowing full and well how shoddy and hollow they are.... that's a sad thought indeed.

like when wyatt cheng revealed Diablo Immortal... he as trying so hard to sound excited and come off as genuinely happy for it when you could just tell in his EYES he knew this was a bust.
    I actually suggest you rewatch the shadowlands dev stuff again. They clearly aren’t excited or happy and are acting

this is extremely noticeable, last amazing patch was 7.3.5 in legion after that nothing has catched my interest and legion is the only expansion in a few years that i actually played alot since i quitted raiding in late cataclysm.

He axxed the "History of warcraft" series which was the best content.. mostly because "It's not clickbait or relevant, thus not brining in views or money" (his words not mine)
    "Axxed" as in not continuing the series? I thought he said he would resume them after apologizing for the delay? I might be wrong.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I actually suggest you rewatch the shadowlands dev stuff again. They clearly aren’t excited or happy and are acting
    Confirmation bias to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

This is 100% believable and goes along with the rumors that have been out since BFA started. Low morale, Activision taking more control , understaffed.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by imahorse View Post
    "Axxed" as in not continuing the series? I thought he said he would resume them after apologizing for the delay? I might be wrong.
    Well, he said it's not gonna be on youtube any more, as it messes with the metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Found it, here's the list of employees selected for termination. Two columns, selected, and not selected:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/401389...zsTyPm8t95vdMf
    That is exactly as I described them. A lot of technical, operational and programming jobs scrapped, which means also less dev-time because the devs have to pick up those tasks now instead.

So to me them stating "only non-development jobs are being scrapped" was just another way to try and deceive the public.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2020-01-18 at 04:13 PM.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Confirmation bias to me.
    You can see it during the long QnA sessions with ion and lore. They are clearly worn out. You can’t hide that and ion looks like someone who simply doesn’t give a F anymore

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    You can see it during the long QnA sessions with ion and lore. They are clearly worn out. You can’t hide that and ion looks like someone who simply doesn’t give a F anymore
    Or just not good at public speaking like at all. I seriously doubt Ion does not give a fuck anymore. I've heard that so many damn times even during before Legion. Its just bullshit. I've watched the long Qna stuff. I can tell when I see something is off and I did not.

That is exactly as I described them. A lot of technical, operational and programming jobs scrapped, which means also less dev-time because the devs have to pick up those jobs now instead.
    Mostly non developers were layed off. Cms were removed and probably a lot of QA. Even if Warfronts excited people still, they'd still be buggy.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-01-18 at 04:14 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    And you have zero evidence that he just heard it on discord...
    Well, the first sentance of the Video you linked:
    "I have heard this stuff on Discord".

Edit:
    Anyhow, I still have the same view on this as always:
    Its none of my Damn Business.
    The only thing that matters is, if the Product is worth the Amount I pay for.

If the Work Conditions are Awfull, than its the Business of the Employees and Employers. They can always look for another/better job.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2020-01-18 at 04:18 PM.

Well, he said it's not gonna be on youtube any more, as it messes with the metrics.
    Ok I guess I must have missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That is exactly as I described them. A lot of technical, operational and programming jobs scrapped, which means also less dev-time because the devs have to pick up those tasks now instead.

So to me them stating "only non-development jobs are being scrapped" was just another way to try and deceive the public.
    Like the deception that permeates the OP and the claim from their YouTube God?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mostly non developers were layed off. Cms were removed and probably a lot of QA. Even if Warfronts excited people still, they'd still be buggy.
    Look at the list posted: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52030560

Then read my comment here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52030539

Those are exactly the kind of jobs I was talking about. That is exactly what Bellular also explained in his video. And that is exactly how you can have your developers ending up understaffed because of the lay-offs.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.