Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    Except the veracity and verification of sources is the only way true news and facts are made. Trustworthiness of reporters is subjective as all of them have a bias. Fox, CNN, ABC, the little local news stations, they all have a bias and bellular is no different. It is fanatical to trust a reporter just on his word rather than his sources.
    This is objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    He has over 10,000 posts. Why do you need a source? Talk about double standards.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

There was no proof offered that he was actually talking to anyone within Blizzard. Just watched the entire video. Although as far as people in this thread stating he admitted he didn't know if he was talking to a Blizzard rep for sure, he never said that. He kept saying "the fact that" but I never heard him express confusion about the legitimacy of the contact. There's a lot of "I think" or "it seems" and not any data or screens whenever he talks about what's going on, too, so it's not like anything he says can be taken seriously.

I don't really trust anything he says but anyone who's been paying attention can tell Activision is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He has over 10,000 posts. Why do you need a source? Talk about double standards.
    I was using his flawed "methods" against him.

Do you have a source for that?
    Yea... a Blizz employee told me in chat.

See how that works... If you can believe his questionable source, I can believe mine.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yea... a Blizz employee told me in chat.

See how that works... If you can believe his questionable source, I can believe mine.
    I don't judge you as a reliable reporter though.

Except its not... Every person that has ever drawn a breath has a bias, yes, even you.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Except its not... Every person that has ever drawn a breath has a bias, yes, even you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No its not. There is a reason why news reports use sources to begin with. Because the verification of what is being reported is the utmost importance. It isn't objectively false. To even claim so shows you just have an ulterior motive that has nothing to do with facts or "truth".
    We will have to agree to disagree.

I don't judge you as a reliable source though.
    Pity, I'm telling the truth, trust me.

No its not. There is a reason why news reports use sources to begin with. Because the verification of what is being reported is the utmost importance. It isn't objectively false. To even claim so shows you just have an ulterior motive that has nothing to do with facts or "truth".

Bias exists. Everyone has it. Which is why sources matter because it helps to dispel that innate bias.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's pretty easy... do you have a favorite anything? If you do, then you have a bias toward that... If there is anything you dont like, then you have a bias against it...

There isn't anything to 'agree' or 'disagree' about... its a fact of nature.

I was using his flawed "methods" against him.
    It doesn't work, you should just stop posting, TIA.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    So is there anything of substance here or is it just 12 pages of the OP arguing with every single person here?
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

You have freely admitted that you have a bias towards Bellular. That you trust him because of who he is and how he has represented himself in the past. That his source telling the truth or not is irrelevant because your trust Bellular.

That is a bias. You can disagree all you want but remaining ignorant of facts do not change the facts.

No.

I believe him because to me he's a trustworthy source.

Please don't assume what I would like to be true or not. I'm not typically someone who posts negatively about Blizzard or about WoW. You'll find in my post history that I find it important that WoW does well and I probably defended Blizzard's design choices numerous times.
    He isn't a source tho. I believe you really should stop posting.
    No matter who it is, until you have proper source you should not believe anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So is there anything of substance here or is it just 12 pages of the OP arguing with every single person here?
    Pretty much just 12 pages of the OP arguing with everyone, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Pretty much just 12 pages of the OP arguing with everyone, yeah.
    Cool so the typical "Activision is shutting down WoW" thread.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Ah the age where people think clikbait youtubers are legtimate journalists and have "sources". Technology has truly ruined humans.

Still I wonder what would all these MMOC source analysts say if a traditional journalist told the same tale, without mentioning his/her sources.
    "This world is a prison!"

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Blame Mike Morhaime. He sold out.
    In 1994, when Blizzard was acquired by Davidson & Associates for $6.75M.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock